BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets (inc. Renewal Poll)

ST Poll  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy a season ticket for 2021/22?

• Yes - no matter what
    • Yes - depending on personal circumstances
    • No - but I would if Mowbray left
    • No - but for other reasons

Poor for a first game of the season but better than expected in the end today.

Dread to think of some midweek games with hardly any walk ons, a few hundred away fans and bad weather meaning loads of ST holder swerve it.

My god there'll be 4.5k in there.

About 9,400 home fans out of 10,600 for the first game of the season.

Says to me standard attendances will be 7-9,000 most weeks .

Never thought I’d see the crowds like that again at this level.

A sad indictment of a shocking decade of mismanagement.

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

and those 9.400 enjoyed a good home win and hopefully on the back of today we see a few more season tickets sold cos the players played for the shirt and club with Pride, passion and effort. 

Hope so, but history tells me we’ll sell perhaps a few hundred more, but thats your lot.

I see. Did this demographic change occur over the last 18 months? And considering a large (and increasing) percentage of our fanbase lives outside the town of Blackburn, the size of the population within municipal boundaries are increasingly meaningless as people become more transient..

We’ve never gone into a season with fewer ST holders than both those clubs ever before. And if you think it’s normal for Blackburn Rovers to sell fewer season tickets than Preston bloody North End and third division Bolton then there’s not a lot else to say.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 9

12 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I see. Did this demographic change occur over the last 18 months? And considering a large (and increasing) percentage of our fanbase lives outside the town of Blackburn, the size of the population within municipal boundaries are increasingly meaningless as people become more transient..

We’ve never gone into a season with fewer ST holders than both those clubs ever before. And if you think it’s normal for Blackburn Rovers to sell fewer season tickets than Preston bloody North End and third division Bolton then there’s not a lot else to say.

I fully agree with every word Matty.  The fact that fans are returning in great number to the Reebok , Unibol or whatever it is called illustrates the end of their problem and our continued problem….owners. 

Most fans just wish to identify with “ their club” …run honestly, transparently, and respectfully….BWFC went to the wall..misuse of money  and mismanagement was their issue…administration etc ….BUT ….they are now out of their shackles and fans stream back to support “ their club “ ….their demographic too has changed….the ground isn’t even in Bolton!! …but THEY BELIEVE in their ownership and management …HOW I WISH 

Edited by Dolly blue
  • Like 6

Over in Spain at the moment and couldn't work out how to  get the match on rovers tv - so didn't see the performance.  Sounds like how we started last season, high press, counter attacking.  It suits the players we have.

A young team, giving their all for the shirt I am well on board with.  

However, once the loans/signings arrived last season and the season before, Mowbray reverted back to the 'experienced' players and his possession football,  which bores me senseless.

Call me fickle if you will but If we get yesterday's brand of football this season, I would be tempted to buy a ST.  But if, as likely, it reverts back to the possession based rubbish when a few bodies arrive, not a chance. 

End of the transfer window will be interesting.

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Dolly blue said:

I fully agree with every word Matty.  The fact that fans are returning in great number to the Reebok , Unibol or whatever it is called illustrates the end of their problem and our continued problem….owners. 

Most fans just wish to identify with “ their club” …run honestly, transparently, and respectfully….BWFC went to the wall..misuse of money  and mismanagement was their issue…administration etc ….BUT ….they are now out of their shackles and fans stream back to support “ their club “ ….their demographic too has changed….the ground isn’t even in Bolton!! …but THEY BELIEVE in their ownership and management …HOW I WISH 

It's been ten years of decline in terms of fans ebbing away from the club. At some point it has to be understood that the club and the way it is run is the core issue here. If it was an issue with fickle fans it would have levelled out long ago, because it's not like anybody has been following Rovers for fun or glory in the last ten years. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

It may only have been around 9000 Rovers fans yesterday but they fully got behind the team and were treated to a battling display from the young (and older) lads on the pitch.

COYB

Agreed, was pleasantly surprised at the atmosphere yesterday and actually can't wait for the next league game now 💙🤍

On 07/08/2021 at 22:33, Mattyblue said:

Your point about a large portion of the fan base living outside of Blackburn has been the case for 25+ years. I don't think it's a new feature.

Prior to Jack's involvement I'd leave home at 2.30/35 to get to the ground for KO to travel 5 miles to Ewood. In the heady days of the '90s/00s we had to leave at 2.00. It wasn't unknown to be in a jam from the Houghton roundabout and even to divert on to the Bolton road and get in via Tockholes.

Saturday we left at 2.35, didn't see a fan walking down LBR until we passed the Brown Cow, in the ground just before 3.00.

Walking out of the DE car park all we could hear was Swansea fans singing. I feared a terrible home crowd. Given everything which is/has happened I was pleasantly surprised by the numbers on Saturday.

It only took 10 seconds for the emotion of being back at Ewood to hit me. Prior to that I'd no idea how I would feel. It would have been too easy just to pack it all in.

Edited by Paul
  • Like 2

Just now, Paul said:

Your point about a large portion of the fan base living outside of Blackburn has been the case for 25+ years. I don't think it's a new feature.

Exactly, so Preston and Bolton being bigger towns has been moot for years, as we have a geographic spread across Lancashire, though I imagine the percentage of the database that has RIbble Valley and PR postcode addresses has never been larger than it is right now with the rapid demographic change of the last 10 years within the town itself.

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

Exactly, so Preston and Bolton being bigger towns has been moot for years, as we have a geographic spread across Lancashire, though I imagine the percentage of the database that has RIbble Valley and PR postcode addresses has never been larger than it is right now with the rapid demographic change of the last 10 years within the town itself.

I don't feel it has anything to do with town size etc. These are very old rivalries which simply don't truly exist for the vast majority of modern supporters. I couldn't give two hoots about whose town is bigger, better or whatever.

We live almost equidistant between Ewood, Deepdale and the Reebok. PNE is a bit further and certainly more difficult to get to. I know people who support all three clubs so I imagine each club has a similar number of fans traveling from outside the local area.

It's a very difficult question for fans to answer but observation suggests many supporters no longer live in their team's town.

The DE car park was almost full on Saturday.

I’m not arsed either, couldn’t care less about either of those two.

We are in agreement, because judging club’s size on the town itself is no longer relevant in a transient society… ergo T’other Paul stating we should expect smaller sales (though we never have before this summer) than the two examples, merely because the borders of the town of Bolton contains more people than Blackburn was an outdated notion.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1