BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2021/22 Pre-Season

On 24/07/2021 at 16:27, simongarnerisgod said:

whats the point of playing possesion football if your players ar`nt good enough,ffs,it`s blazingly obvious that it does`nt work

Bloody well agree change the tactics to suit the players we have 

• Like 1

On 24/07/2021 at 16:20, JohnGo said:

No, Venus is the one that wants possession based football

Are you sure of this?As even going back as far as Mowbrays West Brom days he spoke of playing a possession game?And it was him repeatedly saying he wanted to change from knocking it long into Graham to a more possesion based game?

• Like 1

On 24/07/2021 at 17:32, 4000Holes said:

Bloody well change the management to get the best out of the players

That’s obvious for anyone to see, but of course the fans matter very little in this project, so carry on regardless. 

• Like 4

On 24/07/2021 at 16:34, islander200 said:

Are you sure of this?As even going back as far as Mowbrays West Brom days he spoke of playing a possession game?And it was him repeatedly saying he wanted to change from knocking it long into Graham to a more possesion based game?

it`s not against the laws of the game to mix it up now and again,even the great liverpool sides of the 80`s and fergusons man utd went direct when it suited them,i feel like going to brockhall and shouting through a megaphone at the isolating idiot "your tactics are ****"

On 24/07/2021 at 16:34, islander200 said:

Read my posts in the Tony Mowbray thread. From a senior coach at the Rovers. There’s possession for possessions sake and there’s a more direct approach, like Man City.

On 24/07/2021 at 16:57, JHRover said:

Few pennies will be dropping over the next few days as to what a mess this club is in. 

Not sure they will.  Management, that is top management in India, need to be aware of the situation.  Even if they are aware that we played and lost today, I can hear the excuse to them now, coming from an isolated house in Teeside.  Not me gov, I was isolating, if only I had been there.

• Like 2

Few pennies will be dropping over the next few days as to what a mess this club is in. 

Not a mess at all according to Chaddy on the transfer thread :S 

It definitely looks like a mess today. That’s pretty much our strongest line up. 

On 24/07/2021 at 17:05, Ricky said:

Not a mess at all according to Chaddy on the transfer thread :S 

It definitely looks like a mess today. That’s pretty much our strongest line up. 

Well apart from Travis, Brereton, Gallagher, Dolan. And when/if they return from injury, Wharton, JRC and Dack.

• Like 3

Not in Pune, the boardroom or in the managers office it won’t.

Plenty of possession; not a clue what to do with it. Where have we seen that before? And no doubt we’ll be seeing it another 40 odd times this season.

Never felt this flat as a Rovers fan going into a new season.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

On 24/07/2021 at 17:18, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Not in Pune, the boardroom or in the managers office it won’t.

Plenty of possession; not a clue what to do with it. Where have we seen that before? And no doubt we’ll be seeing it another 40 odd times this season.

Never felt this flat as a Rovers fan going into a new season.

I’ve never done it before but at 8 to 1 the odds on us going down are very tempting.

• Like 3

The owners have been badly advised according to some posters on here, thankfully I can offer some good advice:

**** *** back under the rock and sell the club.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 9