BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets (inc. Renewal Poll)

ST Poll  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy a season ticket for 2021/22?

• Yes - no matter what
    • Yes - depending on personal circumstances
    • No - but I would if Mowbray left
    • No - but for other reasons

16 minutes ago, rigger said:

They don't like the manager !

Yea - I’m sure many people hated Kean but we still had 2x as many fans.

The manager is an easy excuse but I think it suggests that many of our fanbase aren’t interested unless the expectations are promotion.

The irony / catch 22 is 5000 season tickets at £400 is 2m. In our position that’s probably a player for a season or a new contract for someone.

If things ‘aren’t that bad’, why do you think that Blackburn Rovers now have fewer ST holders than third division Blackpool (!), Wigan (!!) and Bolton plus fellow Championship also rans PNE? We had double the numbers of two of those just a couple of years ago. Bolton now have double ours.

*As an aside. Away tickets have always been 3 weeks before. Week just for ST holders, two weeks on general sale. Same with travel. 

Edited by Mattyblue

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

If things ‘aren’t that bad’, why do you think that Blackburn Rovers now have fewer ST holders than third division Blackpool (!), Wigan (!!) and Bolton plus fellow Championship also rans PNE? We had double the numbers of two of those just a couple of years ago. Bolton now have double ours.

*As an aside. Away tickets have always been 3 weeks before. Week just for ST holders, two weeks on general sale. Same with travel. 

Maybe it’s because a third of the fanbase (using Brfcs) won’t support the team because of the manager?

Where as the other clubs you mention don’t have the same “failure of recent expectations”? Just a thought?

Also - I can’t ever remember anyone ever complaining that the tickets / travel aren’t available, (when they’re actually on the website) even if the process isn’t as good as it used to be.

I also hate seeing unsubstantiated rumours, as you well know. Two seconds on the website quashed the one JHR was peddling.

14 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Oh I see. Sack the fanbase!

I agree with the notion that more needs to be done to maximise the amount of people in the ground for our benefit. 

1 minute ago, MarkBRFC said:

Always the fans fault with some.

Such a weird mindset.

I never said anything was the fans fault, if a third won’t support the team because of the manager - it’s a huge issue.

The questions it raises though, how much does that lack of “support” ie turnover impact our actual chances of being successful?

Is it such a contentious question? Is there any point of separate threads if everything has to be boiled down to 3 words slogans like “blame the fans”, “just sack Tony” etc ?

2 minutes ago, JBiz said:

I never said anything was the fans fault, if a third won’t support the team because of the manager - it’s a huge issue.

So brfcs IS now representative of the wider fanbase when it helps form your argument? 😏

1 hour ago, JBiz said:

1. We could’ve put season tickets on sale 6 months ago and there still would’ve been a huge rush this week. As I said I earlier this year - people don’t spend £500 for something they can’t use till August, many of the fans will be paying DD also.

2. Kit issues caused by suppliers and timing of previous deal ending. Don’t forget this when you’re accentuating issues to create a big picture.

3. Away tickets/travel has always been the week before. Despite the inability to get through on the phone - the website has the tickets AND transport up- https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2021/august/Ticket-news-Millwall-v-Rovers/

4. Why would you want “mealy mouthed” club spokesman/ Waggott updates? We can see with our eyes whats going on (across the leagues too). I was under the impression Steve W was unpopular?

We’re all allowed an opinion - I agree with you the club could / should be run far better than it is currently but I’m not convinced it’s as bad as you make it out.

Also if a third of the posters / fans on this website will refuse to support the club because of the current manager - what does that say about our fanbase as a whole?

1. Yes we could have put them on sale much earlier. Maybe we'd have sold a few more, maybe we wouldn't. Bet we wouldn't have sold less than we have now so what's the problem? Surely a sales window of more than a month is worth a try?

2. We are always among the last to release new kits. Always. Last year, and the year before. Didn't have a pandemic or new supplier to blame then did we? The only 'big picture' here is a history of mismanagement coming home to roost.

3. Away tickets have not always been the week before. The standard timing for prices and sales is no less than 3 weeks before the day of the game.

