BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets (inc. Renewal Poll)

ST Poll  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy a season ticket for 2021/22?

• Yes - no matter what
    • Yes - depending on personal circumstances
    • No - but I would if Mowbray left
    • No - but for other reasons

9 hours ago, EgyptianPete said:

I didn't change seats but got sent the new card, but just in case i'm taking last seasons card as well on Saturday.

Exactly what happened to me today ...last seasons card worked against Swansea ...Like you I will be taking both cards Saturday..

• Backroom

No new card for me yet even though I requested one - there is a glaring inconsistency with tickets.

Like I was told my 5 year old would be £60 to renew in the family stand yet some got a free under 8 ticket still 

11 hours ago, arbitro said:

My granddaughters card has just been delivered with a covering letter signed by 'Ticket Office'. Surely they could have put Waggotts signature on it as the Chief Executive of the club to show gratitude for actually buying one. It's the little things that matter and things like that irritate me.

FOW

Everybody from  manager  through upper office and to the ownership each has their own way of avoiding any accountability at Ewood.

It's like an art form they've mastered over the last ten years.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

• Backroom

Rang and got a temporary solution sorted for tomorrow 

Full credit to the lady at the ticket office who are obviously having a tough time at the moment, I wasn’t added to the replacement list but have a digital ticket on my phone for tomorrow 

they haven't even sorted out the season tickets for those in corporate hospitality... in Jack's Kitchen tomorrow and collecting tickets as they still haven't managed to arrange them 🤨 I know from someone within the club that discontentment amongst the staff is rife in terms of unreasonable work loads - it would maybe explain the rather scattergun nature of the situation with season tickets.

Mine didn't arrive through the post but I went down to the Club Shop this afternoon and the guy there very helpfully printed a new card off.

For the avoidance of doubt I didn't have a ST last season when we couldn't attend after Waggott put prices in the Riverside up 25% but I couldn't find my card from 2 seasons ago.

It may be my old card would have worked but the issue is the Club couldn't even do the simplest of things and come out with a definitive statement, either

Everyone will be getting new cards

or

If you already have a card, they will work, please use those.

58 minutes ago, JWU-Andy said:

they haven't even sorted out the season tickets for those in corporate hospitality... in Jack's Kitchen tomorrow and collecting tickets as they still haven't managed to arrange them 🤨 I know from someone within the club that discontentment amongst the staff is rife in terms of unreasonable work loads - it would maybe explain the rather scattergun nature of the situation with season tickets.

Problem is as always we've left everything to the very last minute.

As a lot of staff have been on furlough it surely wasn't that difficult to predict that we would have needed to do everything a lot earlier this year or it would cause major problems.

1 hour ago, JWU-Andy said:

How much is JKs these days?

With gate fee at 32 might be a viable alternative,  get me dinner too. There's no price on the website...surprise surprise 🙄

• Backroom

My uncle was in hospitality today, apparently it was a nightmare trying to get hold of anyone to book it

What’s the deal with using the top tier for Swansea to stifle the atmosphere yet when West Brom bring more we start them off in the bottom tier.

Either it’s tactical or greed, pick one!

On 21/08/2021 at 18:03, Tom said:

My uncle was in hospitality today, apparently it was a nightmare trying to get hold of anyone to book it

What’s the deal with using the top tier for Swansea to stifle the atmosphere yet when West Brom bring more we start them off in the bottom tier.

Either it’s tactical or greed, pick one!

I think the 'logic' behind this decision is that they will put the smaller followings upstairs but then when they expect big numbers - (3000+) - then they set off with them in the bottom tier on the basis that they can sell up to 5000 without needing to open the other tier.

So there is some logic in that. Although once again due to misreading things and also daft prices the mighty WBA following was instead about 2200 rather than the droves they were probably hoping for.

I was long a supporter of sticking away fans upstairs - my logic for that was to be able to charge certain clubs high prices whilst avoiding doing the same to our own supporters - making the upper tiers a higher pricing bracket would enable that.

But charging the same as the lower tier I just don't see any benefit to us of putting them out of the way.

As far as I am concerned if they aren't opening the upper tier of the BBE to home fans then they shouldn't be for away fans in the DE.

The vast majority of clubs - even Mowbray's fabled giants such as Bristol City, Forest and Derby - won't bring over a couple of thousand at the most. So stick them downstairs in the Riverside corner and at least try to have some sort of atmosphere around the place.

It is like a morgue and a large part of it is due to the Club's own actions in moving people around, shutting areas down, making no effort to grow a singing area and sticking away fans as far away as possible.

17 minutes ago, JHRover said:

It is like a morgue and a large part of it is due to the Club's own actions in moving people around, shutting areas down, making no effort to grow a singing area and sticking away fans as far away as possible.

People would come if the football was worth watching at the right price. The singing would take care if itself once the first bit is sorted. I'm a fan of having the away fans miles away from their team.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

where would a singing area go? and haven't we already sort of got this in Blackburn End top NO1 area? I sit in NO2 area of Blackburn End and for me there is plenty of cheering, encouraging, singing from Blackburn End to the players and some what to Mowbray. 

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Bristol City, Forest and Derby - won't bring over a couple of thousand at the most. So stick them downstairs in the Riverside corner and at least try to have some sort of atmosphere around the place.

So close the Darwen End then? 

27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

where would a singing area go? and haven't we already sort of got this in Blackburn End top NO1 area? I sit in NO2 area of Blackburn End and for me there is plenty of cheering, encouraging, singing from Blackburn End to the players and some what to Mowbray. 

So close the Darwen End then? 

I think he means the away fans are in the Darwen end, in the area nearest to the Riverside. I think that a singing section should be combined with safe standing, on the Blackburn end, probably NO1.   

Edited by rigger

Seems this season there's going to be about 9,600 home fans as a 'given'.

Nobody look me in the eye and tell me there wouldn't have been another 2 thousand or so on including away fans at Swansea prices. That's how works in Blackburn after a few wins and the tails are up.

Instead of trying to get people in and behind this young side they seem to prefer as few as possible at the highest prices.

Very very odd way to go about things even if you are just a balance sheet man. If we'd lost at Millwall and Forest they'd have struggled to get 7k in there.

Buffoons.

• Like 1

Yep, I would imagine this season will see 9,500-ish home fans most weeks.

2019/20 was usually around 11.5/12k.

So that’s another 2,000+ fans down each week, which mirrors the 2k or so lost ST holders (I assume we’ve sold around 6,500).

I thought we’d hit our ‘floor’ with 8,500 ST holders, so Christ knows what it is now.

Edited by Mattyblue

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Yep, I would imagine this season will see 9,500-ish home fans most weeks.

2019/20 was usually around 11.5/12k.

So that’s another 2,000+ fans down each week, which mirrors the 2k or so lost ST holders (I assume we’ve sold around 6,500).

I thought we’d hit our ‘floor’ with 8,500 ST holders, so Christ knows what it is now.

You think that we are going to attract 3000 walk-ons. I would doubt that very much. Wait till the really shit weather gets here.

31 minutes ago, rigger said:

You think that we are going to attract 3000 walk-ons. I would doubt that very much. Wait till the really shit weather gets here.

No, 3,000 or so tickets will be ‘issued’, I.e a load of complementaries in that figure who get counted if they turn up or not. I doubt we’ll be selling that many week to week.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1