BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets (inc. Renewal Poll)

ST Poll  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy a season ticket for 2021/22?

• Yes - no matter what
    • Yes - depending on personal circumstances
    • No - but I would if Mowbray left
    • No - but for other reasons

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

A £1 football club with no debt, but a ton of history behind it and a solid core fanbase for a L1 level at worst? Perfect business sense.

Clubs with less than that are absolutely bouncing after administration. Not saying it's my preference btw, but don't pretend it'd kill a club like Rovers.

As for who and where they are, we've had at least 3 bids for Rovers in the public domain since 2010. I know of one who's sitting back and waiting for the chance, and I'm sure there are others.

Venkys' lack of willingness to sell is the only reason we haven't been sold, it certainly isn't for lack of money.

And we would lose our grade 1 academy status for sure, players would lose on the cheap, assets sold off..so that's isnt business sense is it? 

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

And we would lose our grade 1 academy status for sure, players would lose on the cheap, assets sold off..so that's isnt business sense is it? 

Losing Cat 1 would’ve happened if the proposed plan to sell off half of our most valuable asset had gone ahead. Raya was the most recent player lost on the cheap, soon to be followed by some/all of Armstrong, Nyambe and Rothwell, maybe others.

I’m not saying I’d welcome administration, but those arguments aren’t strong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

Administration isn’t as simple as that though is it? Debts have to be paid to creditors at agreed rates. Players will be sold on for buttons, our up and coming players would be snapped up, the academy would be closed, the u23 team disbanded, points deducted meaning an inevitable second relegation and all that added to a full rebuild! By then what support we have left will have lost all interest Brockhall would have been sold on, ground would be in worse condition than it is now, tv money gone etc etc etc. In my view administration is not an option.

Pretty much everything you've listed there has happened or is likely to happen in the near future under these owners.

The only good they do is pump substantial money in but any advantage from that is nearly all squandered due to mismanagement anyway.

Our support base has been decimated under these buffoons. Hard to see how it can get worse than 2500 season tickets.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

Administration isn’t as simple as that though is it? Debts have to be paid to creditors at agreed rates. Players will be sold on for buttons, our up and coming players would be snapped up, the academy would be closed, the u23 team disbanded, points deducted meaning an inevitable second relegation and all that added to a full rebuild! By then what support we have left will have lost all interest Brockhall would have been sold on, ground would be in worse condition than it is now, tv money gone etc etc etc. In my view administration is not an option.

Whether it would be a springboard for a rejuvinated club or the point of no return, administration will probably happen when Venky's tire of paying millions of pounds on something they have no interest in. May as well get it over with sooner rather than later.

When it happens I'll be first in the queue for a season ticket - but not before.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Losing Cat 1 would’ve happened if the proposed plan to sell off half of our most valuable asset had gone ahead. Raya was the most recent player lost on the cheap, soon to be followed by some/all of Armstrong, Nyambe and Rothwell, maybe others.

That's why I was totally against any move by the club or owner to get rid off our academy..

On Raya, I was for the sale as far me he became too much of a liability like his mistakes against Birmingham City. 

If Nyambe isn't going to sign a new contract then we have to sell him and bring in a replacement. 

Dont see Armstrong being sold on the cheap. 

• Backroom
2 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Absolutely appreciate all those risks, of course. I only view administration as a last resort (I certainly don't SEEK it), but don't feel it's all that doom and gloom from a rebuilding perspective.

In fact, I think it's inevitable under these owners unless they take the Walker approach and get in a proper CEO and management.

They would've been heroes if they'd only left Williams, Finn, Goodman and Big Sam in situ for a bit and upped the £5m to £10m.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Absolutely appreciate all those risks, of course. I only view administration as a last resort (I certainly don't SEEK it), but don't feel it's all that doom and gloom from a rebuilding perspective.

In fact, I think it's inevitable under these owners unless they take the Walker approach and get in a proper CEO and management.

They would've been heroes if they'd only left Williams, Finn, Goodman and Big Sam in situ for a bit and upped the £5m to £10m.

Allardyce wanted out of Rovers for 6 months prior to Venkys arriving as owners. 

