BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

#OldShirtsOnTilMowbraysGone

1 hour ago, Bluerover78 said:

Not a bad idea, I like the idea of wearing away colours more as above poster said, a bit like manure do with the green and gold scarves. People need to know what the protest is against though, is it Bulletproof Tony and Waggot, or Venkies as well.

I don't understand supporters who just walk away completely, not really supporters in my eyes ( nothing stopping you going away games only). Don't forget it's Our Club and Town, I certainly will not be pushed out of my home town club by clueless owners or employees only there for a wage. 

A protest with a common goal with All fans pulling in the same direction will ask more questions of those at the top. In the unlikely event we do get back to the premiership any time soon I hope those that have walked away for good don't come crawling back. Support for your club should be through good times and bad.

Do you know what I don't understand.

Russian.

8 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

You might need new eyes.

Anyway, enjoy legitimising the regime that tried to sell off Jack's legacy for housing. 

#DigDeepForWaggott

I don't see that I am legitimising the regime, and I have lost all respect for Waggot with that stunt. It's the 11 on the pitch that I care about, and the legacy that Jack built. Also the fans that turn out week in week out, watching utter dross at times but do so because it's our club. The current owners will eventually leave as will the coventrio, but true fans won't walk away as blue and white is in their blood.

• Like 1

Just now, Bluerover78 said:

I don't see that I am legitimising the regime, and I have lost all respect for Waggot with that stunt. It's the 11 on the pitch that I care about, and the legacy that Jack built. Also the fans that turn out week in week out, watching utter dross at times but do so because it's our club. The current owners will eventually leave as will the coventrio, but true fans won't walk away as blue and white is in their blood.

You are legitimising the regime by financially supporting it. True fans that bleed blue and white won't support the destruction of Jack's legacy (see I can do the emotive BS too)

Lots of fans have walked away over the last ten years. Fans that have probably watched more Rovers games than you, home and away. You aren't special. 

2 hours ago, Bluerover78 said:

Not a bad idea, I like the idea of wearing away colours more as above poster said, a bit like manure do with the green and gold scarves. People need to know what the protest is against though, is it Bulletproof Tony and Waggot, or Venkies as well.

I don't understand supporters who just walk away completely, not really supporters in my eyes ( nothing stopping you going away games only). Don't forget it's Our Club and Town, I certainly will not be pushed out of my home town club by clueless owners or employees only there for a wage. 

A protest with a common goal with All fans pulling in the same direction will ask more questions of those at the top. In the unlikely event we do get back to the premiership any time soon I hope those that have walked away for good don't come crawling back. Support for your club should be through good times and bad.

I do like this idea as a way to protest against the owners. 

@Stuart is on the money with the need to get rid of the Coventrio before they can come up with another scheme to sell off Rovers assets. And its a good plan for the immediate problem.

However, our overall problem has always been the owners, every decision they make is to the detriment of Rovers either on or off the field. It never seems like they have short, medium or long term plans/aims. The structure of the club set up is abysmal and getting transfers over the line seems to take an ice age because they have to sign it off.

But this is our football club and we should still be able to go to Ewood on a Saturday and watch the team play, without fear of supporting the terrible regime that runs us. 

Everyone getting red and black scarves or wearing that red and black away kit we used to have (or any other agreed colours) would be a great way to attend and show our protest against the owners.

Edited by davulsukur

29 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

You are legitimising the regime by financially supporting it. True fans that bleed blue and white won't support the destruction of Jack's legacy (see I can do the emotive BS too)

Lots of fans have walked away over the last ten years. Fans that have probably watched more Rovers games than you, home and away. You aren't special. 

I can see that lots of fans have walked away in droves, I also saw lots come crawling out the woodwork for the Oxford game. I wonder how many would turn up at Wembley should we make the play off final.

10 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I do like this idea as a way to protest against the owners. 

@Stuart is on the money with the need to get rid of the Coventrio before they can come up with another scheme to sell off Rovers assets. And its a good plan for the immediate problem.

However, our overall problem has always been the owners, every decision they make is to the detriment of Rovers either on or off the field. It never seems like they have short, medium or long term plans/aims. The structure of the club set up is abysmal and getting transfers over the line seems to take an ice age because they have to sign it off.

But this is our football club and we should still be able to go to Ewood on a Saturday and watch the team play, without fear of supporting the terrible regime that runs us. 

Everyone getting red and black scarves or wearing that red and black away kit we used to have (or any other agreed colours) would be a great way to attend and show our protest against the owners.

Couldn't agree more, it's always a case of locking the stable door after the horse has bolted with them. I would swap them in a heart beat for an Andy Holt of Stanley. Wouldn't need to have bags of cash just an honest owner who engages with the fans and has the best interest of the club at heart. I really have no idea what Venkies get out of owning us.

I can see that lots of fans have walked away in droves, I also saw lots come crawling out the woodwork for the Oxford game.

That's pretty much exactly what Waggott said after the Oxford game. You think along similar lines, whilst missing the point entirely. 

I wonder how many would turn up at Wembley should we make the play off final.

How many turned up at the FMC final? People turn up to see success at every club in the world. Rovers are no different. That still doesn't mean genuine fans who have watched more games than you ever will haven't walked away in disgust. Maybe they just have higher standards than you and can't bear seeing the club and Jack's legacy being systematically destroyed. 

