BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 21/22

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

Well done Parker and Bournemouth.

When it came to the crunch they came through, unbeaten in last 7 games gathering 13 points - some bottle job that!

Don't give a monkeys what they spent - from what I've seen, well coached with good organisation and playing very good football.

They will be back down again next season, probably along with Fulham and whoever wins the play-off's. 

More parachute payments boing boing boing... Football is buggered IMHO. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

They will be back down again next season, probably along with Fulham and whoever wins the play-off's. 

More parachute payments boing boing boing... Football is buggered IMHO. 

fulham will be ok with a few new players,im`e of the opinion there are poor teams in the premier league,you can survive with the right transfers and gameplan,brighton have done ok,so have burnley,the real challenge is getting into the top half imo

11 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

fulham will be ok with a few new players,im`e of the opinion there are poor teams in the premier league,you can survive with the right transfers and gameplan,brighton have done ok,so have burnley,the real challenge is getting into the top half imo

Tbf Bournemouth survived quite a while in the epl before howe lost the plot near the end. Parker has alot to live up to but they can easily survive again. Fulham also. Of the 4 playoff teams forest have by far the best chance of staying up. Although Sheffield utd If they make the playoffs would stand a chance.  Luton Huddersfield on the other hand would struggle badly

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Tbf Bournemouth survived quite a while in the epl before howe lost the plot near the end. Parker has alot to live up to but they can easily survive again. Fulham also. Of the 4 playoff teams forest have by far the best chance of staying up. Although Sheffield utd If they make the playoffs would stand a chance.  Luton Huddersfield on the other hand would struggle badly

So let's say Norwich are already relegated as are Watford then a choice of Everton, Burnley and Leeds United. 

Who do you see in the Premier league bottom 3 end of next season or thereabouts? 

Just now, Aqualung said:

So let's say Norwich are already relegated as are Watford then a choice of Everton, Burnley and Leeds United. 

Who do you see in the Premier league bottom 3 end of next season or thereabouts? 

Luton/Huddersfield if they go up. Burnley if they stay up this season and depending on how they start I know I said they could do ok but Fulham or Bournemouth as it all depends on who invests better if not them then possibly Everton or maybe a shock like Southampton

The two teams, who by a country mile have the most expensive squads got promoted. 

No surprises there.

Nobody is allowed to spend what the relegated teams can. Unless you want to risk FFP 

Edited by 1874

And if we look into League One it is a similar story. Rotherham, Sheff Wed and Wycombe went down last year = in the top 6 this. Wigan big spenders and were in the Championship recently. Sunderland big spenders and in the Championship recently. 

Once upon a time you'd get a few small clubs coming through - when we were in League One Shrewsbury and Scunthorpe mounted an automatic promotion push.

Clubs with parachute payments next year

3 Yrs

Third relegated team

2 Years 

Norwich, Watford  only get 2 years as they came straight back down

Sheff Utd provided they don't win playoffs will be in the 2nd of 3yrs payments

1 year

West Brom in final year  as they only got 2 years

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 1874 said:

The two teams, who by a country mile have the most expensive squads got promoted. 

No surprises there.

Nobody is allowed to spend what the relegated teams can. Unless you want to risk FFP 

Financial fair play unless you’ve just been in the PL, in which case do whatever you want.

It needs scrapping or heavily revising.

• Like 1

It is also unfair that the remainder of Fulham's and Bournemouth's parachute payments are shared out to the Premier League clubs.

Surely this should be given to the EFL clubs

Edited by 1874
  • Like 7

I'm not sure where to put this as the Hull postponement seemed to be in a previous life. I kept on chasing Rovers and finally have an answer (of sorts) although this reinforces once again my opinion is that the football authorities don't give a toss about the fans. Make of it what you will. This is the response:

RE: RE: RE: RE: Hull City v Blackburn postponement

Christina Haines
9 May
Show details

Good Morning Tony

Apologies for the delay in replying, please see the response from the EFL below;

“Apologies for delay but we needed to get the Board approval for our overall approach around Covid postponements, but we have that now. 

We have investigated this matter and have received detailed submissions from Hull City.

Having reviewed the information provided, the EFL has concluded that it would not have a reasonable prospect of succeeding in the event that it brought a charge against Hull City, given that there is a lack of evidence to indicate that the Club failed to comply with the Return to Play Protocols.

The challenge that presents itself in this case is that Clubs were not operating under strict Covid Protocols as had been the case in season 2020/21. Almost all breaches we have been able to establish were linked to those protocols, and once they were relaxed it becomes almost impossible to show the Club was at fault. The late diagnosis of confirmed positive cases relative to available squad made the postponement inevitable, albeit frustrating for us, our broadcast partners, your Club and the travelling supporters.

I’m sure that your fan group will want detailed answers to a number of questions, however as I am sure you can appreciate we are limited in what we can share with other Clubs due to confidentiality reasons.”

• Like 1

arbitro - I got a copy of that from the club last week whilst I was away and it was on my list to post it. Steve Waggott mentioned at the last Forum that he had just got a response from the EFL and he described it officially in the minutes as "vague and disappointing".

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, only2garners said:

arbitro - I got a copy of that from the club last week whilst I was away and it was on my list to post it. Steve Waggott mentioned at the last Forum that he had just got a response from the EFL and he described it officially in the minutes as "vague and disappointing".

thanks John.. I sincerely hope that one of the outcomes of the fan led review is that the authorities are more accountable to the fans. I have had several dealings with them down the years and they just pay lip service despite all the white noise about caring about supporters.

To put the reply in context I asked at the Forum on 19/4 whether the club had had any response to their complaint about the Millwall game postponement. The response from Steve was no, but I've just had a response about Hull after 4 months!

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I'm watching this Luton v Huddersfield Playoff Semi-final with my head in my hands.

This is nothing more than two committed clubs giving it a go. The standard is terrible. How the hell did we mess it up so badly?!

bloody criminal imo,though we might have struggled with forest,the other three are easily beatable,at the risk of repeating myself,tony threw it away in january not signing a centre forward

• Like 2

Forest should comfortably win these play-offs. They should have beaten Sheff Utd by far more than 2-1 yesterday. 

Sheff Utd, Luton and Hudds are so poor. As the poster says above, criminal that Forest are the only decent team out of the four and yet we still couldn’t make the play-offs despite being 2nd at the turn of the year. 

• Like 5

• Backroom

Problem is we were only better than any of the teams above us for a couple of months. Before November we were no better, and after January we were quite literally the worst team in a division devoid of any real quality outside of Fulham. In a way I'm thankful we didn't get top six, as there's no way we would have gotten promoted via the playoffs and it could have extended Mowbray's agonising tenure. Dropping out of contention entirely with such an abysmal run of form made the decision obvious to anybody with the club's best interests at heart. Unfortunately that doesn't include the owners, who are worryingly tasked with the next hire.  

• Like 3