BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets (inc. Renewal Poll)

ST Poll  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy a season ticket for 2021/22?

• Yes - no matter what
    • Yes - depending on personal circumstances
    • No - but I would if Mowbray left
    • No - but for other reasons

1 hour ago, gumboots said:

I told them I no longer wanted to be on their mailing list a few years back when the only reply I received to a letter explaining my reasons for not buying a season ticket was 'OK. Bye  so that's why I don't get mail any more. However, nor does anyone else in my household. Its several years since we bought STs but we have been to matches since so surely, using the address they do still have, they ought to have tried to tempt us. 

In contrast, Sale Sharks had problems with their ST system and the ticket office were replying to queries from fans on FB all weekend just to try to sort peoples tickets for them. First 500 to renew got invited to the club barbecue at the training ground to meet players and staff. Inexpensive PR

Amazing PR that and fair play to them.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Yeah, I renewed mine yesterday and it offered 2 options online, direct debit and card payment.

I was told earlier today that there is a premium added to the cost for paying monthly and it was a large amount and collected with the first payment. Was that the case with you?

• Backroom

Shrewsbury have given everyone that renewed last year a voucher for a free drink or food item on the concourse for every home game 

Nice touch

• Like 2

15 hours ago, roversfan99 said:
3 hours ago, gumboots said:

I told them I no longer wanted to be on their mailing list a few years back when the only reply I received to a letter explaining my reasons for not buying a season ticket was 'OK. Bye  so that's why I don't get mail any more. However, nor does anyone else in my household. Its several years since we bought STs but we have been to matches since so surely, using the address they do still have, they ought to have tried to tempt us. 

In contrast, Sale Sharks had problems with their ST system and the ticket office were replying to queries from fans on FB all weekend just to try to sort peoples tickets for them. First 500 to renew got invited to the club barbecue at the training ground to meet players and staff. Inexpensive PR

Imagine going to a bbq with a load of rugby players 😂. You'd be lucky to get t cake. 

6 hours ago, gumboots said:

The difference there is it looks like Sale are commited to growing their fanbase while Rovers seem to not be bothering or care about their lapsed fanbase.

Bolton have allocated areas that have social distancing, if people require.

I know of a few Rovers season ticket holders that would prefer some flexibility on season tickets, be it social distance seating, TV coverage, flexibility as per Covid restrictions.

The silence from Ewood is embarrassing.

Presume with projected sales of tickets, the club assume social distancing will not be a problem.

A supporter lost rarely returns.

• Like 1

On 25/07/2021 at 09:32, arbitro said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/vaccine-passports-football-matches-coming-24610700

I'm not sure which thread is the best but this one seems appropriate.

I think it's a good idea, but only if free tests are available for the 10-20% who have decided not to get vaccinated. You can easily argue that the minor inconvenience of an extra 30 mins for choosing not to get vaccinated is morally acceptable. Will also make economic sense with fewer people isolating and not attending matches/working, plus more cost effective for the NHS. People unable to be vaccinated should initially be classed as vaccinated, but encouraged to get tested.

This should allow everyone to attend and create a safe environment. Maybe more people will attend if they know their neighbours who they are rubbing shoulders with during the game are also less likely to infect them. 

Even though I'm fully vaccinated, healthy and youngish, I wouldn't want to be in the middle of the blackburn end at the moment. Would be Riverside for me like the good old days :-)

Edited by Hannoverover
  • Like 1

As a guide to the level of crowds we may now expect to see at Ewood, I am currently in my twenty first season of following Wigan Warriors. The attendances at Wigan, on the whole have been pretty good, ranging from 10k or so when we play an average to poor team with a small following to a full house of 25k, when we play St Helens on a Good Friday. The last few seasons have seen a gradual decline in numbers, for a variety of reasons but I have never experienced a sub 10k crowd, for a league game, in all that time. Friday night’s game against Wakefield (who brought 25-30 fans) drew an extremely poor crowd of 5,555. 😢

Depends how much they've done to engage with fans during lockdowns etc.  If they've done well they'll probably have lost fewer fans than if they have not bothered much and just relied on fan loyalty.  You simply can't do that nowadays. 

