BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

I am no financial expert, but was just wondering if someone could answer this question : If, and its a big if, Venkys were looking to sell, is it possible they could just write off the debt to make it more attractive to a buyer?

I believe something similar happened at Sunderland when Ellis Short wrote off a £170m in order to sell to Stuart Donald. Sunderland are now apparently debt free. 

Whatever anyone thinks of Venkys I don't believe they have anything but the best interests of the club at heart 

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

I was in the pub at Stoke away in 2019 when we won 2-1. I spoke to multiple well connected Rovers fans in there who were adamant that Venkys were selling to Eurogarages and that Gareth Ainsworth was lined up to take over as manager. 18 months on and here we are.

Venkys won't sell, or share.

They're also up to their eyeballs in debt with the ASDA takeover. 

• Like 2

New owners. Mowbray being sacked. Waggott being replaced by people who know how to run a football club. They’re all lovely dreams but that’s all they are dreams. I’m sure we all know come august Mowbray will be in the dugout, the Venkys will be in India in full control of the club and swag will be residing over the whole shambles.

Recent rumours about Mowbray leaving - he’s making plans for next season.

Earlier this season there were rumours that swag would retire at the end of the season - he’s very much here.

A few seasons ago there was rumours about some Qatari outfit interested in buying rovers - the Venkys still very much here.

None of the good rumours come true. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Tugayisgod said:

I am no financial expert, but was just wondering if someone could answer this question : If, and its a big if, Venkys were looking to sell, is it possible they could just write off the debt to make it more attractive to a buyer?

I believe something similar happened at Sunderland when Ellis Short wrote off a £170m in order to sell to Stuart Donald. Sunderland are now apparently debt free. 

Whatever anyone thinks of Venkys I don't believe they have anything but the best interests of the club at heart 

They'd have to do that it's pretty much standard practice these days, unless they are selling it for a quid but keeping the debt for repayment.

Davies wrote off 100 million or similar at Bolton before he sold because basically it's money you will never ever recoup.

• Like 2

Don’t know why you do this to yourself  @RoversClitheroe a few months back you jumped the gun when you convinced yourself Mowbray was about to leave the club, he’s still here and I’m pretty sure Venkys are going to be here for the foreseeable. Sorry to break it to you and all that. 😅 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

When is that 10 mile wide Asteroid due?

It's currently sitting in the void between Blackburn and Pune and being orbited and held back by a team of excuse makers.

• Like 2

I'm sure they won't be sharing the Club with anyone else, they wouldn't even share a Rolls with each other!

The three(four) of them came in 3 Rolls-Royces after all!

Edited by 47er
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

That something you've heard? Surely not

Yep, bloke who was working on the digger in the Suez canal saw it being transferred from the slow boat that set off from India in 2012, that was stuck in the traffic jam

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

Yep, bloke who was working on the digger in the Suez canal saw it being transferred from the slow boat that set off from India in 2012, that was stuck in the traffic jam

Was the bloke on the digger called Endean ?

• Like 7

16 hours ago, davulsukur said:

I don't believe for one second that Venkys bought this football club because they had its best interests at heart.

It was a marketing venture which backfired worse than my old Harley with the timing off.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, USABlue said:

It was a marketing venture which backfired worse than my old Harley with the timing off.

Ho hum, it's just another Marie Antionette let them eat cake scenario for the inordinately stupid billionaires of Pune to wrestle with. I'm sure they've had other fingers burned if they are gullible enough to let £200 million slip through their clucking grasp just on our little vanity project. I mean, when was the last time you dropped £200 million without any acknowledgement that there might be something seriously wrong with your decision making, or someone seeking redress? Baffling, but at the end of the day it is the Loons we are dealing with.

What a pity they knew nothing about the meaning of football when they took Rovers on.

What a damning indictment that 11 years on, they still seem to have learned fook all.

Oh, and a sale? Actions speak a lot louder than words.

Edited by WIR Second Coming
A protest on your own isn't a protest, it's a sign you are losing the plot.
  • Like 1