BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2021/22 Pre-Season

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would think that would be more than acceptable. Given that you are sit around and its recommend that you wear a mask when on the concourse. m

Yes I know the Lateral flow test shows the results but you are meant to register the results. I have had to this with having a child in school and with me working at the company I do the decision to do weekly tests. Which last Monday show me as positive so booked an immediate PCR test which gave me my results within 13 hours and 10 days of self isolating. 

well if clubs and players take sensible careful precautions then we should limit the postponed games 

Really the club should have provided far more clarity.

Can you do a lateral flow test at home and register the result, or does it have to be a specific one? Is it even enforceable or just recommended to do a test? So many unanswered questions.

Having to go to a test centre for example would be a right ball ache and put a lot of people off. Doing tests at home would be much easier.

Easier said than done, the virus is so rife at the moment and we have seen with cancellations that there will be plenty of infections.

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Can you do a lateral flow test at home and register the result, or does it have to be a specific one? Is it even enforceable or just recommended to do a test?

Yes you can. Like I said I have to do that with having a child in school and I decide to do them weekly with my step daughter and the job I do. Then register the result online with the NHS. Result doesn't matter but its the first time, it came back positive last Monday. 

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I emailed before and they have just replied. You will not need to show any proof at the turnstiles so it is a case of strongly advising a test rather than demanding evidence. Doing a lateral flow from home will be sufficient.

Sensible to do one a before the game and couple of days later. 

I won't be at the game as I am on holiday in the UK but I hope the day/game goes smoothly. 

If football clubs, on anywhere else for that matter accept showing them a text from the NHS as proof of a negative test there's really no point bothering and I understand that's what Fylde did. I have genuine texts and it's SO easy to just edit this for the relevant date etc.

5 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

If football clubs, on anywhere else for that matter accept showing them a text from the NHS as proof of a negative test there's really no point bothering and I understand that's what Fylde did. I have genuine texts and it's SO easy to just edit this for the relevant date etc.

If someone was that way inclined if you register those lateral flow tests at home can enter whatever result you want anyway then scan the test barcode thing as confirmation. Re fylde it’s just occurred to me that although I did a lateral flow test at work the Friday before nobody asked to see it on the day. 

4 hours ago, matt83 said:

If someone was that way inclined if you register those lateral flow tests at home can enter whatever result you want anyway then scan the test barcode thing as confirmation. Re fylde it’s just occurred to me that although I did a lateral flow test at work the Friday before nobody asked to see it on the day. 

I went to the T20 game at headingly yesterday and we were told we must provide evidence of a negative test otherwise they wouldn't let us in.

Did my test the day before, reported on the government website, downloaded and signed up the NHS app, got my covid pass.

No one even bothered to ask any of us (7 in our group) about a covid test and just let us all in anyway.

2 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Just like pretending to scan the reader at the pub when you go through the door.......

It's the same at my local Cinema,thay ask you to scan the barcode on entry but they never check that you have done.

In spite of the bad press they get I think those lateral flow things are very good. I have to get tested Monday, Wednesday and Friday at work and I know you can get 2 ‘positive’ lines with lemon juice, lucozade, etc but a month or so ago to my surprise I tested positive on one. So booked a proper Pcr test which was also positive.

Didn’t have one solitary symptom before, during or after. If I hadn’t taken that lateral flow test with what I initially had planned I’d have been spreading that all over the shop. Even pre vaccines from everybody else I know who’s had it in my age range with no health issues symptoms range from nothing to at worse a bad hangover but it’s never been about us it’s more about not giving it to people who are more vulnerable.

So as things gradually get to normality have to hope the general public are able to do the right thing. Do tests with or without symptoms before events. I have my doubts people will though. 

• Like 7

8 hours ago, matt83 said:

So as things gradually get to normality have to hope the general public are able to do the right thing. Do tests with or without symptoms before events. I have my doubts people will though. 

Rovers in a play off final and the lateral flow test says positive 7 days before. Hmmm.

(yes i know it's unrealistic us being there)

Edited by Hasta

1 minute ago, DeeCee said:

I'm still wearing a mask and trying to keep distance between "strangers" no doubt there will be a spike shortly down here, Newquay yesterday.......

Absolutely crazy 👎

0_Fistral-Beach-2.jpg

The restrictions have been lifted, why shouldn't people go out and enjoy themselves?

Not really sure this is the right place for a covid discussion anyway

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Kie_BRFC said:

The restrictions have been lifted, why shouldn't people go out and enjoy themselves?

Not really sure this is the right place for a covid discussion anyway

Your right, wrong thread, my point still stands though.

Been in Devon and Cornwall all week, beaches were busy but people still have others ample space. It’s outside, uv rays are high so very little chance of passing any virus on.

People need to take some personal responsibility 😂 explain that to today’s youth who do not know the meaning of the above or of respect😂

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

We've been given an allocation of 1,500 for the Bolton game, apparently. 

Can we turn the last 5 mins of this game into a Mowbray out fest?

That's gives all the apologists (and the rest of us) 85 minutes to "enjoy" being there... but we need to voice ourselves early and often this season. 

Wonder if there has ever been "manager out" chants in pre-season?

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Can we turn the last 5 mins of this game into a Mowbray out fest?

That's gives all the apologists (and the rest of us) 85 minutes to "enjoy" being there... but we need to voice ourselves early and often this season. 

Wonder if there has ever been "manager out" chants in pre-season?

Yes. At Kilmarnock with the lying lip-licking Scottish crook at the helm, despite us winning the game either 4-1 or 5-1.

2 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Been in Devon and Cornwall all week, beaches were busy but people still have others ample space. It’s outside, uv rays are high so very little chance of passing any virus on.

That was Jonathon Van Tam was saying yesterday during the press conference.