BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Rotherham

Last chance saloon for the Millers after a poor run - their games in hand are disappearing without wins and a home match against us is must win time with a 4 point gap.

I'm glad we are safe because going there under pressure would not be pleasant.

Who knows how it might go. We've tended to struggle there against their physicality and set piece threat and I think they'll want it more than us given their position. At the same time they're in poor form and might have run their race, whereas we are hitting our dead rubber good run to gloss over an abysmal season so we could easily hammer them 2 or 3 nil and further rehabilitate Mowbray's status.

Edited by JHRover

Bizarre. A noticeable regression across the season, finishing with less points and much further down the table than last season and miles away from the target wont make a difference to the security of our underperforming manager, due to the disinterest of our negligent owners. Finishing 14th, 16th or 18th wont make any difference at all to Mowbrays future. If it was based on logic, a regression would be impossible to avoid regardless of these 2 games so he would be going, as it is, they dont care so he will be staying regardless.

I could understand if these last 2 ultimately unimportant games were make or break to Mowbrays future, or even if the attitude of people was disinterest, that I totally get, but I dont at all understand actively wanting us to lose in this situation when it wont change that either way.

If you start thinking about "Mowbrays end of season gloss" then I think you are losing track of the purpose of our matches, unless there is a sense of delusion that these next 2 games could or will even make a slight difference to his future.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Last chance saloon for the Millers after a poor run - their games in hand are disappearing without wins and a home match against us is must win time with a 4 point gap.

I'm glad we are virtually safe because going there under pressure would not be pleasant.

Who knows how it might go. We've tended to struggle there against their physicality and set piece threat and I think they'll want it more than us given their position. At the same time they're in poor form and might have run their race, whereas we are hitting our dead rubber good run to gloss over an abysmal season so we could easily hammer them 2 or 3 nil and further rehabilitate Mowbray's status.

They’ve lost at lost of those games 1-0 and they’ve never given up. We’ll need to be ready for a battle on Saturday.

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Bizarre. A noticeable regression across the season, finishing with less points and much further down the table than last season and miles away from the target wont make a difference to the security of our underperforming manager, due to the disinterest of our negligent owners. Finishing 14th, 16th or 18th wont make any difference at all to Mowbrays future. If it was based on logic, a regression would be impossible to avoid regardless of these 2 games so he would be going, as it is, they dont care so he will be staying regardless.

I could understand if these last 2 ultimately unimportant games were make or break to Mowbrays future, or even if the attitude of people was disinterest, that I totally get, but I dont at all understand actively wanting us to lose in this situation when it wont change that either way.

If you start thinking about "Mowbrays end of season gloss" then I think you are losing track of the purpose of our matches, unless there is a sense of delusion that these next 2 games could or will even make a slight difference to his future.

Honestly, who knows what motivates them to make a change? You don't. I don't.  They could base it on league position, couldn't they? Very plausible.  Winning certainly won't, losing is more likely to. Simple as that really.  Anyway, we are safe, so really, who cares at this stage?  What do you mean by "purpose of our matches" anyway? The purpose is now over. We are safe. There is no further purpose. 

That being said. If we we were going here under pressure needing a win, we would struggle, with the pressure off these bunch of pathetic "professionals" will play without shackles and beat them 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Honestly, who knows what motivates them to make a change? You don't. I don't.  They could base it on league position, couldn't they? Very plausible.  Winning certainly won't, losing is more likely to. Simple as that really.  Anyway, we are safe, so really, who cares at this stage?  What do you mean by "purpose of our matches" anyway? The purpose is now over. We are safe. There is no further purpose. 

That being said. If we we were going here under pressure needing a win, we would struggle, with the pressure off these bunch of pathetic "professionals" will play without shackles and beat them 

If they was to base it on league position, the fact that we aimed for 6th, finished last season in 11th and cant finish higher than 12th this season with at least 4 points left suggests that if it was based on league position, he would be out of a job by now.

I get if you had said that you couldnt give a shit, less so that you actively want us to lose. Had there been a shred of evidence or a shred of a suggestion that losing these 2 games would make a slight difference, then id understand.

Im not even sure if its about their lack of professionalism. There is a lack of ability on the pitch and we are solely lacking in the dugout, hence why in the equally meaningless game prior, we lost to second bottom.

35 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

My reason for not minding a Rotherham win, is that if we are to face a relegation battle next season. I would prefer Rotherham to be involved in it than Derby.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If they was to base it on league position, the fact that we aimed for 6th, finished last season in 11th and cant finish higher than 12th this season with at least 4 points left suggests that if it was based on league position, he would be out of a job by now.

I get if you had said that you couldnt give a shit, less so that you actively want us to lose. Had there been a shred of evidence or a shred of a suggestion that losing these 2 games would make a slight difference, then id understand.

Im not even sure if its about their lack of professionalism. There is a lack of ability on the pitch and we are solely lacking in the dugout, hence why in the equally meaningless game prior, we lost to second bottom.

I don't give a shit, but I would also like Derby to go down. So this particular game a win for us isn't really going to do anything other than give Mowbray ammunition to spout more garbage and fans to U-turn and say a corner has being turned. 

What good will a win for us do here? The higher up the table we are, the more scope Mowbray has to spin. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 3

A stroll in the park as Mowbray lets the boys off the leash again and another 50 changes makes no difference. They actually look like they are enjoying themselves now and why wouldn't they. Doddle this BRFC number.

Rovers  4   Millers   1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I'm going rogue here  

I want Rotherham to win. I want Derby to go down and Mowbray doesn't deserve any pointless end of season gloss. 

