BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2021/22 Pre-Season

On 24/07/2021 at 20:22, bazza said:

I hope you're right, Gav. 

I'm more interested in the odds against us getting relegated.

Coral have us finishing 12th to 14th. 13/2 against us being promoted!!

So do you stand by your earlier quote, that we will be by far the worst team in the championship next season ?

Edited by rigger

On 24/07/2021 at 19:57, Bigdoggsteel said:

That is worrying. I think he has lost the players

You can just imagine him being too stubborn to accept any blame for last season and the players losing what respect they had for him. 

There can't have have been many (if any) fans, coaches, players, even Mowbray himself, who believed he would still be in the job when the season ended, after such a horrific run towards the end.

You could imagine that some of the players were a little disheartened to see him still in the job when they reported back for pre season training.

Edited by davulsukur
  • Like 3

On 24/07/2021 at 20:18, neophox said:

Very poor today by an ok rovers side. The players played today should Ask thenselves some questions... I am really concerned with two weeks to go. Qpr beat Man Utd 4-2. We lost to forth division Bantams we lost.. even with Armstrong we could struggle as long Mowbray. Venus and Lowe is all around.

No we will struggle. Venkys are the problem but for some strange reason refuse to get involve in the practicals. They just deal with the financials. Mowbray should have been long gone by now.

Other than a couple of freebies and an inexperience loanee on the bench along with Gally & Ben who will not be match fit, I can't see the team sheet for the opening game against Swansea being any different. Armstrong won't play due to developing a mysterious injury, the real reason being the lads in the office are still hopeful of selling him.  

This thread is quite busy for an opening friendly so expect a recording breaking number of pages for the first home game. 

"We want Mowbray OUT, we want Mowbray Out...."

On 24/07/2021 at 20:34, rigger said:

So do you stand by your earlier quote, that we will be by far the worst team in the championship next season ?

Yes. Why is it so important to you?

• Like 1

On 24/07/2021 at 20:51, Uddersfelt Blue said:

IMO its a little early to be making bold predictions as a lot can happen between now and the end of the transfer window BUT our current squad is paper thin and if as is likely, we lose Arma then I can’t see where the goals will come from. 

Well, we do have a full back by the name of Pickering.🤔

• Like 1

I am worried to hear that Lowes after match comments seem to emphasise how badly things appear to be behind the scenes. He is worried about having a team ready for Swansea! It’s 2 weeks away we should be ready and we should have the players.

Failing to plan is planning to fail. Rovers are set up for relegation, ruin, further ffp penalty, fire sale of everything that can be sold and then perhaps even worse to follow with administration 🤬🤬

• Like 1

On 24/07/2021 at 20:15, arbitro said:

I went to Bradford today and the performance aside the real worry for me was what Armstrong and Rothwell did after being substituted. Neither sat with the other players and staff on the bench but instead walked half the length of the pitch and sat on the steps outside the changing room well away from everybody else connected with Rovers. Now I might be reading too much into it  but it really looked like neither of them wanted to be there.

Anybody championing Chapmans cause will be in for a shock. He was our worst player today, that really is saying something in a sea of mediocrity.

I can say for sure they dont like David Lowe.. 

On 24/07/2021 at 22:35, rigger said:

I cannot understand, if you are so convinced, why you will not give me odds, that we stay up next season.  

'Cause I'm not a bloody bookmaker. Neither am I a betting man.

Why not ask Mercer.

On 24/07/2021 at 22:46, Paul Mellelieu said:

A poor result from a poor performance from reports and it does feel like dangerous times.  Thank god we don't support Man United who got beat at the lowly QPR today....

My next door neighbour does. He will be quiet at least.

On 24/07/2021 at 22:45, bazza said:

'Cause I'm not a bloody bookmaker. Neither am I a betting man.

Why not ask Mercer.

Because Mercer didn't say that we are going to be by far the worst team in the championship next season.