BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Huddersfield Town (h) Sat 24.4.21

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

it`ll be quiet at ewood next year,i`ll turn up to give mowbray his well earned criticism but im`e expecting crowds of 8/9 thousand🤔

After the novelty of going again has worn off I reckon 7,000.

Bit like the pubs festive/bank holiday drinkers are out in force but they’ll drop off once the novelty of their twice annual pint wears off. 

• Like 2

Buckley has been very poor since coming on. In fact he hasn't been very good since he got inexplicably dropped when he finally started playing well.

It's almost as if dropping in form players to play with your tombola demoralises them.....

• Like 3

Just now, roverandout said:

Just imagine if Chris wilder was appointed with the potential of these players? What a difference next season could be

He'd still have to find a target man, a poacher and a couple of good centre halves. Everything is there to be built on though, just image half those additions to the squad. Coupled with organization, clarity and drive, everybody knowing their jobs ?

Basically everything that is missing under Mowbray in favour of development and possession.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

it`ll be quiet at ewood next year,i`ll turn up to give mowbray his well earned criticism but im`e expecting crowds of 8/9 thousand🤔

Back when i first started supporting Rovers back in 88/89 crowds  were averaging just under under 9k and i can see similar next season if the Teesside Tit is still in charge.

Huddersfield have been absolutely terrible. But also what played into our hands is they played 4 at the back which we always do much much better against than three. And honestly not having Douglas in the team makes a huge difference. He's just so weak defensively and no pace. Bell has his faults but he at least has recovery pace.

I would really love to see a breakdown of our wins and losses against 4 and 3 at the back. I really think when you look at it we will have had a playoff season against back 4s but a relegation season against back 3s. 

Maybe I'll just sit down and work it out by scrolling through whoscored, if no one has a way to figure it out from a website or something?

2 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

Back when i first started supporting Rovers back in 88/89 crowds  were averaging just under under 9k and i can see similar next season if the Teesside Tit is still in charge.

it was a lot more exciting under mackay though,we played some excellent stuff and he did`nt have  much money to spend either

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Huddersfield have been terrible but some of our football has been really good. Players actually looking up and finding chances for other players.

Really is impossible to enjoy it though.

What might have been with a manager who could get this kind of performance out of these players.

I don't think it's a coincidence that we play better when Brereton is on the field (and Elliot isn't). 

• Like 4

Arma played really well. First time in months, probably this year.

Brereton played really well. Great work rate.

Both lively today like early in the season... although the opposition was really really poor.

That Harwood Bellis lad is going to have a good career. He is far better than Tosin. Class player.

Evans quietly and effectively ran midfield today. Good display.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I don't think it's a coincidence that we play better when Brereton is on the field (and Elliot isn't). 

Interesting take. Not sure many would agree! Brereton is inconsistent,at best. Elliott's assists and goals speak for themselves 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1