BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

End of term report on TM/Rovers, season 20/21.

• Backroom

Honestly this season ended up being much worse than I expected. I didn't think we'd get top six with the current manager in situ, but I expected we'd finish somewhere in the top half. 15th is an abject failure and should be grounds for the manager's dismissal considering how well Mowbray has been backed. That run of 2 wins out of 17 is something no other manager in the professional leagues would have survived, and showed how little our owners care about the club. 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, matt83 said:

Off the pitch the CovenTrio tried to flog the Crown Jewels. The Venkys are as disinterested now as they ever were. 

Devil's Advocate mode on:

If the owners didn't care at all, do you not think the Brockhall scheme would still be going full steam ahead? You surely don't think that Waggott would have pulled the plug on it off his own batt do you?

Have to say that even in a season that was an unmitigated disaster on the pitch the abortive attempt to flog off our infrastructure (which incidentally  hasn't produced the slightest hint of contrition or an apology from Waggott in the wake of it's humiliating failure) was by far the most worrying and concerning development.

4 minutes ago, DE. said:

That run of 2 wins out of 17 is something no other manager in the professional leagues would have survived, and showed how little our owners care about the club. 

Let's see what happens with the managerial structure at the Club over the next few weeks.

IF we got to the first day of next season and nothing had changed then yes, maybe it would be impossible to escape that conclusion.

And yes, if it had been down to me I would have sacked Mowbray in Feb 2019 on the basis of results but the owners do seem to give anyone who gains their confidence an exceptional amount of leeway.

End of term report: "must do better" is being far too kind

It's been a poor division:

Norwich and Watford were solid and organised but nothing special; the 4 play-off places occupied by teams who were no better than us but had good managers

A top 6 was up for grabs and Tony should have got us there given the money he had to spend and the 3 or 4 genuinely talented players we had in the squad

In a top school, Tony would have been sent to see the head teacher, told to pull his socks up, or face expulsion. 

He's on borrowed time. 

• Like 2

I don't know why I look at the LT, and read the absolute bollocks TM talks.

If he had any ounce of decency he would hand his notice in. He's just not good enough. Decent owners would bring in a new man, give Arma a pay rise, build a team around him to get us back in the PL. Shift the dead wood and give it a great push next season. One last hurrah. 

But we just know they don't have the balls.....

Edited by Proudtobeblue&white
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

Decent owners would bring in a new man, give Arma a pay rise, build a team around him to get us back in the PL. Shift the dead wood and give it a great push next season. One last hurrah. 

Yep.

It's over to them.................

55 minutes ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

If he had any ounce of decency he would hand his notice in. He's just not good enough. Decent owners would bring in a new man, give Arma a pay rise, build a team around him to get us back in the PL. Shift the dead wood and give it a great push next season. One last hurrah. 

It's going to be like this forever and a day under their clueless tenure...the thought alone just makes me want to call it a day tbh.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stuart said:

Very good of you, I had honestly forgotten.

Nightsafe is a local charity helping homeless and vulnerable people in the town. They would be grateful of your donation I’m sure. 👍🏻

Wow, that’s amazing! I have been working with Jan and Pam for about 3 months now and am in the midst of helping them set up the new Patrons scheme for Nightsafe.

I will make the donation this week following our meeting. Great choice! 

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

...... or brains.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

Wow, that’s amazing! I have been working with Jan and Pam for about 3 months now and am in the midst of helping them set up the new Patrons scheme for Nightsafe.

I will make the donation this week following our meeting. Great choice! 

Serendipitous indeed!

That’s a great thing you are doing. Cheers.

Interested to know about your patrons scheme…

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

End of term report: "must do better" is being far too kind

It's been a poor division:

Norwich and Watford were solid and organised but nothing special; the 4 play-off places occupied by teams who were no better than us but had good managers

A top 6 was up for grabs and Tony should have got us there given the money he had to spend and the 3 or 4 genuinely talented players we had in the squad

In a top school, Tony would have been sent to see the head teacher, told to pull his socks up, or face expulsion. 

He's on borrowed time. 

Exactly. All of my friends support PL teams so are out of touch with the rest of football - they see Rovers in mid-table in the Championship and wonder why I gripe so much about the results (how far we've fallen in the public eye, eh?).

It's an absolute cloggers league. Norwich and Watford are a class above us (albeit both will get relegated again next season without significant investment), but our squad is comfortably in that next group. 

Mowbray has to receive an F based on our results this year - his stated target was the Playoffs and finishing 20 points off them is simply inexcusable. He has managed to simultaneously alienate and anger the fan base with his poor tactics and misuse of players.

Added to this he's stunted the development of almost every player in the squad and plotted to rid us of our crown jewel, our Cat A Academy. 

His position should be untenable. 

Besides having to deal with the Loons in Pune, I'd argue 70% of the managers in the Championship look at our situation with envy - good (albeit not great) squad, v.good Academy, no pressure to sell players (and apparently decent funds when requested) - they'd all back themselves to get us in the Playoffs. 

• Like 1