It isn't just the current manager though is it? It is a decade of negligence, lies, lack of communication, having the piss taken, withholding fans money without their agreement etc. You might think it is the job of a true fan to accept being made a fool of by lowlife like Waggott and Venkys but I don't. Anyone who opts out of this nonsense, as I am very close to doing, has my complete understanding and respect.

10 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

So brfcs IS now representative of the wider fanbase when it helps form your argument? 😏

Three word slogan + dragging up old argument = pointless even replying 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JBiz said:

I agree with the notion that more needs to be done to maximise the amount of people in the ground for our benefit. 

The questions it raises though, how much does that lack of “support” ie turnover impact our actual chances of being successful?

Is it such a contentious question? Is there any point of separate threads if everything has to be boiled down to 3 words slogans like “blame the fans”, “just sack Tony” etc ?

Does every fanbase not contain a "hardcore" and then a considerable proportion who will attend more fleetingly and dependant on various factors, success included?

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

1. Yes we could have put them on sale much earlier. Maybe we'd have sold a few more, maybe we wouldn't. Bet we wouldn't have sold less than we have now so what's the problem? Surely a sales window of more than a month is worth a try?

2. We are always among the last to release new kits. Always. Last year, and the year before. Didn't have a pandemic or new supplier to blame then did we? The only 'big picture' here is a history of mismanagement coming home to roost.

3. Away tickets have not always been the week before. The standard timing for prices and sales is no less than 3 weeks before the day of the game.

It isn't just the current manager though is it? It is a decade of negligence, lies, lack of communication, having the piss taken, withholding fans money without their agreement etc. You might think it is the job of a true fan to accept being made a fool of by lowlife like Waggott and Venkys but I don't. Anyone who opts out of this nonsense, as I am very close to doing, has my complete understanding and respect.

1. Possibly and I think it’s beneficial to be early just not a “Scandal” if they’re in June/July

2. Again I don’t buy kits regularly so I possibly agree somewhat, no experience of ever having any issue, but there was with suppliers this season and it’s worth remembering.

3. I’m the man in the orthopaedic shoes on this one but thankfully the rumour about not having club transport was nonsense.

Just so you know, I don’t “think it is the job of a true fan to accept being made a fool of by lowlife like Waggott and Venkys but I don't.”

Equally - I don’t think the job of a “supporter” is to find every single thing they dislike about the club, manager, directors, owners and peddle it daily on a forum “for the fans”.

Its great that we get to make our own minds up on that.

47 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Maybe it’s because a third of the fanbase (using Brfcs) won’t support the team because of the manager?

Where as the other clubs you mention don’t have the same “failure of recent expectations”? Just a thought?

Also - I can’t ever remember anyone ever complaining that the tickets / travel aren’t available, (when they’re actually on the website) even if the process isn’t as good as it used to be.

I also hate seeing unsubstantiated rumours, as you well know. Two seconds on the website quashed the one JHR was peddling.

You didn't 'quash' anything I was 'peddling'

My original post was submitted yesterday. At the time of writing it there was zero information from Rovers on Millwall tickets. The information was put up this morning.

If you want to convince yourself that a whole third of the fanbase won't support the team because of the manager great. Hope you feel good about it when rattling around Ewood and the club is in terminal decline.

I prefer to think there are bigger problems here that need sorting rather than just shrug shoulders and blame fans.

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Does every fanbase not contain a "hardcore" and then a considerable proportion who will attend more fleetingly and dependant on various factors, success included?

Yes 

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

You didn't 'quash' anything I was 'peddling'

My original post was submitted yesterday. At the time of writing it there was zero information from Rovers on Millwall tickets. The information was put up this morning.

If you want to convince yourself that a whole third of the fanbase won't support the team because of the manager great. Hope you feel good about it when rattling around Ewood and the club is in terminal decline.

I prefer to think there are bigger problems here that need sorting rather than just shrug shoulders and blame fans.

Rumour you’ve heard they’re not putting away travel on.

Literally quashed.

