BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2021/22 Pre-Season

• Moderation Lead
12 hours ago, JoeH said:

I have two spare tickets for the Fylde game. One that I have myself and another which a friend of mine is looking to get rid of. If anyone is in need, feel free to organise picking it up off me on the day

Yes mate, are these two still available?

11 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Yes mate, are these two still available?

Sorry, somebodies taken them on Twitter. Will keep an eye out for you.

There are many aspects of the club that you could argue are in disarray. A "Rovers 11" fixture being cancelled is not really one of those, not a first team friendly. Unsure why a game v Wigan is behind closed doors though if that is true.

When will Leeds tickets information be released? 

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

There are many aspects of the club that you could argue are in disarray. A "Rovers 11" fixture being cancelled is not really one of those, not a first team friendly. Unsure why a game v Wigan is behind closed doors though if that is true.

When will Leeds tickets information be released? 

We don't have a game for 10 days, where we could be playing at a ground making some revenue.

Not having a first team game for 10 days is awful prep and shows the state of the club. I genuinely don't think the above can be disagreed with.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

We don't have a game for 10 days, where we could be playing at a ground making some revenue.

Not having a first team game for 10 days is awful prep and shows the state of the club. I genuinely don't think the above can be disagreed with.

I would agree in that I have wondered myself why we are having a 2 week gap between our first 2 friendlies. I did wonder if there is a game behind closed doors, and if @JHRover is correct in saying that we have a game behind closed doors at the weekend v Wigan, then that would make sense from a fitness perspective and indeed it wouldn't be "awful prep" that "shows the state of the club" after all, 5 friendlies seems perfectly normal. Saying that, Wigan are playing Oldham at the weekend so I do wonder when any game with them is, although after the first game in pre-season, having 2 games on the same day is very common with the first team squad split into 2. But either way, if we are having any fixtures behind closed doors this weekend, in terms of preparation, then that completes the pre-season as I did find the gap a little curious.

Addressing your point about revenue, thats a more genuine point but even then, we tend to only play Premier League clubs at Ewood in pre-season, it would be very rare for us to host a lower league team in the second match of pre-season at Ewood, so would that be our decision? So then you look at the likely revenue of a friendly against testing costs etc, and maybe it has not been deemed worthwhile on our opponents behalf to open the game to the public just prior to "freedom day." Wigan v Oldham is being played behind closed doors for example.

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I would agree in that I have wondered myself why we are having a 2 week gap between our first 2 friendlies. I did wonder if there is a game behind closed doors, and if @JHRover is correct in saying that we have a game behind closed doors at the weekend v Wigan, then that would make sense from a fitness perspective and indeed it wouldn't be "awful prep" that "shows the state of the club" after all, 5 friendlies seems perfectly normal. Saying that, Wigan are playing Oldham at the weekend so I do wonder when any game with them is, although after the first game in pre-season, having 2 games on the same day is very common with the first team squad split into 2. But either way, if we are having any fixtures behind closed doors this weekend, in terms of preparation, then that completes the pre-season as I did find the gap a little curious.

Addressing your point about revenue, thats a more genuine point but even then, we tend to only play Premier League clubs at Ewood in pre-season, it would be very rare for us to host a lower league team in the second match of pre-season at Ewood, so would that be our decision? So then you look at the likely revenue of a friendly against testing costs etc, and maybe it has not been deemed worthwhile on our opponents behalf to open the game to the public just prior to "freedom day." Wigan v Oldham is being played behind closed doors for example.

Personally think we should be having at least 2 games a week for genuine match fitness.

It seems like a lot of teams are struggling for pre-season friendlies, and most clubs are staying in the UK, including all bar three Premier League clubs.

If you didn't think we were playing many, Brighton only have one currently scheduled and Chelsea, Man City and Southampton only have two scheduled.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2161724

I guess that if nearly everyone is staying in the UK, trying to find teams to play on dates that suit both clubs is going to be slightly more difficult than usual.

8 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I wonder what "operational and internal issues" we have that prevent us sending a team of kids up to Gateshead?

Not enough players?

Not enough kit?

Can't afford the coach fare?

No money to put in meter so kit can't be washed until next week when Waggots missus is back from visiting relatives 👍

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

I wonder what "operational and internal issues" we have that prevent us sending a team of kids up to Gateshead?

Not enough players?

Not enough kit?

Can't afford the coach fare?

There's a  Covid related closure at the Academy I think, that may be the issue.

Could be a lot more specific in our press release though.

11 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

There's a  Covid related closure at the Academy I think, that may be the issue.

Could be a lot more specific in our press release though.

I can see football being decimated by Covid. Delta variant plus removal of rules will mean far more self isolation than we previously seen.

Government hide behind the vaccine - but it doesn't stop you getting it (or passing it on) as I have found myself. 

• Like 1