BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2021/22 Pre-Season

On the face of it, Bolton away is a brilliant fixture. Should be cheap, it’s local, and we will get a decent allocation. As it looks like it’ll be one of the first games for almost 18 months, I suspect a sellout (despite everyone on here saying they aren’t going again under TM - myself including) & hopefully a good day on the beers.

Added benefit of rubbing it into Bolton that they’re hosting us in a PSF, because they’re shit.

To be fair to the club (if they organised it rather than being approached), it’s a great bit of planning.

A sell out? Of what allocation? We’ve not sold out in the league there for years.

And even in the PL days we didn’t usually take many to friendlies. As an example, we’d often play at Deepdale and only take a thousand or so. Similar at Accy. 

Get your point about being post lockdowns, but there is still a big malaise around the club... now Fylde, as a new ground, I’d imagine will generate more interest...

• Like 4

AFC Fylde are the nearest club to where I live.

1 hour ago, CheshireRover said:

On the face of it, Bolton away is a brilliant fixture. Should be cheap, it’s local, and we will get a decent allocation. As it looks like it’ll be one of the first games for almost 18 months, I suspect a sellout (despite everyone on here saying they aren’t going again under TM - myself including) & hopefully a good day on the beers.

Added benefit of rubbing it into Bolton that they’re hosting us in a PSF, because they’re shit.

To be fair to the club (if they organised it rather than being approached), it’s a great bit of planning.

People said they weren't buying season tickets under Mowbray. That doesn't mean not going. 

2 hours ago, CheshireRover said:

Carefully does it, as we aren't much better. one division now separates us and with a possible relegation fight next season, we could be joining them in league one soon. Nit to mention we are £200 million in debt and they settled theirs ( maybe in a dubious way) and started again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, matt83 said:

I think bolton as a football club are in a far better position than rovers. Better financially, United fanbase, heading upwards. Wouldn’t be surprised if this time next year they’ll also be in a higher division.  

2 minutes ago, matt83 said:

I think bolton as a football club are in a far better position than rovers. Better financially, United fanbase, heading upwards. Wouldn’t be surprised if this time next year they’ll also be in a higher division.  

A better squad ? I don't think so.

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

A sell out? Of what allocation? We’ve not sold out in the league there for years.

And even in the PL days we didn’t usually take many to friendlies. As an example, we’d often play at Deepdale and only take a thousand or so. Similar at Accy. 

Get your point about being post lockdowns, but there is still a big malaise around the club... now Fylde, as a new ground, I’d imagine will generate more interest...

You may be right but everyone I’ve spoken to today thinks it’ll be great. Though I have just been told that the Beehive got ruined in the Horwich flood. Touch unfortunate.

7 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Don't get your hopes up about tickets for any friendly especially Bo!ton.

Remember Roque Santa Cruz debut at Deepdale Mattyblue?....some 5,000 Rovers fans outnumbering Preston.

I am not convinced we will be watching the first home game of next season , let alone friendlies away from home ...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Remember Roque Santa Cruz debut at Deepdale Mattyblue?....some 5,000 Rovers fans outnumbering Preston.

Of course we’ve taken decent followings from time to time for friendlies when there’s a buzz. Look at Rangers the other year.

But even if allowed in, a game at Middlebrook Retail Park the way things are currently? 

Edited by Mattyblue

21 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Would also expect a game against Fleetwood. The Grayson and Dunn connection there. Unless Grayson is miffed we've let his lad go.

He should be thankful we spent the money we did on him for 10+ years....what a waste of a place in the academy. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • K-Hod pinned this topic