BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2021/22 Pre-Season

• Moderation Lead
33 minutes ago, JohnGo said:

Why? Tell all of us why you pull posts. I’ve had two taken down by you this evening. Nothing too contentious in the posts. Let us all know why you’re pulling them.

Because we run the site in our own time, for free, make the decisions and that’s the process we want you to follow? 

Do you really think that saying ‘HR is filled by incompetent, self centred morons’ isn’t contentious? Like really?

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

Because we run the site in our own time, for free, make the decisions and that’s the process we want you to follow? 

Do you really think that saying ‘HR is filled by incompetent, self centred morons’ isn’t contentious? Like really?

Are we not allowed contentious? Jeez man.🤷‍♂️

You're in danger of sanitising it a bit too much.

7 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Sparks, a man after my own heart. I agree that posts that are disrespectful to posters should be pulled, but generalised comments about are OWN experiences are another matter. That’s why it’s like 1984.

• Moderation Lead
8 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Contentious is allowed, sure.

But JohnGo thought there was nothing contentious in his post, so I pointed him in the direction of what was.

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, JohnGo said:

Sparks, a man after my own heart. I agree that posts that are disrespectful to posters should be pulled, but generalised comments about are OWN experiences are another matter. That’s why it’s like 1984.

It’s nothing like 1984, don’t be so melodramatic. The vast majority of posters have never had a post hidden on here.

Besides, the mods will decide what stays and what goes, thanks!

Anyhow, pre season….

• Like 3

3 hours ago, K-Hod said:

It’s nothing like 1984, don’t be so melodramatic. The vast majority of posters have never had a post hidden on here.

Besides, the mods will decide what stays and what goes, thanks!

Anyhow, pre season….

Who mods the mods?

• Backroom
9 minutes ago, JohnGo said:

Who mods the mods?

J*B and the law, I guess.

I'm genuinely a bit baffled you think saying 'HR is filled by incompetent, self centred morons’ wouldn't be removed.

Partly because there's a good chance people on this site do that job (turns out there are several), and you're deliberately (and pointlessly) antagonising them.

Partly because the wider basis of the forum guidelines = don't be a dick. I'd personally argue that your statement, unprovoked, is a good example of flouting that mantra.

You in particular could do with being less aggressive in posting style towards others. You might think it's a bit 'snowflakey', but that's why we still function as a welcoming site for new members, and better quality discussion.

Rather than sweeping derogatory generalisations which are designed only to be snide.

27 minutes ago, Mike E said:

J*B and the law, I guess.

I'm genuinely a bit baffled you think saying 'HR is filled by incompetent, self centred morons’ wouldn't be removed.

Partly because there's a good chance people on this site do that job (turns out there are several), and you're deliberately (and pointlessly) antagonising them.

Partly because the wider basis of the forum guidelines = don't be a dick. I'd personally argue that your statement, unprovoked, is a good example of flouting that mantra.

You in particular could do with being less aggressive in posting style towards others. You might think it's a bit 'snowflakey', but that's why we still function as a welcoming site for new members, and better quality discussion.

Rather than sweeping derogatory generalisations which are designed only to be snide.

So it’s okay to slag off employees of the Rovers like wanker Waggott, or to call Mowbray fucking delusional but the poor sensitive souls that are our HR colleagues can’t have a real experience told.

1 hour ago, JohnGo said:

So it’s okay to slag off employees of the Rovers like wanker Waggott, or to call Mowbray fucking delusional but the poor sensitive souls that are our HR colleagues can’t have a real experience told.

At least you are learning. "Every day is a school day".

• Backroom
2 hours ago, JohnGo said:

Take it or leave it. As I said early, if you heed by 'don't be a dick' (in the sense of being malicious) you'll likely never have a post removed unless it's collateral related to a quoted post needing to be removed etc.

Give it a try, it'll make your posts stay, it'll make us mods spend less of our free time mopping up after you, and it'll keep the forum readable for all members 👍

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

For the avoidance of doubt for anyone else, so we can draw a line under all this and get back to pre season chat.

We moderate according to the rules and terms and conditions of the site that you have all agreed to. If you have a post hidden, it’s because you’ve contravened the above.

For the last time, if you want to query a post being hidden, PM a mod, or ask the question in ask admin, any further posts contravening this in the threads will be hidden. 

• Like 2