On 25/07/2021 at 09:24, Hannoverover said:

I think it's a good idea, but only if free tests are available for the 10-20% who have decided not to get vaccinated. You can easily argue that the minor inconvenience of an extra 30 mins for choosing not to get vaccinated is morally acceptable. Will also make economic sense with fewer people isolating and not attending matches/working, plus more cost effective for the NHS. People unable to be vaccinated should initially be classed as vaccinated, but encouraged to get tested.

This should allow everyone to attend and create a safe environment. Maybe more people will attend if they know their neighbours who they are rubbing shoulders with during the game are also less likely to infect them. 

Even though I'm fully vaccinated, healthy and youngish, I wouldn't want to be in the middle of the blackburn end at the moment. Would be Riverside for me like the good old days :-)

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Going to a football match should not require anybody to share their medical history. The more we consent the more they will take. What next, HIV status added to your ‘passport’? Mandatory flu vaccines and your status updated? Your ability to take part in society dependent on vaccination waiting lists?

Too many people have been given paid holidays through the furlough scheme, with test kits and vaccines thrown at everyone for free. What if they eventually start charging for vaccine boosters? Still ok, still moral acceptable?

Anyone who doesn’t feel safe going out in public with other human beings has the choice to stay at home. The rest of us need to get on living.

And what if someone rocks up at the football after having a positive test? Sent away? Prosecuted for biological warfare? For what, to avoid someone who has been vaccinated from having a headache?

The vaccine either works and prevents death or it doesn’t. If it doesn’t then how is it that deaths are a fraction of previous, despite the continued correlation-based 28 day rule?

Meanwhile, being vaccinated also doesn’t stop you carrying and spreading the virus so what is the point of a passport? On the basis that the only person it protects is yourself, getting one should be a matter of personal choice.

Minor inconvenience indeed.

• Like 7

I think the club might be banking on a few good loan signings before the big kick off to drive it up. The Armstrong saga does nothing to help sales though that's why it needs sorting asap.

I'm convinced though that those running the club are just drawing a wage now and don't particularly care either way.

I'm convinced that those people on the ground are just in autopilot mode now. 

Reading between the lines Venkys have either gone silent/uncontactable, which is quite possible as this seems to happen when they don't like what is happening, run out of money or don't know what to do next, or alternatively the owners have just said that there is no money whatsoever for new signings and that's the end of that. Sort the rest out yourselves.

Of course many managers - Swansea's this week - Lambert here a few years ago - would not put up with this and would walk out - but we've got Mowbray who is a different personality and who knows he and his chums won't be able to get another job certainly not with the freedom and power and a commutable drive from Teesside.

He probably still thinks that he is the right or best man for the job and that he is doing us some sort of favour being here, or that he is such a good manager that he will sort us out even without new players.

I suppose the next question is whether they need Indian approval before player sales. If so then that might explain the lack of progress on Armstrong as they will take an age to authorise it. 

• Like 1

On 25/07/2021 at 17:00, JHRover said:

I'm convinced that those people on the ground are just in autopilot mode now. 

Reading between the lines Venkys have either gone silent/uncontactable, which is quite possible as this seems to happen when they don't like what is happening, run out of money or don't know what to do next, or alternatively the owners have just said that there is no money whatsoever for new signings and that's the end of that. Sort the rest out yourselves.

Of course many managers - Swansea's this week - Lambert here a few years ago - would not put up with this and would walk out - but we've got Mowbray who is a different personality and who knows he and his chums won't be able to get another job certainly not with the freedom and power and a commutable drive from Teesside.

He probably still thinks that he is the right or best man for the job and that he is doing us some sort of favour being here, or that he is such a good manager that he will sort us out even without new players.

I suppose the next question is whether they need Indian approval before player sales. If so then that might explain the lack of progress on Armstrong as they will take an age to authorise it. 

Would be nice if the owners were turning the screws on Waggott and Mowbray to try and get them out without paying any compensation but the appointment of Mowbray's mate Park appears to run contrary to that.

On 25/07/2021 at 18:09, RevidgeBlue said:

Would be nice if the owners were turning the screws on Waggott and Mowbray to try and get them out without paying any compensation but the appointment of Mowbray's mate Park appears to run contrary to that.