3 hours ago, Bluerover78 said:

Please don't play the 'not really supporters' card. It's divided the fanbase when used from either angle (by those going and by those boycotting), and quite frankly it just isn't your business to tell anyone else whether they're a true supporter. You don't know their history, their passion, how much time and money they spend or have spent on the club, their motivations, or anything about them. 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Bluerover78 said:

Couldn't agree more, it's always a case of locking the stable door after the horse has bolted with them. I would swap them in a heart beat for an Andy Holt of Stanley. Wouldn't need to have bags of cash just an honest owner who engages with the fans and has the best interest of the club at heart. I really have no idea what Venkies get out of owning us.

That, is the £200m question.

It certainly isn't to benefit Blackburn Rovers Football Club, is the only answer I can give.

22 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

That's pretty much exactly what Waggott said after the Oxford game. You think along similar lines, whilst missing the point entirely. 

How many turned up at the FMC final? People turn up to see success at every club in the world. Rovers are no different. That still doesn't mean genuine fans who have watched more games than you ever will haven't walked away in disgust. Maybe they just have higher standards than you and can't bear seeing the club and Jack's legacy being systematically destroyed. 

I agree in part with what you say regarding success and attendances, but for a supporter to totally walk away from their own club due to these imposters seems wrong in my eyes. Fair enough don't give em your hard earned dosh but there's nothing wrong with attending a few away games, supporting the lads and protesting in other ways. The sad part is new supporters could be lost forever if they get out of the habit of spending Saturday afternoons away from Ewood, which could take decades for the club to recover from.

Fair play for trying but sorry I fail to see much impact from this.

Surely the bulk of sales are on kids sizes? Kids are still going to want them, unless they've lost interest over the past year or so. I do wonder though who's name kids would get on the back or their shirt right now, not many heroes out on that pitch especially with Dack sidelined and Armstrong probably off 🤔 When I was a kid it was bloody hard choosing just 1 player!

Then you'll get the usual Facebook Mowbrayites etc and people who want to wear their colours on a sun lounger in Benidorm - should restrictions ease anyway.

Not sure the financial impact of a few people off BRFCS making a vow not to purchase one, how many off here even do anyway?

An on the pitch protest is the only way for me I'm afraid, obviously that's a bit more intimidating though to most! In theory you don't need huge numbers to disrupt a game of football - 1 person can for a brief period.

20 hours ago, Bluerover78 said:

I agree in part with what you say regarding success and attendances, but for a supporter to totally walk away from their own club due to these imposters seems wrong in my eyes. Fair enough don't give em your hard earned dosh but there's nothing wrong with attending a few away games, supporting the lads and protesting in other ways. The sad part is new supporters could be lost forever if they get out of the habit of spending Saturday afternoons away from Ewood, which could take decades for the club to recover from.

?

The reaction to this thread, on this site in particular, sums up why we are stuck on this situation and why nothing is going to change.

To summarise: “Nobody is going to stop me giving Waggott my money, not even for something that I don’t need”.

Well that’s absolutely fine but never ever complain about him or Mowbray because none of you are prepared to do the bare minimum, even worse you will actually actively oppose even the most simple of protest ideas with such crap as “well, my kids want a shirt so don’t tell me what to do”.

Which is also the reason why we have kids growing up the way they are, in a world the way it is: they aren’t taught about sacrifice or standing up for anything. Just keep your head down, don’t speak up about anything and I’ll buy you stuff.

Expectations dumbed down, no attachment to anything at the club, and nobody cares anymore.

I’ve absolutely no problem with someone telling me that this protest won’t change anything, it is symbolic and a show of feeling (or would have been if anyone had any feeling left) but I’ve not seen anyone come up with anything else other than hopelessness. And I’m seen as being negative!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Fair play for trying but sorry I fail to see much impact from this.

Surely the bulk of sales are on kids sizes? Kids are still going to want them, unless they've lost interest over the past year or so. I do wonder though who's name kids would get on the back or their shirt right now, not many heroes out on that pitch especially with Dack sidelined and Armstrong probably off 🤔 When I was a kid it was bloody hard choosing just 1 player!

Then you'll get the usual Facebook Mowbrayites etc and people who want to wear their colours on a sun lounger in Benidorm - should restrictions ease anyway.

Not sure the financial impact of a few people off BRFCS making a vow not to purchase one, how many off here even do anyway?

An on the pitch protest is the only way for me I'm afraid, obviously that's a bit more intimidating though to most! In theory you don't need huge numbers to disrupt a game of football - 1 person can for a brief period.

This is why I don't think any of this is a good idea. No matter how good your intentions, you'll get some knuckle-draggers (Blackburn has more than its fair share) behaving like the thugs they are. Cue the wider football world dismissing any concerns as those of a minority of morons. We are not Man Utd. The media can afford to upset our fans as has been proven before.

Besides which, football is a sport. A hobby. No matter what anyone says, it isn't actually life and death. Breaking the law by trespassing or threatening others (staff members affected etc) because you don't enjoy your hobby at the moment is not the act of a rational person. We obviously all care about the current shambles but I imagine most care about a criminal record more. I know I do.

For the record, I would normally buy a shirt but not this season. Unless it's an ebayer who's managed to get some gear where the club don't get a cut.

Could we not print some T-shirt’s or hoodies using jacks image with a message along the lines of this is what proper ownership looks like and then sell them. Wear them at the game as a protest , jacks face on them would help shift them and all profit could go to the kids hospital as not only good publicity but a worthy cause 

• Like 2