Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For me, after the play off dream disappeared post Christmas, the only thing I cared about was finishing above Preston. When we beat them 3-0 at their place we demonstrated how superior we should be to

23 points off the top 6. Get out Mowbray, you fraud.

I'm going rogue here   I want Rotherham to win. I want Derby to go down and Mowbray doesn't deserve any pointless end of season gloss.  I don't even feel guilty  Having said that we wil

Posted Images

I have very little respect for the manager or the majority of the squad at this point. Our win against Huddersfield just emphasises the team can play if they feel like it, but we have too many players without a winner's mentality and a manager who definitely doesn't have one (and largely brings in players who are of a similar mould). 

At this point until Mowbray leaves I'm done caring about what happens in our matches - a winning streak now will only make the past few months' performances even more aggravating. The manager departing and a proper clear-out in the summer of these underperforming sad sacks (a few excepted) is urgently required for the club to realise any serious ambition of playoff contention. A change of ownership will also be required, though, so no expectation any of this will come to pass. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've seen Rotherham a few times and they will be up for it.

They have lost a lot of games by a narrow margin, like us.

It will be a close one going to who wants it most.

I hope Rotherham get a decent Ref for fairness sake.

The one v Brentford wouldn't give them the steam of his shit.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DE. said:

I have very little respect for the manager or the majority of the squad at this point. Our win against Huddersfield just emphasises the team can play if they feel like it, but we have too many players without a winner's mentality and a manager who definitely doesn't have one (and largely brings in players who are of a similar mould). 

At this point until Mowbray leaves I'm done caring about what happens in our matches - a winning streak now will only make the past few months' performances even more aggravating. The manager departing and a proper clear-out in the summer of these underperforming sad sacks (a few excepted) is urgently required for the club to realise any serious ambition of playoff contention. A change of ownership will also be required, though, so no expectation any of this will come to pass. 

I totally empathise with your sentiments...if I’m totally honest, I’d forgotten that we had a game tonight.

Similarly, whilst I’d always want a Rovers win irrespective, I really couldn’t give a shit. That’s not like me at all.

Bring on the close season!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

I totally empathise with your sentiments...if I’m totally honest, I’d forgotten that we had a game tonight.

Similarly, whilst I’d always want a Rovers win irrespective, I really couldn’t give a shit. That’s not like me at all.

Bring on the close season!

 

We haven’t got a game tonight, it’s on Saturday.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

I reckon a comfortable win. Be a cracking game to blood some young lads but I can’t see it.

Definitely. McBride. The center half from Gibraltar. Why not? Now's the time 

There are wholesale changes and the integrity question that raises, but those 2 need to have a run in the first team at this stage 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

I totally empathise with your sentiments...if I’m totally honest, I’d forgotten that we had a game tonight.

Similarly, whilst I’d always want a Rovers win irrespective, I really couldn’t give a shit. That’s not like me at all.

Bring on the close season!

Exactly, it's not that I will be hoping for us to lose... I just don't care. If we win then fine, but it doesn't change the fact that this is another season the manager and his players have thrown away. 2 wins from 17 is absolutely disgraceful, the lot of them are an embarrassment to the club with a couple of on-the-pitch exceptions who have generally done their jobs whilst their team mates failed abysmally in doing the bare minimum of giving 100% effort.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Their results have been dreadful but they’ve lost a hell of a lot of games 1-0 recently. They’ll be going all out on Saturday.

We’ve lost EIGHT 0-1 games this season. Six in 2021. 

Going back to what was said earlier, there is no scenario where I want Rovers to lose. Especially since we can all see now that a loss has nothing to do with TM exit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JoeH said:

Expecting a game similar to Millwall away. 2-0 Rovers. Tyrhys Dolan needs to start, let's give some of the U23's lads starting/bench spots. 

I doubt Dolan will play as I suppose the front 3 who got 5 between them will be played again.

I think Davenport should start ahead of Evans, and ideally a young lad at left back. Bennett, Bell, Trybull, Johnson, Downing and Evans shouldnt make the squad.

7 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I find a lot of what you say contradictory. I think you're confused and I wouldn't blame you after this season. 

Its not just about his post match interview, which I actually never mentioned. It's the general narrative he will be able to spin the higher we finish. 

Long response without clarity. I'll go again,  what benefit do we get from winning this beyond you speculating people might be happy if they check the score? Simple question. 

