BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season finale: Rovers vs Birmingham City

2 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

28 individual goals mean nothing if the team doesn’t perform which it hasn’t and armstrong has about good games 50/50. Seen games that I blamed him for lost points, too selfish, missed pens etc. 
A good goal haul but I would prefer a more complete striker that leads to more team points 

I get that some folk love him, i just think he is limited in some areas. Wish him all the best and he will be given a good reception on any return to ewood but I’m not crying about him leaving 

Makes it all the more impressive when the rest of the team doesn’t perform. He shouldn’t have to do it all on his own, but he’s had a good shift at it with his record. Not saying he’s an unbelievable player but deserves credit. I’ll be disappointed to see him go but expected as it’s a cycle when a player does well they move on.

5 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

You're not stalking me are you Bruce?  Five more wins would've had us close to the top six.  

Your second sentence makes my point rather better than I did.  

Turn 5 draws into wins we’d have finished 10th still 10 points from the play offs. No where near the play offs. 

• Like 3

Classic Mowbray. Goes through good run, bad run, good run, death spiral, now back on the up with some really good performances.

That's the way it's always been with his managerial tenure at Rovers and his clubs before. We might have a good summer of recruitment, we might start next season really well. But we will all know the spiral is on its way. 

As an aside I don't really get why people think we play poor football. Id  say we play very entertaining football on the whole. It's the glass jaw that is our issue.

But what's the point in sticking with a manager who you know is not going to get you up?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

With all respect I don’t really rate your view , you make some wild claims . Armstrong is part of the team that have underperformed all season, there is pen misses etc that can be put at his door. He isn’t blameless in the poor campaign 

He is last in the queue of players to hold to account for this season's results IMHO.  Quick question, who has performed better than AA?

• Like 3

Just now, matt83 said:

Turn 5 draws into wins we’d have finished 10th still 10 points from the play offs. No where near the play offs. 

Even if we'd turned 5 losses into these mythical 5 wins we'd still have been 5 points outside the play offs.

Paul is on the wind up as usual.

Disappointing to see Derby stay up. What a game though.

Typical Rovers to win again in style when the pressure is off.

Opportune time for me to have a break from all things Rovers unless our owners pull their fingers out over the coming weeks. Have a good summer all. 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

3 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

With all respect I don’t really rate your view , you make some wild claims . Armstrong is part of the team that have underperformed all season, there is pen misses etc that can be put at his door. He isn’t blameless in the poor campaign 

Think where this team would be without him though.

1 minute ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

He is last in the queue of players to hold to account for this season's results IMHO.  Quick question, who has performed better than AA?

Your not getting it as usual, it’s not about individual performances it’s a team effort and as a collective they have been poor 

• Backroom
Just now, Paul Mellelieu said:

Five points with six games to go is "in the mix" IMHO.  

Every time we're "in the mix" we fall away in spectacular fashion, so it really wouldn't make any difference. 

6 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I can't imagine there is anyone at or supporting the club who isn't glad to see the back of this season.

10 points from the last 5 games = promotion form.☺️

Imagine if TM said that, he might too.

Edited by West Yorks Rover

Brentford,Barnsley,Swansea and Bournemouth all in the plays offs.

Not a single one of them with the history of this Club,all smaller in stature.One BIG difference is that they have Managers who know their Arse from their Elbow.

Once again...what a waste of a Season.

• Like 6