Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For me, after the play off dream disappeared post Christmas, the only thing I cared about was finishing above Preston. When we beat them 3-0 at their place we demonstrated how superior we should be to

23 points off the top 6. Get out Mowbray, you fraud.

I'm going rogue here   I want Rotherham to win. I want Derby to go down and Mowbray doesn't deserve any pointless end of season gloss.  I don't even feel guilty  Having said that we wil

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Better run club than us simple as that.

Not better funded, not really better players, no youth set up like ours, not as good facilities.

Just better run and better managed and better motivated, it really is pathetic that's still the case.

And they had four years in League One.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Stuart said:

And they had four years in League One.

And since Mowbray's been here we remain 4 seasons behind them.

I don't think anything highlights the sheer illusion of progress under him than this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, tomphil said:

And since Mowbray's been here we remain 4 seasons behind them.

I don't think anything highlights the sheer illusion of progress under him than this.

Maybe 3 wins in 20 games and still having the confidence of the owners, the backing of the CEO, and an approving hardcore of fans?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously, I’m just ready for this season to end. I know we’ve had some heartaches and missed opportunities, to go with the injuries, but we’ve also had many failures, from the manager to the players on the field.

We have six, 0-1 losses... in 2021 alone.
I can think of six games easily, that we could’ve pulled 12 points from, 3 wins & 3 ties, today should’ve been 3. Missed opportunities (yes, I know every team can say the same). 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Think the fact we started to time waste with 20 minutes to go only 1-0 up against bottom of the league sums up the whole season. Absolutely clueless manager and team.

Hope Johnson doesn't get a new contract, the bloke looks lost on the pitch every game he plays. He's absolutely past it.

Bell had a better game than usual going forward, but still looked awful in defence.

Travis looked way better than he has recently.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

Seriously, I’m just ready for this season to end. I know we’ve had some heartaches and missed opportunities, to go with the injuries, but we’ve also had many failures, from the manager to the players on the field.

Thing is, there are always some failings from the players on the field. I'm struggling to think of a season with this many failings from a manager, and with him correcting zero, or close to, of them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Mowbray’s interview - zzzzzzzzzz - Holtby is leaving.

Did you read it or listen? Where did you get it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Better run club than us simple as that.

Not better funded, not really better players, no youth set up like ours, not as good facilities.

Just better run and better managed and better motivated, it really is pathetic that's still the case.

William Hill now have Ainsworth 1/2 for PNE job, nearest challanger McAvoy 8/1 - looks nailed on.

Can't help thinking we will be at opposite ends of the league table next season.

Gutted

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, perthblue02 said:

If Rotherham sneek an equaliser, its double the chance Derby will go down.  All for that 🙂

If it doubles the chance TM gets his walking papers...all for that 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

Seriously, I’m just ready for this season to end. I know we’ve had some heartaches and missed opportunities, to go with the injuries, but we’ve also had many failures, from the manager to the players on the field.

We have six, 0-1 losses... in 2021 alone.
I can think of six games easily, that we could’ve pulled 12 points from, 3 wins & 3 ties, today should’ve been 3. Missed opportunities (yes, I know every team can say the same). 

I can't imagine there are many Rovers fans who don't want the season to end. I'd be happy if today was the last game to be honest.

Mowbray needs to be binned ASAP after the last game. Its going to be rough going trying to galvanise fans into coming back to Ewood.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

William Hill now have Ainsworth 1/2 for PNE job, nearest challanger McAvoy 8/1 - looks nailed on.

Can't help thinking we will be at opposite ends of the league table next season.

Gutted

There'll be daylight between them and us next season.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Be interested to see who thinks he will be here next season. Signs seem to be that he is going to stay until pushed which is a shame. The owners basically only need convincing from the man himself as fans can't let their feelings be known which complicates the whole thing and makes it all the more frustrating.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Another game in which we were simply not good enough in attacking positions, whilst defensively, in the main we were fine but we often look ok yet seldom keep clean sheets, we always tend to concede one.

Again the focus is on Armstrong who was foiled twice by their keeper with one on ones that he shouldnt have given the keeper a chance with, following an excellent goal all of his own making. I dont think his biggest problem is necessarily greed/selfishness, I think that theory really bubbled up after that solitary game v Bristol City, I think his pace and anticipation make him probably better than any striker in the division at being in positions to get good chances, none of todays are ones that he should have passed, his issue which may prevent him from being a Premier League player is that he is not ruthless enough by any means, give him 3 one on ones and he will likely put one away, give Pukki or Toney the same amount and they may put 2 away.

The problem I have is whilst in isolation, the criticism of Armstrongs misses are very valid, you have to take a step back and say that a 25 goal striker in reality should walk our player of the season award, 100%. He could have had many more, but then again, is it reasonable to expect him to be getting 30, 35, 40 goals just to get us competitive? The supporting cast simply do nowhere near enough and I fear once we are more reliant on them next season, it will lead to serious trouble at the bottom. You also take Elliott away, who in a brief cameo played a superb pass after some lovely footwork, a player who sets up goals, and it doesnt leave much with Dack a long way from fitness.

Rothwell again caught the eye trying to run at defenders, but again, there is nothing at the end of it. Near the start, he beat one and two easily, then just ran into someone. His first shot sliced horribly wide, his second blazed over, his third dragged wide, not even giving the goalkeeper anything to do. Brereton at times looked bright, but again, his first shot sliced horribly wide, and a really good chance in the second half, just no composure at all to even get it anywhere near, thats why he cant play as a 9. Gallagher meanwhile was invisible.

