BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets (inc. Renewal Poll)

ST Poll  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy a season ticket for 2021/22?

• Yes - no matter what
    • Yes - depending on personal circumstances
    • No - but I would if Mowbray left
    • No - but for other reasons

6 hours ago, arbitro said:

I think that's a bit unfair on the staff who are there who work hard and are helpful. Yesterday there was one girl in the ticket office dealing with the public a few days before the season starts. The problem is that a significant number of key staff are still on furlough which is undoubtedly seen as a saving by Swag. I think some of these currently on furlough will be let go once it finishes.

Its only a personal dig at the head man WAGGOT

• Like 1

There are people on social media asking Rovers to answer the phone as they’re unable to get through, another one saying he’s been on hold for 95 (!) minutes. What’s going on? Just how many obstacles are we prepared to put in front of people who might want to renew or buy a season ticket? Some would just say ‘forget it’ being made to wait that long.

Club shop shut yesterday with the first home game on Saturday, taking an age to get through on the phone to I’m guessing an understaffed ticket office.……“We’ve done all we can.”

And all this with our lowest ST sales for decades. Imagine if there was an actual demand for STs.

• Like 5

Seems that Covid, Venkys and Mowbray have created the perfect storm.

i too have renewed because, frankly, I miss my live football! 

i try to not get involved in debates about individuals within the club or matters I know little about but from some of the stuff being posted it seems that we need to expect some significant changes very soon. I may be wrong.

• Like 1

Just been down to move our season ticket seats for the season. I was surprised to get three together in the Jack Walker Upper, fairly central. In previous years these seats would have been taken. This surely suggests an historically low number sold unfortunately. The shop is open but only one staff member is serving in the Ticket office with a large queue forming. They are still on paper tickets for season ticket holders this weekend.

So just to sum up then:
 - Season tickets second to last in the Championship to be announced and put on sale, now expecting lowest sales in decades

- Club shop shut all day on Tuesday, just 4 days before the season opener at home

- New kit among the last to be unveiled and put on sale

- Rumours that no programmes are to be produced for the first time in what, a century? Only club in the Championship not bothering?

- Still no news on Millwall away tickets, with the game in 10 days time

- No news on Millwall away travel, and rumours that the Club might not even be running this unless they can guarantee numbers

- Reports that people are ringing up to buy tickets but are facing impossibly long queues and waiting times. Somehow I suspect this is a supply issue rather than demand.

- No comments from our CEO who has said barely a word this year

- No new signings of any description

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, JHRover said:

- Rumours that no programmes are to be produced for the first time in what, a century? Only club in the Championship not bothering?

Some clubs didn't produce one last season in the Championship and I believe that there are a number not producing them this season.

6 hours ago, JHRover said:

So just to sum up then:
 - Season tickets second to last in the Championship to be announced and put on sale, now expecting lowest sales in decades

- Club shop shut all day on Tuesday, just 4 days before the season opener at home

- No news on Millwall away travel, and rumours that the Club might not even be running this unless they can guarantee numbers

- Reports that people are ringing up to buy tickets but are facing impossibly long queues and waiting times. Somehow I suspect this is a supply issue rather than demand.

It's very worrying,something does not feel right.An announcement of administration around the corner?

10 minutes ago, Mum63 said:

Season tickets being sent out next week before ‘next’ home game on 21st August now unless I have read it wrong are we not at home on Tuesday against morecambe??

Do season tickets count for cup games ?

15 minutes ago, Mum63 said:

Season tickets being sent out next week before ‘next’ home game on 21st August now unless I have read it wrong are we not at home on Tuesday against morecambe??

We are at home to Morecambe on Tuesday.

You won't be using your season ticket for it though, and haven't since 2000 when we got the first two league cup games against Rochdale and Portsmouth "free" as a gesture for a rotten season the year before.

1 hour ago, Bluerover78 said:

Not counted the dots but it's going to be quiet on the terraces, hope they don't put away fans in the top tier or there will be no atmosphere at all.☹️

I do think I'd rather have no atmosphere than have the only atmosphere be generated by the away fans.

8 hours ago, JHRover said:

So just to sum up then:

Apart from that, everything's good 🙄

• Backroom

Has anyone managed to get through on the phone?

I can’t find my old season ticket so need a replacement but can’t get anyone to answer

Looks like I’ll need to have a trip down and hope someone is around 

Edit according to the recorded message early bird prices are confirmed until 2nd June so that’s good, although prices were announced later than that this year and last so it may be June 2019

Edited by Tom

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Has anyone managed to get through on the phone?

I can’t find my old season ticket so need a replacement but can’t get anyone to answer

Looks like I’ll need to have a trip down and hope someone is around 

Edit according to the recorded message early bird prices are confirmed until 2nd June so that’s good, although prices were announced later than that this year and last so it may be June 2019

I was just down to get cup tickets.

There are currently 5 staff behind the tills.

2 are printing shirts (for who I couldn't say).

1 is stood there.

1 is stood there whilst asking people if they want tickets.

If the answer is in the affirmative, he directs you to the last staff member who is dealing with the whole queue of people on his own at the only till open.

Madness.

Edited by Riverside under the drip

On 04/08/2021 at 11:46, JHRover said:

So just to sum up then:

1. We could’ve put season tickets on sale 6 months ago and there still would’ve been a huge rush this week. As I said I earlier this year - people don’t spend £500 for something they can’t use till August, many of the fans will be paying DD also.

2. Kit issues caused by suppliers and timing of previous deal ending. Don’t forget this when you’re accentuating issues to create a big picture.

3. Away tickets/travel has always been the week before. Despite the inability to get through on the phone - the website has the tickets AND transport up- https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2021/august/Ticket-news-Millwall-v-Rovers/

4. Why would you want “mealy mouthed” club spokesman/ Waggott updates? We can see with our eyes whats going on (across the leagues too). I was under the impression Steve W was unpopular?

We’re all allowed an opinion - I agree with you the club could / should be run far better than it is currently but I’m not convinced it’s as bad as you make it out.

Also if a third of the posters / fans on this website will refuse to support the club because of the current manager - what does that say about our fanbase as a whole?

6 minutes ago, JBiz said:

1. We could’ve put season tickets on sale 6 months ago and there still would’ve been a huge rush this week. As I said I earlier this year - people don’t spend £500 for something they can’t use till August, many of the fans will be paying DD also.

2. Kit issues caused by suppliers and timing of previous deal ending. Don’t forget this when you’re accentuating issues to create a big picture.

3. Away tickets/travel has always been the week before. Despite the inability to get through on the phone - the website has the tickets AND transport up- https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2021/august/Ticket-news-Millwall-v-Rovers/

4. Why would you want “mealy mouthed” club spokesman/ Waggott updates? We can see with our eyes whats going on (across the leagues too). I was under the impression Steve W was unpopular?

We’re all allowed an opinion - I agree with you the club could / should be run far better than it is currently but I’m not convinced it’s as bad as you make it out.

Also if a third of the posters / fans on this website will refuse to support the club because of the current manager - what does that say about our fanbase as a whole?

They don't like the manager !

• Like 3