Jump to content

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, tomphil said:

A lot of teams just seem to switch off this time of year, job done. Disgraceful really but always been the case i suppose. It's amazing though how we just suddenly seem to switch on.

There's no motivation here for promotion or top 6 it's like they all just accept it. Then suddenly it's out of sight, there's no pressure, hols to look forward to and moves / contracts to be earned.

I agree with this, and this is why no one can say the players aren’t motivated to win, the manager doesn’t care/ isn’t motivated, etc.

Even though nothing was at stake, Rovers played well, for the most part, vs a poor side. But I understand that doesn’t mean they will vs Rotherham. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MOWBRAY OUT

Just seen Scott Wharton's dad down at Clitheroe CC. Ahead of schedule, surgeon happy, should be ready for the new season...some promising news.

Whoosh....

Posted Images

2 hours ago, WacoRover said:

I agree with this, and this is why no one can say the players aren’t motivated to win, the manager doesn’t care/ isn’t motivated, etc.

Even though nothing was at stake, Rovers played well, for the most part, vs a poor side. But I understand that doesn’t mean they will vs Rotherham. 

Hate to say but Burnley have the mentality that is missing here. They struggle like mad at times in the Prem, a tiny club out of their depth. But...they have Dyche a manager with a rank style of football but who knows how to rinse every drop out of what he has.

Every season at this time of year they start pulling out the results that gives them another season in the land of milk and honey. Our lot with that manager can't even find the mental strength to even visit the top 6 never mind stay in contention with it.

Every season it happens at Burnley and they hit their target. Every season it happens here after we've missed ours. It's all wrong but Shaun Dyche IS Burnley FC but Blackburn Rovers are Tony Mowbray.  Too casual by too far.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Hate to say but Burnley have the mentality that is missing here. They struggle like mad at times in the Prem, a tiny club out of their depth. But...they have Dyche a manager with a rank style of football but who knows how to rinse every drop out of what he has.

Every season at this time of year they start pulling out the results that gives them another season in the land of milk and honey. Our lot with that manager can't even find the mental strength to even visit the top 6 never mind stay in contention with it.

Every season it happens at Burnley and they hit their target. Every season it happens here after we've missed ours. It's all wrong but Shaun Dyche IS Burnley FC but Blackburn Rovers are Tony Mowbray.  Too casual by too far.

Dyche gets a ban average squad punching above their weight. Top Manager in that situation

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/04/2021 at 18:11, jim mk2 said:

Just seen the highlights. There was little merit in the win as Huddersfield were clearly on their holidays. There's so many reasons to be fearful for next season. 

Nice to win but rather empty given our league position and form and the fact some of our better performers likely won't stay next year.

Moreover, Huddersfield's risk taking at the back, with lack of numbers getting back seemed reminiscent of our defending in recent times. Their goalie was at fault for a few.

Hopefully, we may be approaching a settled side with Rothwell (who got an assist with a right footed corner) playing in an attacking mid role, covered by Travis and one other.

I would keep Bell in the team. His confidence is likely low given his being left out so often and he was weak for their first goal but he at least has pace compared to Douglas.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

I would keep Bell in the team. His confidence is likely low given his being left out so often and he was weak for their first goal but he at least has pace compared to Douglas.

Blimey, League 1 player at best. A few like him in the team and a relegation struggle next season is odds-on.

Watch Bell for that first goal - beaten on the inside and the outside and couldn't get a tackle in. He's better going forward than Douglas but unable to cross a decent ball.

Sell. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Blimey, League 1 player at best. A few like him in the team and a relegation struggle next season is odds-on.

Watch Bell for that first goal - beaten on the inside and the outside and couldn't get a tackle in. He's better going forward than Douglas but unable to cross a decent ball.

Sell. 

Contract ends June 2021.

Give away.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.