BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets (inc. Renewal Poll)

ST Poll  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy a season ticket for 2021/22?

• Yes - no matter what
    • Yes - depending on personal circumstances
    • No - but I would if Mowbray left
    • No - but for other reasons

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

I’ve fairly regularly regaled the forum over the years about when I had a chat with John Williams who was told on his first day by the directors that we ‘have 8,000 fans’.

The board (remember those!) meant that though we may have 20,000+ sitting in the home stands every week, it’s that 8,000 that will be your forever core and you have to work your arse off to keep and perhaps even grow the rest.

And it held true, despite Kean, relegation, Coyle, another relegation and generally a decade of utter crap there was always a minimum of 8/9000 ST holders…

until Waggott.

And 18 months too much of Mowbray with possession stats crap and claptrap.

4 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Yes I expect they may rise by a few over the next 7/10 days, up to the claim your seat deadline.  After that, can't see where sales come from.

Cant see the claim your seat dead line affecting sales as there is not a que waiting to grab your seat if you dont

1 hour ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

I don't think you have mentioned that before.

I think Chaddy thinks if he says it often enough it will hypnotise people into thinking the same.

He also favours a Director of Football type structure as well. You probably hadn't picked that up either.

🙂

• Like 4

I've absolutely no confidence in the season being a normal one. Only tonight Arsenal have called off their pre season tour due to some positive cases. I don't want to sound like that negative guy but the way things are going postponed games will be plentiful again next season. I'm sure that element of doubt must be in other people's minds too and perhaps influencing some people's decision. Even if games are on the rates round here are gonna mean people missing games through isolation etc too. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ossydave said:

I've absolutely no confidence in the season being a normal one. Only tonight Arsenal have called off their pre season tour due to some positive cases. I don't want to sound like that negative guy but the way things are going postponed games will be plentiful again next season. I'm sure that element of doubt must be in other people's minds too and perhaps influencing some people's decision. Even if games are on the rates round here are gonna mean people missing games through isolation etc too. 

Which would be a fair enough view… if most other clubs weren’t seeing robust sales, be it hitting 2019 levels or beating them - certainly I haven’t come across any other clubs whose figures are well down.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, had.e.nuff said:

Cant see the claim your seat dead line affecting sales as there is not a que waiting to grab your seat if you dont

My son and I went down to renew last week. We want to move seats slightly but have to wait until after deadline day before seats free up. We will go down again early on the day after deadline day and hopefully get the seats we want. I got the impression that seats were selling ok in the Jack Walker upper tier.

My decision to renew is purely based on it being a habit, a desire to get back to some sort of normal life and also that deceased family members followed Rovers through thick and thin for decades and I like keeping that tradition.

Sadly, I think we will find ourselves in the bottom five very quickly.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Ossydave said:

I have yet to renew - and the COVID impact is at the front of my mind. But again - this should have been part of the sales blurb from the club (i.e. if another lockdown - this is what will happen). They could even move to provide assurances for people who are concerned about coming back to the ground during the ongoing pandemic.

The apparent lack of planning and information coming from the club around Season Tickets to help sell them is poor.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Which would be a fair enough view… if most other clubs weren’t seeing robust sales, be it hitting 2019 levels or beating them - certainly I haven’t come across any other clubs whose figures are well down.

I imagine it's quite the opposite at some clubs with many having a "can't wait to get back in the ground" attitude too. Such is the general apathy to our club right now though I doubt there's many with that mindset in our fanbase.

I am in a way looking forward to getting back in the stands but it's pretty difficult to justify a season ticket. It'll be another season of picking and choosing games for me. I'll struggle to make midweek games for starters and there no need to have a season ticket to secure away tickets for high profile games any more. I'm not precious about securing a set seat as I'll sit near enough anywhere in the Bburn end, it's never hard to get a decent seat buying on match day. On top of that as I've already said I'm expecting a lot of disruption next season due to covid, but that's just an additional factor in my decision rather than the main reason.

