BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Rotherham

17 minutes ago, rigger said:

So would you drop Nyambe?

Maybe start with RN and then bring Pike on or vice versa.

Wouldn't be averse to dropping Nyambe. Unpopular opinion, but I don’t rate him...if he had 5yrs on his contract I believe he’d get much more criticism. His contract situation is an opportunity for people to raise his profile and beat the club with imo. lots of potential that hasn’t yet come to fruition.

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 4

Ryan needs turning into a good right back first and foremost. Far too much emphasis on the fact he has a bit of pace so is expected to be one of the main attacking outlets.

Learn to walk before you can run the guy has all the attributes to be a cracking right back in this league. All too often he seems caught in two minds like his boss.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, tomphil said:

Ryan needs turning into a good right back first and foremost. Far too much emphasis on the fact he has a bit of pace so is expected to be one of the main attacking outlets.

Learn to walk before you can run the guy has all the attributes to be a cracking right back in this league. All too often he seems caught in two minds like his boss.

He’s physically a man mountain! But I don’t see any footballing intelligence. He’s out of position a lot and fairly average on the ball. As I said before, genuinely believe if he had 5yrs on his contract there’d be a lot wanting him replaced.

10 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Personally I think it's obvious Ryan isn't fully focussed at the moment as he is due for the exit door.

That’s it though, I doubt he’s going anywhere. He’s got a year trigger on his contract and who’s parting with decent money for him?

15 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Personally I think it's obvious Ryan isn't fully focussed at the moment as he is due for the exit door.

It’s almost like he doesn’t want to bust a gut to impress Mowbray enough to extend his contract - maybe even get a new one.

In all seriousness, would anyone blame him for wanting to get away from Mowbray. Hell, we have fans walking away because of him.

His career is short and he needs to be somewhere that he can develop. At this point with all of the stopping and starting and being made a scapegoat I wouldn’t be surprised if the relationship is dead at this point.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

He’s physically a man mountain! But I don’t see any footballing intelligence. He’s out of position a lot and fairly average on the ball. As I said before, genuinely believe if he had 5yrs on his contract there’d be a lot wanting him replaced.

Nearly everyone I speak to is of the opinion Nyambe could play at a higher level due to his attributes and if his faults were ironed out. He is a player to me who just hasn't really progressed due to the poor standard of coaching in the last four years. I think a smart coach could improve him immeasurably as the raw materials are there for us all to see.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Nearly everyone I speak to is of the opinion Nyambe could play at a higher level due to his attributes and if his faults were ironed out. He is a player to me who just hasn't really progressed due to the poor standard of coaching in the last four years. I think a smart coach could improve him immeasurably as the raw materials are there for us all to see.

I think a lot of excuses are made for Nyambe to be honest. Although obviously better coaching would help

41 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I think he’s majorly hampered by the system Mowbray employs.

Whether it is Nyambe or JRC they are expected to do the jobs of 2 people. JRC isn’t as natural a defender, and Nyambe isn’t as natural attacking.

Plat JRC in front of Nyambe and that’s a hell of a right hand side!

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Whether it is Nyambe or JRC they are expected to do the jobs of 2 people. JRC isn’t as natural a defender, and Nyambe isn’t as natural attacking.

That's too simple a plan for Mowbray and Co. One striking feature of his tenure is that he really seems  to like over complicating a relatively simple game.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, arbitro said:

That's too simple a plan for Mowbray and Co. One striking feature of his tenure is that he really seems  to like over complicating a relatively simple game.

This is why I can’t understand why people call him a dinosaur, he’s the opposite.

44 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Full-backs ideally should be paired with their wingers. Nyambe and JRC are ideal. Both can do their primary tasks, ie. Nyambe defending, JRC attacking. And they are both competent at each others primary tasks. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

I often wonder when under this ownership  we'll ever get full backs who can actually defend well. It was the same with Henley, really quick but defensively he never looked like getting to grips with the positional side of it. Or the cutting out of crosses and tackling.

Then we have Bell who again is all about pace and breaking forwards but like Henley an awful defender. Nyambie is far from perfect but he's twice the player of these 2 because he's solid and can actually win tackles.

I'm expecting similar from Pickering when he steps up a level and has to contend with Mowbrays systems.

I guess flying full backs are worth more if you can invent one.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

Probably cant experiment too much or we will be accused of fielding a weakened side by other relegation candidates. Been on the receiving end of that !!!

Interesting to see that Hughton and Pearson who were touted as saviours for us, are below us in the league having massively underperformed.  

57 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I often wonder when under this ownership  we'll ever get full backs who can actually defend well. It was the same with Henley, really quick but defensively he never looked like getting to grips with the positional side of it. Or the cutting out of crosses and tackling.

Then we have Bell who again is all about pace and breaking forwards but like Henley an awful defender. Nyambie is far from perfect but he's twice the player of these 2 because he's solid and can actually win tackles.

I'm expecting similar from Pickering when he steps up a level and has to contend with Mowbrays systems.

I guess flying full backs are worth more if you can invent one.

I would like to see Pickering partnered with Dolan on the left flank.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

Probably cant experiment too much or we will be accused of fielding a weakened side by other relegation candidates. Been on the receiving end of that !!!

Interesting to see that Hughton and Pearson who were touted as saviours for us, are below us in the league having massively underperformed.  

Both started well below us though I'm pretty sure. Hughton definitely. We must have been least 20 points ahead of them when he took over 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

26 minutes ago, rigger said:

I would like to see Pickering partnered with Dolan on the left flank.

I'd like to see 3 or 4 partnerships allowed to develop within the side. Never really get chance here they are paired according to opposition.  That's before any injuries knocks or niggles put them out.

Then there is the rotation, another cat he let out the bag recently when referring to someone with the line 'it was his turn'.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Both started well below us though I'm pretty sure. Hughton definitely. We must have been least 20 points ahead of them when he took over 

Bristol City started 2-0, with consecutive 3-1 thumpings, but are 3-4-7 overall since Pearson took over. 

5 hours ago, arbitro said:

I don’t see a footballer in him. He has the raw physical attributes of a 100m sprinter but I haven’t see a proper footballer. He’s both defensively and attacking inconsistent. From the sublime to the ridiculous.

I think there’s some decent coaches at Rovers. I just don’t think RN is great. Not a bad’un by any stretch. Just average.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

I'd like to see 3 or 4 partnerships allowed to develop within the side. Never really get chance here they are paired according to opposition.  That's before any injuries knocks or niggles put them out.

Then there is the rotation, another cat he let out the bag recently when referring to someone with the line 'it was his turn'.

The rotation thing must hinder us. I find it difficult to believe we can gain much consistency if we are just changing the players every game.

• Like 3