Jump to content

BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Recommended Posts

On 24/07/2021 at 17:27, Gav said:

The owners have been badly advised, thankfully I can offer some good advice:

**** *** back under the rock and sell the club.

Yes but they have run it down so far it is not saleable.  They would have to transfer it for nothing and write off all debts.

Dont think that will happen

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 24/07/2021 at 17:31, 4000Holes said:

Yes but they have run it down so far it is not saleable.  They would have to transfer it for nothing and write off all debts.

Dont think that will happen

They'll be off setting a lot of our losses against other profits, it won't be all bad for them...they have had a phenomenal 12 months of sales across their other businesses we don't scratch their surface...

Such a shame we have a toss pot of a manager....if they could just trip up over a decent one by accident they'll probably spend loads in the Prem 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rovers: Kaminski (Stergiakis, 75), Nyambe (Magloire, 75), Lenihan (c) (Carter, 46), Ayala (Annesley, 75), Pickering (Cirino, 75), Davenport (Garrett, 62), Buckley (Nolan, 75), Rothwell (Weston, 75), Chapman (Gilsenan, 75), Butterworth (McBride, 62), Armstrong (Vale, 62).

Assuming Armstrong is going, then even with Travis, Dack , Gallagher and Wharton added to that squad it looks paper thin to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 24/07/2021 at 14:30, oldjamfan1 said:

I understand the point you are making but that’s a stretch to be honest. Kaminski, Nyambe, Lenihan, Ayala, Pickering and Davenport are all better than League 2. If we could guarantee that 11 started every game in the championship we would probably be mid table. 

Like I say,  league 2 team beaten by a league 2 team.☹

I'm worried 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 24/07/2021 at 18:25, 1864roverite said:

Prelude to a pitiful season ahead of you ask me. Maybe a seriously negative fan reaction at home v Swansea will make the penny drop.

God help us on Wednesday but then again a heavy defeat by Leeds will also help the Mowbray out campaign

Can't expect to compete against a huge premier League club like Leeds.

Can i have a quid everytime the above gets trotted out?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 24/07/2021 at 17:41, OldEwoodBlue said:

When Bolton beat us next week hopefully it might stop the happy clappers saying "we need Venkys....do you want us to end up like Bolton?"

we could drop into the north west counties and it would be worth it just to get rid of venkys,swag and moggasaurous

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 24/07/2021 at 17:35, Crimpshrine said:

Rovers: Kaminski (Stergiakis, 75), Nyambe (Magloire, 75), Lenihan (c) (Carter, 46), Ayala (Annesley, 75), Pickering (Cirino, 75), Davenport (Garrett, 62), Buckley (Nolan, 75), Rothwell (Weston, 75), Chapman (Gilsenan, 75), Butterworth (McBride, 62), Armstrong (Vale, 62).

Assuming Armstrong is going, then even with Travis, Dack , Gallagher and Wharton added to that squad it looks paper thin to me.

There’s nothing to say that either of Dack and Wharton will reach their previous levels. They were two very serious injuries. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 24/07/2021 at 17:36, Sparks Rover said:

Like I say,  league 2 team beaten by a league 2 team.☹

I'm worried 

I’m worried too mate but despite today’s scoreline to describe that starting eleven as a league 2 team is hyperbolic. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know it was only a pre season friendly yada yada, but.....

With the aforementioned players being unavailable, as things stand, it's not beyond the realms that we could be fielding that side in league games.

There's not a tackle in them and they could well and truly get a hammering.

Edited by Wheelton Blue
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 24/07/2021 at 17:59, oldjamfan1 said:

I’m worried too mate but despite today’s scoreline to describe that starting eleven as a league 2 team is hyperbolic. 

Also known on this forum as absolute Bunkum.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 24/07/2021 at 17:25, 1864roverite said:

God help us on Wednesday but then again a heavy defeat by Leeds will also help the Mowbray out campaign

Awful isn't it,only pre season but belief and optimism going down the shitter already.

There is going to be a lot of unrest coming our way.