7 hours ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

I have yet to renew - and the COVID impact is at the front of my mind. But again - this should have been part of the sales blurb from the club (i.e. if another lockdown - this is what will happen). They could even move to provide assurances for people who are concerned about coming back to the ground during the ongoing pandemic.

The apparent lack of planning and information coming from the club around Season Tickets to help sell them is poor.

Have emailed the club with similar concerns, no reply.

16 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Its none existant

My experience indicates this is incorrect. We hold two STs linked to the same email address. On June 18th we received two emails, individually addressed to the ST holder by first name, giving full details for the 2021/22 season. 

It seems surprising either the vast majority on here do not have an email address registered with the club or they have all been missed/excluded from a mass marketing email - logistically a very difficult task.

Nothing in the post but then I think the club abandoned the ST pack years ago. Whether that is a good thing or not it isn't a sudden recent change.

We've received a postal reminder car park STs are now available.

Edited by Paul

I know a fair few older folk who didn’t even know they were on sale until I told them. 

The marketing for your biggest revenue generator (TV rights aside) has to consist of more than a couple of emails, surely?

Edited by Mattyblue

1 hour ago, Paul said:

My experience indicates this is incorrect. We hold two STs linked to the same email address. On June 18th we received two emails, individually addressed to the ST holder by first name, giving full details for the 2021/22 season. 

It seems surprising either the vast majority on here do not have an email address registered with the club or they have all been missed/excluded from a mass marketing email - logistically a very difficult task.

Nothing in the post but then I think the club abandoned the ST pack years ago. Whether that is a good thing or not it isn't a sudden recent change.

You'd be surprised Paul at how many people still don't use smartphones, tablets, laptops, etc and don't have an email address. I know of at least a dozen in a relatively small circle of people who either don't have email, or claim they don't know how to access it. I also know of a fair number of people who claim they haven't received emails but have - they don't realise there's a spam folder and that occasionally things end up in there for no particular reason. Surely it's not beyond the club to check details and send a mail drop to those who had a season ticket in the last 3 years and don't have a registered email address? I'm not suggesting large scale mailings like we used to get but targeted mailings wouldn't tax anyone's resources or capabilities.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paul said:

I gave last season a miss after Waggott put my ticket up by 25% and I definitely haven't had any form of communication whatsoever from the Club inviting me to renew.

They must have my e-mail address as I receive some sort of newsletter from them by e-mail and I have also received texts to my mobile encouraging me to make purchases in the past.

I have a tiscali email address ,which although 20 yrs old receives all communication.All except anything from Rovers.

Contacted Rovers and they responded that the email was undelivered, due to out of date email address.

However when I purchase tickets etc I get a confirmation of purchase.

Suggest the database for generic emails from Rovers is at fault.

Another to add to the general feeling that the incompetence is not just allied to football matters alone.

2 minutes ago, blondie said:

I have a tiscali email address ,which although 20 yrs old receives all communication.All except anything from Rovers.

Contacted Rovers and they responded that the email was undelivered, due to out of date email address.

However when I purchase tickets etc I get a confirmation of purchase.

Suggest the database for generic emails from Rovers is at fault.

Another to add to the general feeling that the incompetence is not just allied to football matters alone.

I might have the same problem as I have an ancient ntlworld e-mail address.

Doubt it though. Everyone else seems to be able to contact me via e-mail without any difficulty

12 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I might have the same problem as I have an ancient ntlworld e-mail address.

Doubt it though. Everyone else seems to be able to contact me via e-mail without any difficulty

The most comical aspect is that I contacted them from my supposed defunct email address and they responded.

• Like 1

I told them I no longer wanted to be on their mailing list a few years back when the only reply I received to a letter explaining my reasons for not buying a season ticket was 'OK. Bye  so that's why I don't get mail any more. However, nor does anyone else in my household. Its several years since we bought STs but we have been to matches since so surely, using the address they do still have, they ought to have tried to tempt us. 

In contrast, Sale Sharks had problems with their ST system and the ticket office were replying to queries from fans on FB all weekend just to try to sort peoples tickets for them. First 500 to renew got invited to the club barbecue at the training ground to meet players and staff. Inexpensive PR

• Like 1