BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2021/22 Pre-Season

1 minute ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I’d love to get an understanding of what morale is like in the camp right now. I can’t see huge personalities like Dack being happy with this chums Mulgrew and Rothwell being out of the door. ‘Club captain’ Benno gone too. We’ll see how the early games pan out, but my bet is they know we’re goosed this season.

I was thinking this too. I know Dack is good mates with Rothwell, Evans, Mulgrew - all gone or going. Armstrong best mates with Rothwell. Other senior players who were popular out the exit door, instead relying on the kids.

Some might say that's the way of things in professional football and I understand that, but there comes a point where the remaining players must get mightily fed up and downbeat about the future watching the direction things are going.

All the while the same dreary old management team keeps on repeating the same old mistakes.

Why would anyone want to hang around?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Riverside under the drip said:

Bought from Rovers' website, advertised as neutral commentators. I get two Leeds commentators talking about 'us' and mocking the absence of home fans. Thanks Roverstv.

Penny might drop at some point that Leeds are only famous in their own back yard these days.

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

I was thinking this too. I know Dack is good mates with Rothwell, Evans, Mulgrew - all gone or going. Armstrong best mates with Rothwell. Other senior players who were popular out the exit door, instead relying on the kids.

Some might say that's the way of things in professional football and I understand that, but there comes a point where the remaining players must get mightily fed up and downbeat about the future watching the direction things are going.

All the while the same dreary old management team keeps on repeating the same old mistakes.

Why would anyone want to hang around?

i would think the main point in lack of morale and apathy is the management team,judging by some of the performances by the players and mowbray in the last 18 months there is no leadership on or off the pitch,certainly no culpability in anyone

2 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

I honestly think 3-5-2 is the way forward and would welcome the formation change, JRC, Nyambe and Pickering are all good wingback options. Where was it at Bradford though?

be a bit silly to start armstrong and dolan together agaisnt swansea,you need a bit of height up there imo,could be big ben who starts with armstrong

23 minutes ago, Riverside under the drip said:

Bought from Rovers' website, advertised as neutral commentators. I get two Leeds commentators talking about 'us' and mocking the absence of home fans. Thanks Roverstv.

One of those is Bryn Law. Welshman who absolutely loves Leeds. Spent 20 odd years working for Sky trying and failing to pretend he was neutral. Looks like he's moved to a job where he can let his colours shine through.

30 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

where is gallagher??something going on i think,could have rebelled against the mowbray regime,a la rothwell,tonights side is a f****g joke by the way,with 10 days left until the first game of the season we are lining up with a side that i think is the smallest iv`e ever seen,we are going to get blown away in the hurly,burly championship

Gallagher just started training with the group this week so not ready yet. As I said before.. Rothwell not featuring.. Armstrong playing.

Just now, Bethnal said:

Fair credit to Magloire on his forward runs, he’s doing good work there and looks an energetic defender.

I seem to recall Magloire having Vardy in his pocket last preseason only to be immediately shipped out and never get another chance.

You know full well we could beat Leeds 8-0 and Tony would still play a bunch of City/Liverpool youngsters above them at the first opportunity. 

• Like 4