Something people like yourself forget very easily 

• Backroom
Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Allardyce wanted out of Rovers for 6 months prior to Venkys arriving as owners. 

Something people like yourself forget very easily 

Excuse me?

You will never, ever get a total boycott under these owners. There is a substantial number of fans that don’t particularly have an issue with the Rao’s  - semi regular LT stories of ‘cash injections’ will only reinforce their views. Or if they do, they see putting up with a badly run club as part and parcel of fandom.

So feel free to keep wistfully dreaming of it, ‘the message it will send’ etc - but what will actually happen is what always does here, more and more will just walk away - and we will see a dwindling of support down to mid 80s levels.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

Again there are silly idiots abound on social media claiming Vs have just injected 29 million and turning it into Mowbray propaganda.

The finer details of it all, like it's mostly money already spent, totally lost above their heads.

How many of these lot will stump up £30 for walk on tickets i wonder ?

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

You will never, ever get a total boycott under these owners. There is a substantial number of fans that don’t particularly have an issue with the Rao’s  - semi regular LT stories of ‘cash injections’ will only reinforce their views. Or if they do, they see putting up with a badly run club as part and parcel of fandom.

So feel free to keep wistfully dreaming of it, ‘the message it will send’ etc - but what will actually happen is what always does here, more and more will just walk away - and we will see a dwindling of support down to mid 80s levels.

the only message it sends is that people are fickle Man United turn up in the cup so do the fans, there are plenty of excuses going about as to why fans don't want to go. The Venkys argument is neither here nor there for me now I boycotted for 4 years didn't change anything. I had to separate my apathy for the owners and pretty much every manager they have appointed and focuses on the lads on the pitch, having kids also helped. Living in Manchester now I wouldn't want them hoovered up to a manc club support wise

• Like 6

3 hours ago, PeteJD13 said:

the only message it sends is that people are fickle Man United turn up in the cup so do the fans, there are plenty of excuses going about as to why fans don't want to go. The Venkys argument is neither here nor there for me now I boycotted for 4 years didn't change anything. I had to separate my apathy for the owners and pretty much every manager they have appointed and focuses on the lads on the pitch, having kids also helped. Living in Manchester now I wouldn't want them hoovered up to a manc club support wise

Whilst I totally understand your reasons / logic for continuing to attend, and have no issue with people who are making that choice, let's be absolutely clear that blame for dwindling crowds lies solely at the owners' door after a decade of destruction.

If they, or other people, cannot see the connection, they are in denial, (or just thick).

Our hopeless, so called CEO is blatantly going through the motions with the season ticket 'campaign'.

That really says it all.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

You are probably right - I don't think a total boycott would be possible at any club, although Blackpool got pretty close.

Having said that, we have to try. We need to take some action whether it is protest and/or boycott. Simply accepting the situation and doing nothing because 'it'll never work' is not an option.

Venky's will leave at some point, we need to speed the process up by any means necessary.

14 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

You are probably right - I don't think a total boycott would be possible at any club, although Blackpool got pretty close.

Having said that, we have to try. We need to take some action whether it is protest and/or boycott. Simply accepting the situation and doing nothing because 'it'll never work' is not an option.

Venky's will leave at some point, we need to speed the process up by any means necessary.

Of course. Rev showed over Brockhall what a targeted protest and PR campaign can do.

There are lots of potential avenues to take, but we need to move away from the constant cries of ‘empty ground’, ‘total boycott’ to tactics that are achievable.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

Will they though ?

I'm not so sure i think their tenure at Rovers could well out see a lot of fans. Reason it went pear shaped with the Walkers is the younger ones weren't interested. 

If Barry's lad and other younger members of the Rao clan have an interest, even if it's only as a toy, then it could go on a long time.  Their empire is growing and the spare money is there to chuck around annually. These lot view it as an ongoing project/game/experiment.

Jacks empire was ripe for breaking up and reigning in to a manageable, profitable size. His kids and grandkids just seemed to view it as the old mans expensive obsession but the old man was gone.

The Rao elders are only 40's/50's this could go on a long time yet.

Edited by tomphil