BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The most boring end to a season. EVER?

For the first time EVER I did not watch or listen to any of our last 5 games as I had already lost the will to live. I am pleased beyond believe that the nightmare is over for a little while at least.

Was this the most boring end to a season ever?

Yes or No?

If No, which year's end of season was more mind numbingly boring and why?

• Like 1

Weve had loads of boring ends since the tosspots took over the club to be fair, but as well as the on field rubbish, it was made a million times worse by the empty stadiums and not being able to go. So I would agree yeah.

All 3 since we came back up as well as a couple undee Bowyer and the one under Lambert, all seasons that died a death well before their natural conclusion. A decade of shit.

• Like 1

Boring sums it up pretty well (for Rovers at least)

Nothing to play for at all and a manager who openly stated it didn't matter if we won or lost. 

It was a friendly in all but name and even though we stuck 5 past an U23 team, like the manager, I just shrugged my shoulders and did something else.

• Like 1

To be honest most of our Championship seasons have been mind-numbingly dull, the only exceptions I can think of are 12/13 going through five managers and falling into the relegation zone in April, 13/14 where we still had a very small chance of the playoffs on the final day, and of course 16/17 when we went down.

The rest, consisting of mid-table nothingness, just blur into one. It really has been a miserable decade with absolutely nothing to shout about apart from promotion out of a division that it was embarrassing to drop into.

Just the way Mowbray likes it though, plodding along in mid-table in the Championship (although I'd be surprised if we're as high as that next season....). Think the same goes for quite a few of the players too unfortunately, though we should be rid of some of them this summer. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Oh for the days of Don Mackay teams back in the old division 2.

Those seasons were anything but boring.

Don was heavily supported by TP. Its gone tits up since Tony left really. Legend

Edited by Sparks Rover

I rarely find watching football boring - though Tony's endless passing game drives me to distraction sometimes. So no. it hasn't been boring........ but it has been pointless, because we were neither going up nor down, the games had no meaning and even the good wins and performances were no cause for celebration. 

There have been many aimless, wasted seasons under these owners. With the exception of 13/14, the rest have been forgettable, imo. I'd have the end of the 15/16 season second to this one in terms of boring finishes. This season tops that, for me. Our season was over in February. The manager was making baffling comments every week. I'm results based, no, I'm performance based, Hang on...we've got the third best passing stats...the stats guys are telling me...erm, I don't look at the table... I don't care where we finish...it isn't 1995 anymore, I hope the fans understand. Most of that said as we went on a run of 2 wins in 17.

Add to that the pandemic, an empty stadium and it being a case of 'ifollow or nothing' if you wanted to watch a game, it all made it a long, drawn out end to the season.

• Like 2