BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 21/22

26 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I just expect to see prices like that now.

I suppose they seem almost reasonable  when you consider JWU tickets for the thankfully now retired ‘Cat A+ ‘ games at Ewood were £45 in the JWU.

So both prices are rip-offs.

On 18/05/2022 at 09:36, GHR said:

4,000 Holes listed them all recently. From next season it'll be ourselves, Accy, Colchester, Crawley, Hartlepool, Ipswich and Port Vale (though Vale may get there yet this season). Stockport County I don't think have been there either, plus perhaps whoever wins that play off (it's at West Ham this year).

Only team in the top 44, and one of only two teams with any sort of presence and success in the domestic game is quote some going from Rovers!

... and we can also remove Port Vale! We're now one of six, or one of seven depending on who wins the National League play-off...

(Thanks for all the Stockport corrections, that had completely passed me by, but in my defence it was a while ago!)

3 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Just dropping down a league and looking on enviously at Sunderlands monstrous support....an average crowd of nearly 31,500 and some 47,000 fans at Wembley today.

I mean there's literally nothing else to do up there - and no other teams around them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I mean there's literally nothing else to do up there - and no other teams around them. 

To be fair to their support, it can’t have been easy to stay with your team with some years in League1, when the Magpies with their dirty Saudi money are flaunting it on your doorstep. The Stadium of Light will be a daunting away fixture next season. 

1 minute ago, Ianrally said:

To be fair to their support, it can’t have been easy to stay with your team with some years in League1, when the Magpies with their dirty Saudi money are flaunting it on your doorstep. The Stadium of Light will be a daunting away fixture next season. 

A good friend of mine is a Sunderland fan. I’ll be going up there next season with him all being well.

• Like 1

On 19/05/2022 at 22:46, GHR said:

... and we can also remove Port Vale! We're now one of six, or one of seven depending on who wins the National League play-off...

(Thanks for all the Stockport corrections, that had completely passed me by, but in my defence it was a while ago!)

All these posts complaining that we haven't been to the new Wembley amaze me. Would you have preferred us to have visited the new Wembley for a play-off final instead of getting automatic promotion from League One just to tick a box? We may have lost there as well.

I'd like to see our visit there for an FA Cup final or League Cup final. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, bazza said:

All these posts complaining that we haven't been to the new Wembley amaze me. Would you have preferred us to have visited the new Wembley for a play-off final instead of getting automatic promotion from League One just to tick a box? We may have lost there as well.

I'd like to see our visit there for an FA Cup final or League Cup final. 

What a bizarre post.

I was merely responding the poster who originally brought up the point with an actual list. I would like to think it's an interesting bit of trivia whatever way you want to interpret it. 

For what it's worth I've been to the new Wembley and I think it's shit. It should have been flogged for housing, England should tour the country to actually take the game to the masses, and finals should be held at vastly the many vastly superior club grounds around England.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, GHR said:

What a bizarre post.

I was merely responding the poster who originally brought up the point with an actual list. I would like to think it's an interesting bit of trivia whatever way you want to interpret it. 

For what it's worth I've been to the new Wembley and I think it's shit. It should have been flogged for housing, England should tour the country to actually take the game to the masses, and finals should be held at vastly the many vastly superior club grounds around England.

I know where you are coming from mate but alas, none of the grounds you want to host England matches or finals or semis have the capacity of Wembley. Money talks and the FA takes. Plus they dictate ticket prices. 

As an aside, I've never been to the new stadium ( only visited on the outside), the area around there is unrecognisable to when I last visited v Leicester. 

Spent a few nights in the cannabis towers Hotel there whilst taking my wife and her kids on a London tour. 

Fucking dump of a place IMHO.