BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets (inc. Renewal Poll)

ST Poll  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy a season ticket for 2021/22?

• Yes - no matter what
    • Yes - depending on personal circumstances
    • No - but I would if Mowbray left
    • No - but for other reasons

Regarding the renewal pole, it looks like people will renew if Mowbray wasn't manager, well i will renew so i can voice my opinion on Mowbray at the match, i reckon a few thousand telling him his time is up will push him out sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, EgyptianPete said:

Regarding the renewal pole, it looks like people will renew if Mowbray wasn't manager, well i will renew so i can voice my opinion on Mowbray at the match, i reckon a few thousand telling him his time is up will push him out sooner rather than later.

I concur. I've been going since 1975 and will continue to do so long after this lot have vanished.

Mowbray will be getting both barrels from me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Mowbray will be getting both barrels from me.

If I can't hear both barrels on Radio Lancs, they will never hear it in Pune or even on the touchline.

Not like the deafening silence of an empty stadium would be heard.

I predict all I will hear is enthusiastic polite clapping.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, tomphil said:

It's like the owners, manager, directors etc take the easy option first time, every time and to hell with it.

Whether it comes to funding - yeah just sign off the usual budget and do what you want with it.

Signing players - just look at what our mates have for us or what's around at the last min then try and fit them in the team.

Tickets etc - well whoever wants to come will come and pay the going rate, balls to the rest.

Absolute tinpot outfit.

This is wrong! We have had no Board and no care and attention from the Owners for 10 years. There is no connection between the Team, Manager, CEO and the rest of the Club Directors, whatever time they spare for us. It is now a Financial Control issue only from Pune. The Trust is trying to flush them out, but it is not working as yet. Next stage is July 19th when the UK re-opens coupled with the Rovers Accounts being passed(?).

We need the fans back and in numbers 'to keep the flame burning'. The season ticket pricing plus walk-on prices will not produce this. I think we need a September 1st Season-Ticket Offer in August coupled with 6 match or 10 match "bundle offers". Its of no use to have more supporters not at the match as those at the match, because there is no appetite for protests and the situation just breeds apathy.

• Like 2

These lot will have us as a midtable lge 1 outfit soon enough anyway, it's always been on the cards.  Far more likely than ever going the other way. They are stupid enough to think go down again and we'll bounce straight back.

We won't.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

I respectfully disagree John.

We need administration ASAP and rebuild from the ground up.

The fans will come out united, the swamp will be cleared and the last 10 years put behind us.

Anything else is prolonging the agony and division.

Think you are backing the wrong horse.

I honestly can't believe that I am reading a post from a Rovers fan saying that we NEED administration! 

The most ridiculous post I have ever seen on here. 

• Like 5

15 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

I respectfully disagree John.

We need administration ASAP and rebuild from the ground up.

The fans will come out united, the swamp will be cleared and the last 10 years put behind us.

Anything else is prolonging the agony and division.

Think you are backing the wrong horse.

Absolute tosh.

Enter administration, and we may never come back. That's what generally happens to businesses who go bust.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

If I can't hear both barrels on Radio Lancs, they will never hear it in Pune or even on the touchline.

Not like the deafening silence of an empty stadium would be heard.

I predict all I will hear is enthusiastic polite clapping.

With respect to getting rid of the owners, this is the answer. The only action that will gain any significant coverage or reaction.

A half full stadium will be explained away as people being cautious after Covid. Nothing changes.

We need to go on strike. Make a point with our absence.

Operation Empty Ewood.

• Backroom

On the discussion a couple of pages back, I asked my dad at weekend if he fancied renewing, he said he’d wait to see what the prices were.

Wasn’t aware they’d been released, a season ticket holder of decades, even in the digital age we should be sure that every potential customer is reached 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

But they had buyers in the wings with a plan Rovers do not !

IF Rovers go into Administration then there will be no shortage of buyers - I am absolutely convinced of that.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

With respect to getting rid of the owners, this is the answer. The only action that will gain any significant coverage or reaction.

A half full stadium will be explained away as people being cautious after Covid. Nothing changes.

We need to go on strike. Make a point with our absence.

Operation Empty Ewood.

"half full"????

7 hours ago, Mercer said:

IF Rovers go into Administration then there will be no shortage of buyers - I am absolutely convinced of that.

Absolutely NOT convinced about that otherwise why are there no offers from anyone interested in investing? Waiting till administration doesn’t appear to be an attractive option

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mike E said:

We've had buyers waiting for at least 5 years.

Who and where are they ? The club is ripe for the right investment instead what you are suggesting is potential buyer are sitting idle and watching a sinking ship due before acting? Doesn’t make good business sense

• Like 1

• Backroom
40 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Who and where are they ? The club is ripe for the right investment instead what you are suggesting is potential buyer are sitting idle and watching a sinking ship due before acting? Doesn’t make good business sense

A £1 football club with no debt, but a ton of history behind it and a solid core fanbase for a L1 level at worst? Perfect business sense.

Clubs with less than that are absolutely bouncing after administration. Not saying it's my preference btw, but don't pretend it'd kill a club like Rovers.

As for who and where they are, we've had at least 3 bids for Rovers in the public domain since 2010. I know of one who's sitting back and waiting for the chance, and I'm sure there are others.

Venkys' lack of willingness to sell is the only reason we haven't been sold, it certainly isn't for lack of money.

• Like 7

Administration isn’t as simple as that though is it? Debts have to be paid to creditors at agreed rates. Players will be sold on for buttons, our up and coming players would be snapped up, the academy would be closed, the u23 team disbanded, points deducted meaning an inevitable second relegation and all that added to a full rebuild! By then what support we have left will have lost all interest Brockhall would have been sold on, ground would be in worse condition than it is now, tv money gone etc etc etc. In my view administration is not an option.

• Like 3

Banks usually step in and fund it as a going concern in the short term until a sale is agreed.

Definitely collateral damage though it's unavoidable but it's unlikely to happen anyway. The way Vs fund it means as far as we know there isn't much external debt. Not that can be heaped on the club anyway.

The bank OD limit usually runs on a par with squad value so a sale or two would square that. So if Vs did plonk it in admin it would probably be so it could be bought back and start again.

That's an even grimmer prospect.

Edited by tomphil