I don't even feel guilty 

Having said that we will probably beat them 4-0 

💯 Agree with each paragraph there.

l'll be sticking £10 on a Rovers/Derby/Forest treble hoping to reverse psychology positive results for Rotherham and Sheffield Wednesday... and awful results for Derby and Mowbray.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I don't give a shit, but I would also like Derby to go down. So this particular game a win for us isn't really going to do anything other than give Mowbray ammunition to spout more garbage and fans to U-turn and say a corner has being turned. 

What good will a win for us do here? The higher up the table we are, the more scope Mowbray has to spin. 

I do sort of understand again that it is a symptom of the universal frustration regarding the manager staying in his position but it seems backwards that if we was to win, that the managers post match interview would be your first thought. If that is so key to your thought process, it is easier to avoid even than the result.

It might be one of them things where if you saw the score (presuming you wont be watching) that if Rovers have won, you instinctly will be happy.

Like I said, I totally get the disinterested/apathy aspect of it. Although you probably do a bit, hence creating a thread on the subject and you will check the score. I just dont get actively wanting a defeat baring in mind that Mowbray has already guaranteed objective regression and a massive failure to reach his objectives, therefore even if Venkys (for once) acted logically then his exit would already be sorted. If you genuinely believe the last 2 games and quite how far off expectations/even last season we finish could in any way make a difference for Mowbray to "spin" anything then I fear its beyond baseless hope.

If the question was would we hope for a defeat if it meant that Mowbray will go, then of course, a different question.

The Derby thing I do get a bit if you want a certain team relegated, personally I dont have any real opinion positive or negative on Derby or Rotherham.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I'm going rogue here  

I want Rotherham to win. I want Derby to go down and Mowbray doesn't deserve any pointless end of season gloss. 

I don't even feel guilty 

I'm firmly with you on this. 

I would also prefer Derby to go down and no further gloss on Mowbrays CV is ok by me.

If a win or league position doesn't matter to Mowbray who 'owns' the Club then Rotherham are welcome to it. 

I will just ignore the Freud's who will over analysis in desperation to justify their own stance - which I absolutely do not give a flying one about.

Rotherham have lost more games 1-0 this season than anyone else in the Championship, or was it the whole EFL, or so I heard on TV.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I'm going rogue here  

I don't even feel guilty 

Yup, would love Derby to go down. Had enough of their bending the rules (32Red, Rooney wages not counted to FFP as a player/coach, selling the stadium etc), plus all that Frank Lampard's, and now Wayne Rooney's Derby. I'd happily take a defeat in the current circumstances, particularly as a win would give TM his traditional meaningless 'dead rubber' victories at the end of the season and have his fanclub back on board. It then all starts full circle (aiming for playoffs, slow builds,) only to achieve fck all yet again.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I do sort of understand again that it is a symptom of the universal frustration regarding the manager staying in his position but it seems backwards that if we was to win, that the managers post match interview would be your first thought. If that is so key to your thought process, it is easier to avoid even than the result.

It might be one of them things where if you saw the score (presuming you wont be watching) that if Rovers have won, you instinctly will be happy.

Like I said, I totally get the disinterested/apathy aspect of it. Although you probably do a bit, hence creating a thread on the subject and you will check the score. I just dont get actively wanting a defeat baring in mind that Mowbray has already guaranteed objective regression and a massive failure to reach his objectives, therefore even if Venkys (for once) acted logically then his exit would already be sorted. If you genuinely believe the last 2 games and quite how far off expectations/even last season we finish could in any way make a difference for Mowbray to "spin" anything then I fear its beyond baseless hope.

If the question was would we hope for a defeat if it meant that Mowbray will go, then of course, a different question.

The Derby thing I do get a bit if you want a certain team relegated, personally I dont have any real opinion positive or negative on Derby or Rotherham.

I find a lot of what you say contradictory. I think you're confused and I wouldn't blame you after this season. 

Its not just about his post match interview, which I actually never mentioned. It's the general narrative he will be able to spin the higher we finish. 

Long response without clarity. I'll go again,  what benefit do we get from winning this beyond you speculating people might be happy if they check the score? Simple question. 

The general consensus, of which one is often hard to find is that a review will take place at the end of the season. Higher position good for Mowbray, lower position bad. Pretty simple really. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I'm firmly with you on this. 

I would also prefer Derby to go down and no further gloss on Mowbrays CV is ok by me.

If a win or league position doesn't matter to Mowbray who 'owns' the Club then Rotherham are welcome to it. 

I will just ignore the Freud's who will over analysis in desperation to justify their own stance - which I absolutely do not give a flying one about.

Rotherham have lost more games 1-0 this season than anyone else in the Championship, or was it the whole EFL, or so I heard on TV.

Nicely put 😂👍

• Like 1

The last few weeks has obviously caught up with them, 9 games in less than a month, when it’s been a fairly quiet period for the rest of the league. 

Can certainly see one of those fly out of the traps performances that we seem to pull out the bag every now and then.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

I reckon a comfortable win. Be a cracking game to blood some young lads but I can’t see it.

This.

If you are so hell bent on developing as is the line he keeps trotting out then why not take the opportunities these dead rubbers present ?  They could be forgiven then for saying the result doesn't matter too much. The last 18 months have been treated like one big experiment on the pitch anyway. Why not get right down to the bones of it for once.

Should be an entire team of youth in their correct positions wherever possible, no excuses. However it'll be the same old approach putting old pros, favs and loanees first.  

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Meesh said:

I think this is the first match day that Rotherham could be mathetically relegated. If Derby win and Rotherham lose, then the season is done and dusted, so it's truly do or die for Rotherham. It'll be an interesting watch.

I think we should play our best team but unfortunately Mowbray needs a few more years to find out what that is!