The name of the new head of recruitment seems pretty appropriate. Park everything we aren’t selling or buying anyone.

On 25/07/2021 at 16:35, Stuart said:

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

I agree, lots of good and some valid points. I'm speaking as a virologist living in Germany where these passports have already been introduced. Its part of the app that you show/get scanned to gain entry. 

Going to a football match should not require anybody to share their medical history. The more we consent the more they will take. What next, HIV status added to your ‘passport’? Mandatory flu vaccines and your status updated? Your ability to take part in society dependent on vaccination waiting lists?

you are 100% correct, it shouldn't, but in an ongoing pandemic it's probably the best way to have maximum attendances. Ability to take part is dependent on being either not infected or vaccinated. I agree with the slippery slope and in theory a flu pandemic (last one was 1918) could Iin theory lead to similar actions- although hopefully not!

Too many people have been given paid holidays through the furlough scheme, with test kits and vaccines thrown at everyone for free. What if they eventually start charging for vaccine boosters? Still ok, still moral acceptable?

I doubt this would apply in the UK with the NHS.

Anyone who doesn’t feel safe going out in public with other human beings has the choice to stay at home. The rest of us need to get on living.

And what if someone rocks up at the football after having a positive test? Sent away? Prosecuted for biological warfare? For what, to avoid someone who has been vaccinated from having a headache?

I would hope after what we have learnt as a society that these questions won't even be asked. If I'm sick I don't mix with other people....

I assume you mean headache as in hassle of missing the game and going into quarantine!

The vaccine either works and prevents death or it doesn’t. If it doesn’t then how is it that deaths are a fraction of previous, despite the continued correlation-based 28 day rule?

The current vaccines are working brilliantly against the current variants. I think you are 66% less likely to become infected and roughly the same in infecting someone else. 

Meanwhile, being vaccinated also doesn’t stop you carrying and spreading the virus so what is the point of a passport? On the basis that the only person it protects is yourself, getting one should be a matter of personal choice.

Minor inconvenience indeed.

True, however if everyone is vaccinated (or approx 90% of society with SARS-CoV-2) then the chain will be broken. I agree vaccination should be a personal choice.

Scientifically it makes sense, it's just what each society and country wants to do.

Edited by Hannoverover
  • Like 1

On 25/07/2021 at 17:31, Hannoverover said:

you are 100% correct, it shouldn't, but in an ongoing pandemic it's probably the best way to have maximum attendances. Ability to take part is dependent on being either not infected or vaccinated. I agree with the slippery slope and in theory a flu pandemic (last one was 1918) could Iin theory lead to similar actions- although hopefully not!

The current vaccines are working brilliantly against the current variants. I think you are 66% less likely to become infected and roughly the same in infecting someone else. 

True, however if everyone is vaccinated (or approx 90% of society with SARS-CoV-2) then the chain will be broken. I agree vaccination should be a personal choice.

Scientifically it makes sense, it's just what each society and country wants to do.

Scientifically vaccine passports make sense?

It’s not science, it’s 100% political.

As for breaking the chain, you would need the entire world vaccinated. It’s not going to happen. So you just hand over your freedom instead? How long for? Forever?

• Like 1

On 25/07/2021 at 19:35, Stuart said:

Scientifically vaccine passports make sense?

It’s not science, it’s 100% political.

As for breaking the chain, you would need the entire world vaccinated. It’s not going to happen. So you just hand over your freedom instead? How long for? Forever?

Yes they do. If a group of people are vaccinated, the virus can't continue to circulate within the population. It's a political decision supported by science.

The UK or any segregated population of people will be fine when a certain % of people are vaccinated. Just like with polio and measles. There will be community immunity soon, followed by herd immunity when the whole UK has reached this level. The whole World is a different issue. Time scale: more like years than months, but depends on how the virus and vaccines evolve.

Giving over freedom is surely too far, it's only flashing a QR code whilst entering the turnstiles!? Unless by freedom you mean you are barred from going into crowded areas because a) you don't want to be vaccinated and b) you don't want to be tested. I suspect these measures won't be need when an area has fewer than a certain number of cases per 100 000 people. Germany uses 10 at the moment.