Also can I point out to those charged with the responsibility of keeping these forums in line with the guidelines- I have in no way “blamed the fans” and I would argue that this sort of response is actually “goading”

1 minute ago, JBiz said:

Rumour you’ve heard they’re not putting away travel on.

Literally quashed.

I didn't come with that rumour. Someone else said that they were ringing around regulars to try and get 35 on before booking it. I repeated what someone else on here had said.

I said there was no information as of yesterday, which there wasn't.

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

I didn't come with that rumour. Someone else said that they were ringing around regulars to try and get 35 on before booking it. I repeated what someone else on here had said.

I said there was no information as of yesterday, which there wasn't.

Thankfully - if there was any chance of it happening, it hasn’t. Would’ve been a complete joke if the club suddenly pulled this service.

Taken on their own…

Does having an away coach on sale two weeks later than usual REALLY matter?

Does having the club shop/ticket office closed three days out of seven in the last week before KO REALLY matter?

Does scrapping the programme REALLY matter?

Does having STs on sale later than every other club REALLY impact sales?

Does the U23 head coach going matter?

Does the Head of Physiotherapy going matter?

Does the Head of European Recruitment going matter?

Does the Head of Academy Recruitment going matter?

Does going into a season with zero new signings really matter?

Is selling our lowest numbers of STs for c40 years really terminal?

On their own, a lot of those aren’t particularly ‘scandalous’ or the end of the world, but ‘in the round’ for them all to occur over one summer they point to a club that is rapidly going backwards (that’s without even mentioning Brockhall).

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 8

7 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I think that day is nearer than you think

Hopefully not. Whilst there’s a whole host of issues we can chomp on, is there a club in the entire football league that doesn’t put away travel on?

6 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Taken on their own…

Does having an away coach on sale two weeks later than usual REALLY matter?

Does having the club shop/ticket office closed three days out of seven in the last week before KO REALLY matter?

Does scrapping the programme REALLY matter?

Does having STs on sale later than every other club REALLY impact sales?

Does the U23 head coach going matter?

Does the Head of Physiotherapy going matter?

Does the Chief European Scout going matter?

Does the Head of Academy Recruitment going matter?

Does going into a season with zero new signings really matter?

Is selling our lowest numbers of STs for c40 years really terminal?

On their own, a lot of those aren’t particularly ‘scandalous’ or the end of the world, but ‘in the round’ for them all to occur over one summer they point to a club that is rapidly going backwards (that’s without even mentioning Brockhall).

Does the club having a decent income from supporters REALLY MATTER when it comes to investing in players, staff and contracts?

Does the 200m in debt because of constant mismanagement REALLY MATTER?…

I get what you’re saying MB, and I agree with the importance / worrying aspect of a few of those. In terms of turnover / debt; We’ve been close to the line even before covid, and none of that has ever been the fans fault….

I REPEAT, NONE OF THAT HAS EVER BEEN THE FANS FAULT!

When we’re thinking mindset / approach to a solution; Taking our interest and money out of the club will only make things worse, when you’ve absent (minded) owners, a few self preserving directors and also a FFP system that’s effectively designed to push smaller town teams backwards.

I’ve just received my first email from the club this year inviting me back to Ewood, plus info on purchasing a season ticket.... a whole 2 days before we start the season. Maybe they are sending emails out in alphabetical order, my surname beginning with T. Good luck Messrs. Xavier, Young and Zucchini. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JBiz said:

The irony / catch 22 is 5000 season tickets at £400 is 2m. In our position that’s probably a player for a season or a new contract for someone.

The blame for falling season tickets lie with the boardroom / club. They can't get an extra player through the door because they have lost the fanbase. 

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Hasta said:

The blame for falling season tickets lie with the boardroom / club. They can't get an extra player through the door because they have lost the fanbase. 

It falls on the shoulders of one man WAGGOT the MAGGOT

• Like 2

The biggest clue to how far current Owners have reduced morale and commitment of our fan-base will be the attendance figures for Notlob  and ourselves on Saturday. Both at home with similar cash-strapped fans, similar pandemic experience etc etc.

• Like 1