BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2021/22 Pre-Season

51 minutes ago, matt83 said:

What are the rules with regards to away fans?

There is one area of allocated seating for away fans in the West stand. I had no problem today getting a seat in the home fans seating area. There maybe some away seating tickets left, but today the seating area was blanked out on line. so you may have to phone the club direct, or go in person to get a seating ticket. they asked me for a post code. the bloke in front of me said he didnt have a postcode, they were happy with an E-Mail address instead.

Fylde have announced their pre-season friendly with Barnsley has been called off due to restrictions imposed by the health ministry. They have not made a decission about our game and tickets are still on sale. It looks like anyone going will have to have proof of a negative covid test

9 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Going to be called off.

https://www.afcfylde.co.uk/barnsley-friendly-postponed/

Was always obvious small clubs won't be able to afford the admin of checking away fans have had a negative test. Rovers will be the same when the rules come out.

No away fans. No walk ons. ST only with double vax and matchday tests.

Isn't this just because this game is before the July 19th date of restrictions ending?

2 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Isn't this just because this game is before the July 19th date of restrictions ending?

You have seen all the pilot events right... the Euro games at Wembley.... the conditions of entry ?

They ain't doing that to rip up the restrictions in 2 weeks.

It will be attendance with conditions.

Conditions need Administration.

Administration costs time & money.

11 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

You have seen all the pilot events right... the Euro games at Wembley.... the conditions of entry ?

They ain't doing that to rip up the restrictions in 2 weeks.

It will be attendance with conditions.

Conditions need Administration.

Administration costs time & money.

Isn't the point that around 40 tickets had been sold for the Barnsley game (home & away fans) and the Blackburn game is over 300? Meaning they couldn't afford the stewards for the 1st fixture but they're hoping they can for the 2nd?

Barnsley Friendly Postponed | AFC Fylde

Fylde AFC - ... this afternoon the Club has now received a directive highlighting the need for a mandatory negative Covid test to be evidenced for entry into the stadium. To comply properly, this would require extensive planning to implement this system, which is not possible for a club of our size, and therefore regrettably we have had to postpone the (Barnsley) match.

Also Fylde AFC - we will provide an update early next week regarding the Blackburn Rovers fixture, but in the meantime, tickets will remain on sale for this game. 

Rovers match tickets still on sale? Fylde must be planning on becoming a bigger club between the Barnsley game and the Rovers game. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Barnsley Friendly Postponed | AFC Fylde

Fylde AFC - ... this afternoon the Club has now received a directive highlighting the need for a mandatory negative Covid test to be evidenced for entry into the stadium. To comply properly, this would require extensive planning to implement this system, which is not possible for a club of our size, and therefore regrettably we have had to postpone the (Barnsley) match.

Also Fylde AFC - we will provide an update early next week regarding the Blackburn Rovers fixture, but in the meantime, tickets will remain on sale for this game. 

Rovers match tickets still on sale? Fylde must be planning on becoming a bigger club between the Barnsley game and the Rovers game. 

Think our game for Fylde is much bigger than the Barnsley game, Local game, Saturday afternoon. 

Maybe it was a case of they couldn't afford to do it for both games and it made sense to keep the bigger one on. I think it will go ahead.

On 03/07/2021 at 11:04, JoeH said:

Isn't the point that around 40 tickets had been sold for the Barnsley game (home & away fans) and the Blackburn game is over 300? Meaning they couldn't afford the stewards for the 1st fixture but they're hoping they can for the 2nd?

The 300 for our game, are just the standing tickets sold. There are also the tickets sold in the seating area. So Fylde may push for an exemption, as they need the money. I just hope AFC Fylde are quicker at giving us the information next week. If it was the Rovers it would not be until friday night before we found out.

Edited by rigger

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Any particular reason they are training in Stirling of all places with facilities that look worse than ours?

I have no idea why the club need to go away from our Brockhall training base. 

I can see the benefit of an overseas training camp in Austria for 10 days or so but with current restrictions in place what's the point? 

They had planned to go overseas, Portugal I believe, but that hasn’t panned out due to Covid. So instead they have gone to the University of Stirling because it was about one of the only places with availability at short notice.

So for no reason at all, the powers that be are wasting money, using vastly inferior facilities to those we have at Brockhall (remember Mowbray telling us he didn’t want players training on artificial surfaces as they cause injuries when they wrecked the Ewood pitch), and going to Scotland even though I’m pretty sure visitors from Blackburn were banned by Nicola Sturgeon.

• Like 2

(v)exercise outdoors, provided that the exercise—

(i)is not organised, and

(ii)starts and ends at the same place, which place must be—

(aa)in the local government area in which the person lives, or

(bb)within 5 miles of such local government area,

(w)where the person is a professional sportsperson, or the coach of a professional sportsperson, coach, train or compete,

Covered twice - (w) and (v)(i) ;)

I have just spoken to the ticket office at Fylde, The game will be on, but spectators will have to show proof of a negative covid test. The person I spoke to is going to ask their manager if that is true and exactly what proof is required. When they phone back I will post the outcome.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 4

I have just received a call from AFC Fylde they confirm that the game will be on and that spectators will have to show proof of a negative lateral covid test. They are going to try to set up a facility where you can arrive at the ground early and take the test there. This facility is not definitely going to be available They will announce progress on this facility or if the requirements change during the week.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 2