 

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 24/07/2021 at 17:59, oldjamfan1 said:

I’m worried too mate but despite today’s scoreline to describe that starting eleven as a league 2 team is hyperbolic. 

I'm not so sure, that was the best starting eleven we could field today and I'd say apart from the defence, only two of the others Rothwell and Armstrong could be described as established first team players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 24/07/2021 at 17:36, Sparks Rover said:

Like I say,  league 2 team beaten by a league 2 team.☹

I'm worried 

If we had won 5-0 would you be saying Mowbray is a wonderful manager - or more realistically, it is pre-season and doesn't mean a great deal.

I am trying not to read too much into the result as it is all about the first match against Swansea - however todays match day squad does show how short we are in certain positions. It is interesting - as other than Elliott and Harwood Bellis we haven't really lost a lot from the 11 that departed - but we still need at least two or three first team players plus a couple of back ups.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 24/07/2021 at 18:14, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

If we had won 5-0 would you be saying Mowbray is a wonderful manager - or more realistically, it is pre-season and doesn't mean a great deal.

I am trying not to read too much into the result as it is all about the first match against Swansea - however todays match day squad does show how short we are in certain positions. It is interesting - as other than Elliott and Harwood Bellis we haven't really lost a lot from the 11 that departed - but we still need at least two or three first team players plus a couple of back ups.

“ I’m trying not to read too much into the result “…

is exactly the reason we are in this bloody situation… you’ve written Mowbray’s post match comment …I say , “comment “ because the man is incapable of “ analysis “

When , oh when will we ever learn 🤬

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 24/07/2021 at 18:14, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

If we had won 5-0 would you be saying Mowbray is a wonderful manager - or more realistically, it is pre-season and doesn't mean a great deal.

I am trying not to read too much into the result as it is all about the first match against Swansea - however todays match day squad does show how short we are in certain positions. It is interesting - as other than Elliott and Harwood Bellis we haven't really lost a lot from the 11 that departed - but we still need at least two or three first team players plus a couple of back ups.

It would be true to suggest that the likes of Holtby, Evans and Downing all were not players who would have given us value for money and therefore it was correct to let them all go. That being said, especially the first 2 would have walked into that side today ahead of the likes of Davenport and Buckley based on current ability. People are seemingly expecting breakthrough seasons from both based solely on their age rather than any justified signs in the first team. Same with Butterworth in attack, he needs loaning out really.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 24/07/2021 at 15:52, alex l said:

The pen was a complete mess at the back, not what you'd expect of 2 senior pros. 

Patterns of play same as last season, across the back, trying to get full backs up, but not working today. 

Butterworth is struggling to get involved and when he has it's not come off. Only relative positive is Chapman willing to take on his man and having some joy. 

How would it be any different to last season though? Mowbray said the performances were great, so why would he change things? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 24/07/2021 at 18:14, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

If we had won 5-0 would you be saying Mowbray is a wonderful manager - or more realistically, it is pre-season and doesn't mean a great deal.

I am trying not to read too much into the result as it is all about the first match against Swansea - however todays match day squad does show how short we are in certain positions. It is interesting - as other than Elliott and Harwood Bellis we haven't really lost a lot from the 11 that departed - but we still need at least two or three first team players plus a couple of back ups.

Nor am I, there is plenty more to look at as to why we are in trouble. See my post above 

2 wins out of 17 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It isn't the result that is the issue really as we know pre season is just pre season. 

However it's the same old red flags flashing up with the same old issues. Defensive cock ups by experienced defenders, rancid football based soley on possession stats.

Not scoring and rarely troubling the opposition keeper and basically being beaten easily by a fitter looking, more organized looking, more up for it side.

Those are the real issues you can't just hide behind it's all about fitness in every game. It really isn't it's about tactics, gelling, shape and all the rest as well.

It's bobbins as usual.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 24/07/2021 at 18:01, Wheelton Blue said:

I know it was only a pre season friendly yada yada, but.....

With the aforementioned players being unavailable, as things stand, it's not beyond the realms that we could be fielding that side in league games.

There's not a tackle in them and they could well and truly get a hammering.

Do you think todays starting line-up, will be the team that starts against Swansea ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.