The general consensus, of which one is often hard to find is that a review will take place at the end of the season. Higher position good for Mowbray, lower position bad. Pretty simple really. 

I think the main difference is that you think these 2 results make any difference to Mowbray pleading to the owners, my point is if its done on merit/results, then he goes regardless, 13th, 15th or 17th is splitting hairs, hes still got less points, finished lower down and miles away from target. Venkys probably wont even know the score. 

The disinterest side of it I do get. You do care slightly more than you are letting on, hence making this thread, you will check the score, you have suggested certain players to play etc. I do care, but as comparatively little as I remember, partly because of my feelings on the manager and the stagnation, partly because its behind closed doors and partly because the season as you touch on has no significance really.

All considered, my perspective is that it has no bearing on his job security, and little significance overall, but I still want us win, even if failure to do so wont hinder my weekend in the same way as it may do in normal circumstances.

7 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I mean who can't say it wouldn't be more interesting to watch Derby try to get out of League 1 , than Rotherham?

Do you watch much of League 1 to be particularly interested about such a situation?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I doubt Dolan will play as I suppose the front 3 who got 5 between them will be played again.

I think Davenport should start ahead of Evans, and ideally a young lad at left back. Bennett, Bell, Trybull, Johnson, Downing and Evans shouldnt make the squad.

Wouldn't hate Trybull playing. He's had some good games and could be a good cheap option in the summer if we keep him happy. Big pay rise in his Norwich contract for their promotion means they'd likely let him go for free, just the wages to consider, but if its going to be a loans/frees kind of window, we could see TT come back.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JoeH said:

Wouldn't hate Trybull playing. He's had some good games and could be a good cheap option in the summer if we keep him happy. Big pay rise in his Norwich contract for their promotion means they'd likely let him go for free, just the wages to consider, but if its going to be a loans/frees kind of window, we could see TT come back.

Totally disagree on Trybull, I think hes dreadful. Slow and ponderous, arguably the perfect example of what it has been like watching us play this season. Would be very annoyed if he came back.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like us to put out a strong team in this game. So I wouldn't suggest starting a bunch of kids. I'm not really that fussed about the result, but i'd like our club to have some integrity and not do what Huddersfield did to us (when they made a billion changes to play Birmingham). This game is pivotal for Wednesday and Derby.

That said, probably doesn't make a lot of sense to start any of the loan signings.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I doubt Dolan will play as I suppose the front 3 who got 5 between them will be played again.

I think Davenport should start ahead of Evans, and ideally a young lad at left back. Bennett, Bell, Trybull, Johnson, Downing and Evans shouldnt make the squad.

I think the main difference is that you think these 2 results make any difference to Mowbray pleading to the owners, my point is if its done on merit/results, then he goes regardless, 13th, 15th or 17th is splitting hairs, hes still got less points, finished lower down and miles away from target. Venkys probably wont even know the score. 

The disinterest side of it I do get. You do care slightly more than you are letting on, hence making this thread, you will check the score, you have suggested certain players to play etc. I do care, but as comparatively little as I remember, partly because of my feelings on the manager and the stagnation, partly because its behind closed doors and partly because the season as you touch on has no significance really.

All considered, my perspective is that it has no bearing on his job security, and little significance overall, but I still want us win, even if failure to do so wont hinder my weekend in the same way as it may do in normal circumstances.

Do you watch much of League 1 to be particularly interested about such a situation?

Stop man. I have better things to be doing than deep diving ad naseum on my original post, it is what it is. The conversation is over. The public have spoken and the majority understand the rational. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Rotherham are dreadful, they will be down this weekend IMO.

Confident statement there, Mark!

We've also proved that we can be the most dreadful team in the league over a prolonged period in each of our last few seasons. Being a Rovers supporter, I don't think I'd have the confidence to call any of our upcoming opponents dreadful at the moment! You can always count on us to be worse than the worst you can think of, and we're never averse to giving other teams a helping hand in this sort of situation.

My first thought was that Rotherham will be going all out for the win and attack us, but I'm sure they'll be aware that those sorts of games are about the only ones whereby we're dangerous, and how badly we do in the games where the opposition sits back and we're allowed harmless possession. I reckon Rotherham's best approach is to do just that; let us have the ball in those harmless positions and take their chances when they inevitably come.

