BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets (inc. Renewal Poll)

ST Poll  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy a season ticket for 2021/22?

• Yes - no matter what
    • Yes - depending on personal circumstances
    • No - but I would if Mowbray left
    • No - but for other reasons

On 26/07/2021 at 12:43, Hannoverover said:

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2107717

Uk based study showing that even after 1 shot of either Oxford-AZ or BioNTech-Pfizer, transmission was reduced by 40-50%. It'll be even higher after the 2nd shot.

Interesting. Needs further research though.

However, what I did find interesting was this article. Just the opening paragraph of point 1 is sufficient.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/nejm199711133372006

We are heading for a dark place. Threatening students not to be able to get an education if they don’t comply. If that isn’t duress or coercion, I’m not sure what is.

This is the largest medical research programme in history and people are not being allowed to opt out, lest they are punished.

Edited by Stuart
  • Like 2

On 26/07/2021 at 12:15, Stuart said:

Sources please, including the percentage reductions.

Also, you are right, we do live in a democratic society, where people have rights. These are being taken away so as to enforce the governments will onto the people they serve. A will that seems to change every five minutes. Vaccine passports were discussed in March in parliament, and all of the reasons against them remain valid.

Meanwhile, the long term effects of the vaccine are unknown. Everyone who has it is taking a personal risk. The younger you are, the greater that risk is. For these young people the risks may even be greater than the virus itself. We don’t know. This vaccine won’t be fully FDA approved for at least 6 months while data is gathered to ensure safety. Until then how can this be mandated? Blackmailing young people on this basis, and telling them they can’t have a social life, and even higher education, is immoral. Let’s have the safety confirmed and then it’s a different discussion.

This is a very emotive topic but we need to remain objective and be really clear about what is being asked of people and why. Right now the perceived benefits are not factual but based on a climate of fear and a government without an exit strategy who are backed into a corner, and are extorting young people into taking risks which could affect them later in life.

Lest we forget, Thalidomide was once believed to be completely safe…

That doesn't make every scientific breakthrough wrong.

Well ..i think i ve finally found out ONE of the reasons why we ve possibly only sold 3500 ST!

My son has been trying to buy a ST online today ..now that the date had passed for those to save their seat   ..but he gave up and finally rang and actually got through to the Ticket Office.

Explaining to them he wanted to try and buy a seat that he had two seasons ago he was told that the last day for ST renewals (28th July) had been SCRAPPED and extended to Monday 2nd August . The reason given was that many people had tried to renew and save their seats but couldnt either by the Online system (for some reason) or by phone (which im sure anyone who has tried to ring Rovers will know why)!

When asked could he therefore buy one on Tuesday 3rd of August ..he was told no ..they d go on General Sale on Weds 4th August. My son also asked would he have to pick up the ticket by hand at the club because of the short notice and Rovers at home on the Saturday he was told that a paper ticket would be issued because at the moment the club had no plastic ST Cards ??

Soooo a heads up anyone hoping to aquire a ST now after the so called deadline has passed for renewals ..it hasnt and you wont be able to buy until Weds 4th August.  Sorry for the long winded post ! 

• Like 7

51 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

Well ..i think i ve finally found out ONE of the reasons why we ve possibly only sold 3500 ST!

My son has been trying to buy a ST online today ..now that the date had passed for those to save their seat   ..but he gave up and finally rang and actually got through to the Ticket Office.

Explaining to them he wanted to try and buy a seat that he had two seasons ago he was told that the last day for ST renewals (28th July) had been SCRAPPED and extended to Monday 2nd August . The reason given was that many people had tried to renew and save their seats but couldnt either by the Online system (for some reason) or by phone (which im sure anyone who has tried to ring Rovers will know why)!

When asked could he therefore buy one on Tuesday 3rd of August ..he was told no ..they d go on General Sale on Weds 4th August. My son also asked would he have to pick up the ticket by hand at the club because of the short notice and Rovers at home on the Saturday he was told that a paper ticket would be issued because at the moment the club had no plastic ST Cards ??

Soooo a heads up anyone hoping to aquire a ST now after the so called deadline has passed for renewals ..it hasnt and you wont be able to buy until Weds 4th August.  Sorry for the long winded post ! 

Avoid all this stress and worry - join the boycott!

Away matches are much more fun anyway.

51 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

Don't they make such a simple process difficult. I find it incredible that clubs in our locale can shift many more than us and have a slicker operation to do so. Some fans could well be put off by such hassle and just not bother.

It's symptomatic of what Rovers have become.

6 hours ago, HowieFive0 said:

Funnily enough,  my dad rang me yesterday asking me if I could go round & renew online for him (he's 74 & a technophobe). He said he'd been ringing the club since Monday & couldn't get through.  Kept getting a message saying "we'll answer you're call as soon as possible, but we are experiencing a high number of calls" 😅

Looks like Doris must be busy trying to run the entire operation at Ewood on her own!

My dad's comment was "fucking hell, I thought I'd kept ringing old Trafford by mistake!" 🤣

• Like 2

Renewed with a heavy heart and no enthusiasm. Reflex transaction. Misguided sense of duty.

I voted that I wouldn't unless Mowbray went. But I lied. Like a shy Tory in a general election opinion poll.

Relegation season written all over it but may as well be relegated using BRFC academy products than those of other clubs. There would be some honour in that at least.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I received a postcard from Dacky and the lads through the letterbox this morning.

Better late than never but wonder why this is being done 2 days before the extended deadline for renewals.

Because even the club, didn't expect the renewal of season tickets to be as bad as it is.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I received a postcard from Dacky and the lads through the letterbox this morning.

Better late than never but wonder why this is being done 2 days before the extended deadline for renewals.

Just received mine too. 

Maybe the Postcards were late back from the printers so they had to extend the deadline ..

(yes ..i can be naive at times!)

That message from ‘Dack’ via email is so shoddy. Even the ‘handwriting style’ font can’t save it. Rushed out in panic with a week to go, shades of ‘the £10k raffle’.

Such an embarrassingly poor operation down there these days.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

I too got a 'wish you were here' holiday type postcard. The PR machine must have burnt the midnight oil thinking that one up. There was no mention of prices on the postcard neither. At one time they sent a pack out with every base covered such as direct debit forms.

• Like 1