Travis was the biggest positive for me, back to his best. Johnson was average, Bell was as good as I can ever remember, he still allowed his winger in behind too often but he just seemed far less laid back, he had more purpose both ways, this shouldnt trick us into giving him another year but credit where its due, much better. Nyambe started off shaky but improved and helped to stop a goal after they had gotten in behind Bell, and Kaminski spilled it in his own box. Kaminski also had big question marks over the goal, not his best day at the office. Lenihan occasionally rash but fine, Harwood Bellis has been really good and I think I would like him back although I suppose even with him we still concede goals.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Mowbray’s interview - zzzzzzzzzz - Holtby is leaving.

That's reasonable news. Holtby has talent, but his consistency and availability have been serious drawbacks, and I doubt he has been cheap. It was a gamble worth taking but it hasn't really paid off.

The bad news about that is that he was left out of the squad altogether because he is leaving.

Which means the following players are probably being offered new deals:

Johnson, Bell (did well today tbf), Evans, Bennett.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Another game in which we were simply not good enough in attacking positions, whilst defensively, in the main we were fine but we often look ok yet seldom keep clean sheets, we always tend to concede one.

Again the focus is on Armstrong who was foiled twice by their keeper with one on ones that he shouldnt have given the keeper a chance with, following an excellent goal all of his own making. I dont think his biggest problem is necessarily greed/selfishness, I think that theory really bubbled up after that solitary game v Bristol City, I think his pace and anticipation make him probably better than any striker in the division at being in positions to get good chances, none of todays are ones that he should have passed, his issue which may prevent him from being a Premier League player is that he is not ruthless enough by any means, give him 3 one on ones and he will likely put one away, give Pukki or Toney the same amount and they may put 2 away.

The problem I have is whilst in isolation, the criticism of Armstrongs misses are very valid, you have to take a step back and say that a 25 goal striker in reality should walk our player of the season award, 100%. He could have had many more, but then again, is it reasonable to expect him to be getting 30, 35, 40 goals just to get us competitive? The supporting cast simply do nowhere near enough and I fear once we are more reliant on them next season, it will lead to serious trouble at the bottom. You also take Elliott away, who in a brief cameo played a superb pass after some lovely footwork, a player who sets up goals, and it doesnt leave much with Dack a long way from fitness.

Rothwell again caught the eye trying to run at defenders, but again, there is nothing at the end of it. Near the start, he beat one and two easily, then just ran into someone. His first shot sliced horribly wide, his second blazed over, his third dragged wide, not even giving the goalkeeper anything to do. Brereton at times looked bright, but again, his first shot sliced horribly wide, and a really good chance in the second half, just no composure at all to even get it anywhere near, thats why he cant play as a 9. Gallagher meanwhile was invisible.

Travis was the biggest positive for me, back to his best. Johnson was average, Bell was as good as I can ever remember, he still allowed his winger in behind too often but he just seemed far less laid back, he had more purpose both ways, this shouldnt trick us into giving him another year but credit where its due, much better. Nyambe started off shaky but improved and helped to stop a goal after they had gotten in behind Bell, and Kaminski spilled it in his own box. Kaminski also had big question marks over the goal, not his best day at the office. Lenihan occasionally rash but fine, Harwood Bellis has been really good and I think I would like him back although I suppose even with him we still concede goals.

Just shows with Bell. Bursting a gut now that he is looking for a deal. Seen it with players many times. I bet if he got a deal he would revert to type immediately. 

I have such a feeling that Brereton is going to revert too when crowds return. That's taking into account that I find him frustrating as is. Lacks end product,but signs are positive that he is improving so let's see. Hope I'm wrong about the crowds 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Just shows with Bell. Bursting a gut now that he is looking for a deal. Seen it with players many times. I bet if he got a deal he would revert to type immediately. 

I have such a feeling that Brereton is going to revert too when crowds return. That's taking into account that I find him frustrating as is. Lacks end product,but signs are positive that he is improving so let's see. Hope I'm wrong about the crowds 

With Brereton, the commentators said that he has had a "good season" on 6 goals which I felt was more a representation on what they are comparing it against. He has never got a hard time from the fans although if he can not hack playing in front of them then he has no role for us at all going forward. I do think that he seems to have bulked up a bit and matured but in front of goal he is terrible, totally lacking in any sort of composure and striking instinct. He is one of a number who just isnt good enough with his end product as you say.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Just shows with Bell. Bursting a gut now that he is looking for a deal. Seen it with players many times. I bet of he got a deal he would revert to type immediately. 

I have such a feeling that Brereton is going to revert too when crowds return. That's taking into account that I find him frustrating as is. Lacks end product,but signs are positive that he is improving so let's see. Hope I'm wrong about the crowds 

Crowds returning?

You will be if Mowbray is still in charge.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, roversfan99 said:

With Brereton, the commentators said that he has had a "good season" on 6 goals which I felt was more a representation on what they are comparing it against. He has never got a hard time from the fans although if he can not hack playing in front of them then he has no role for us at all going forward. I do think that he seems to have bulked up a bit and matured but in front of goal he is terrible, totally lacking in any sort of composure and striking instinct. He is one of a number who just isnt good enough with his end product as you say.

It's his shooting in the box. Compare and contrast with Jordan Rhodes, for example. For a professional he really loves a poorly struck pea shooter shot. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.