Edited by Meesh
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

6 minutes ago, Meesh said:

My first thought was that Rotherham will be going all out for the win and attack us, but I'm sure they'll be aware that those sorts of games are about the only ones whereby we're dangerous, and how badly we do in the games where the opposition sits back and we're allowed harmless possession. I reckon Rotherham's best approach is to do just that; let us have the ball in those harmless positions and take their chances when they inevitably come.

Agreed. Rotherham's best chance of getting 3 points in their run in is against us imo, but only if they play it smart. Go attacking and we have shown we can pick teams off on the counter. If they sit back and slow the game down, they will get chances to score. We're too disorganised defensively to keep it tight for an entire match, regardless of the opposition, and we're too lightweight up front to seriously trouble teams who play compact. Most teams had figured us out by November.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t have any druthers on who I’d prefer to see go down to League 1.

When we were in League 1, I wrote 4 or 5 articles about Blackburn Rovers on the D1D2 website. The guy who runs it was very enthusiastic about my articles, complimentary towards Rovers, etc. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DE. said:

Most teams had figured us out by November.

I feel Richie's song coming on...

"Oh-ayy-oh, sussed out by November, ohh-ayy-ohh, still here in September, ohh-ayy-ohh, he's never gonna go awayyyy"

😩

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, DE. said:

 

Agreed. Rotherham's best chance of getting 3 points in their run in is against us imo, but only if they play it smart. Go attacking and we have shown we can pick teams off on the counter. If they sit back and slow the game down, they will get chances to score. We're too disorganised defensively to keep it tight for an entire match, regardless of the opposition, and we're too lightweight up front to seriously trouble teams who play compact. Most teams had figured us out by November.

I have no doubt if we were going here in a relagation battle we would be in trouble. It would go exactly as you say they should play. Now it's interesting as I think with the pressure off it will suit some of the players like Brereton and Rothwell. Not that I really feel they are under much pressure though, with Mr Mediocre in charge 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DE. said:

Exactly, it's not that I will be hoping for us to lose... I just don't care. If we win then fine, but it doesn't change the fact that this is another season the manager and his players have thrown away. 2 wins from 17 is absolutely disgraceful, the lot of them are an embarrassment to the club with a couple of on-the-pitch exceptions who have generally done their jobs whilst their team mates failed abysmally in doing the bare minimum of giving 100% effort.

Look at the sheer turnover of players in and out, on and off and rotated though. Yes some players have to shoulder some of the blame but when the manager doesn't it's no wonder they don't seem that bothered. It all stems from him he either can't motivate them so has given up trying and just tries to keep them on side. Or they are buying into it and following his instructions to the letter, either way the buck stops with him. 

Said it for 2 years now but for where we want to go the whole mentality is wrong, not so much easy street as a collective we aren't good enough but it doesn't matter st.

The whole way he operates though goes right against any form of successful consistency developing or any comfortable partnerships on the pitch.

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Look at the sheer turnover of players in and out, on and off and rotated though. Yes some players have to shoulder some of the blame but when the manager doesn't it's no wonder they don't seem that bothered. It all stems from him he either can't motivate them so has given up trying and just tries to keep them on side. Or they are buying into it and following his instructions to the letter, either way the buck stops with him. 

Said it for 2 years now but for where we want to go the whole mentality is wrong, not so much easy street as a collective we aren't good enough but it doesn't matter st.

The whole way he operates though goes right against any form of successful consistency developing or any comfortable partnerships on the pitch.

The manager is fully to blame as he's been here four years and completely shaped the squad to his liking. The buck stops entirely with him. I still think on a personal level the players should be extremely disappointed in themselves, as our recent run was one of the worst in the club's history and regardless of what they think of the manager their names will now forever be associated with that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DE. said:

 

Agreed. Rotherham's best chance of getting 3 points in their run in is against us imo, but only if they play it smart. Go attacking and we have shown we can pick teams off on the counter. If they sit back and slow the game down, they will get chances to score. We're too disorganised defensively to keep it tight for an entire match, regardless of the opposition, and we're too lightweight up front to seriously trouble teams who play compact. Most teams had figured us out by November.

Totally agree  I'm sure Rotherham will play 343, sit deep and let us have the ball, and we won't know what to do, and then they nick something on a set piece. That's basically been the straightforward way to get a result out of us.

Huddersfield played right into our hands (4 at the back, very open attacking style) but I can't see Rotherham doing the same.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.