BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2021/22 Pre-Season

3 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

Are tickets available on the day tomorrow at Bolton? Will be interesting to see how are young side play against less quality teams.

I doubt it will be the same young side. Or the same formation.

53 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

Are tickets available on the day tomorrow at Bolton? Will be interesting to see how are young side play against less quality teams.

Rovers have said they will be from the away turnstiles

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

Can someone post this on the bolton site, I used to wind them up years ago, talk about illusions of grandeur and chips on shoulder.....

They used to consider us the main rivals, I used to point out thats actually Bury.

So just 14 hrs before kick off and we still don’t know if the game tomorrow will be on Rovers TV or not?? This is Blackburn Rovers we are taking about here, we are a big club. What the actual f#%^ is going on at this club? Wondering if Administration might be the best medicine, everything is wrong.

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 7

56 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

So just 14 hrs before kick off and we still don’t know if the game tomorrow will be on Rovers TV or not?? This is Blackburn Rovers we are taking about here, we are a big club. What the actual f#%^ is going on at this club? Wondering if Administration might be the best medicine, everything is wrong.

The real test is home to Swansea.

Let's see how that is "produced" and at what cost.

Awaiting authorities? Horse shit.

I note that the full replay of the Leeds game is not on the Rovers site. Leeds copywright?

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Pre season or not, the fact we can't shift anywhere near 1500 tickets for Bolton away shows the level of apathy/disengagement the fans feel. 

TMs blue and white army was sung in the Leeds match, indicating some fans may still support him. Very worrying.

18 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Unfortunately it seems the majority that still bother going are the "club, Mowbray and venkys can do no wrong types"

Thoroughly depressing.

I’d say it’s deeper than that. 

I’ll use my dad as an example, he’s always been a glass half empty type, saw Venky’s as an existential threat almost straight away. I can remember him post that West Ham game at Ewood in the snow very early on under Kean saying the ‘club is in danger here’. Walking up Bolton Road after Wigan saying ‘I’ll never see us in the PL again’. Post Brentford, ‘there won’t be a Rovers in a decade’s time’

So, you’d imagine such a fella would be aghast with what’s happened over the past couple of years? Not a bit of it, now he seems to just accepted that we are now a non event of a football club, he had a go at the fans for not buying STs, he won’t have a word said against Mowbray. He’s not alone, most of my away match crew are of the same mind.

These owners have done far more harm than just driving thousands away, they’ve lowered expectations and standards across the board - and it’s why Brockhall will eventually be flogged off with minimal protest.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

Tell me about it. The communication from the club is at an all time low and it's not just in relation to streaming. I don't know what the heck is going on down there, but they are acting like a tinpot outfit.

I'm looking forward to watching the game tomorrow but have no idea if Rovers TV are even streaming it. Having to visit the opposition's website just to find out if I can watch it is ridiculous.

Expected a headline about "u23 Win Cup" but nope - just "report Rovers u23 vs Wigan u23".

Ok fine - Lancashire cup isn't the biggest event but ffs it is still a Title that should be mentioned as most would skim past it thinking it was a pre-season u23 training exercise...

Absolute shit show of an organisation where the first team manager denigrates the "kids" in the local propaganda rag on the same day as they win a Cup!🤬

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Roverthechimp said:

Expected a headline about "u23 Win Cup" but nope - just "report Rovers u23 vs Wigan u23".

Ok fine - Lancashire cup isn't the biggest event but ffs it is still a Title that should be mentioned as most would skim past it thinking it was a pre-season u23 training exercise...

Absolute shit show of an organisation where the first team manager denigrates the "kids" in the local propaganda rag on the same day as they win a Cup!🤬

A back to back cup win, and our twentieth.

3 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Unfortunately it seems the majority that still bother going are the "club, Mowbray and venkys can do no wrong types"

Thoroughly depressing.

So what, they’re still fans? Does it matter if they’re more optimistic than you or would it be better if no one went? Can’t stand this attitude. I’m fed up with what’s happening at the club as well but criticising those who are actually trying to cheer the team on is hardly helping.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gav said:

I think this is a lazy characterisation and way off the mark with respect. 

I'm looking forward to the next trip to Ewood, nobody hates Venkys more than me, be assured of that, but I spent far to long boycotting and being angry, it got me nowhere. I don't have a problem with the manager, he wouldn't be in post if we had proper owners and proper people running the club, same for the past 10yrs of mediocrity, he shouldn't be here, but that won't stop me watching the team.

I support the football club, its in the blood, I'm sure plenty more feel the same and shouldn't be slagged off for doing so.

Really Gav ?

With respect for me highlights the issue  completely and saddens me entirely, especially when it comes from those like your good self who I only met through Rovers  and has the Blue n White running through them.   

In context  'slagging' off is probably touche' in response to  your 'lazy characterisation' as I'm  certain there is no intention of that , and would say probably more envious feeling of you and the same of others  that you can still tolerate what is happening to be able to still attend...as I certainly can't 

Mow boringbray  and crew for me are the ones that need to go first if not only for the turgid happenings at base level and the team to try and resurrect more interest for absent fans. We know the underlying issue is the buffoons in Pune but that as as we have found out to our cost is a different can of worms; but to also  have the most boring hypocritical,drab and potentially 'dangerous manager and motley crew I have ever known at the club it is really a bigger than ever concern.

I certainly can't stomach what is going on, even from the simplicity what we just see on the pitch as find it just so boring and frustrating just like the goon that is controlling it.

As we all know the club is in a mess still but my hat goes off to you and others for being able to overcome this.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ulrich said:

TMs blue and white army was sung in the Leeds match, indicating some fans may still support him. Very worrying.

Is it? At least they’re turning up and trying to support the team. Reading this thread is so depressing. Fans criticising other fans for chanting and in the same breath criticising the club for low attendances.

We’re all aware of the problems, no one is trying to excuse what’s happened over the last 10 years but wallowing in it isn’t going to make a difference. At some point you just need to get behind the team on the pitch and not criticise fans who just want to turn up and support their club on a weekend.

Life is too short. 

Edited by magicalmortensleftpeg
  • Like 3