BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 21/22

2 hours ago, GHR said:

What a bizarre post.

I was merely responding the poster who originally brought up the point with an actual list. I would like to think it's an interesting bit of trivia whatever way you want to interpret it. 

Not getting at you GHR personally but just responding to all those who are aggrieved that Rovers have never been to the new Wembley.

11 hours ago, Aqualung said:

I know where you are coming from mate but alas, none of the grounds you want to host England matches or finals or semis have the capacity of Wembley. Money talks and the FA takes. Plus they dictate ticket prices. 

As an aside, I've never been to the new stadium ( only visited on the outside), the area around there is unrecognisable to when I last visited v Leicester. 

Spent a few nights in the cannabis towers Hotel there whilst taking my wife and her kids on a London tour. 

Fucking dump of a place IMHO. 

Oh I realise I am definitely being wishful; I just look at the women's national team and see them playing at the likes of Norwich, Middlesborough and Wolves and think what a good idea it is to take it to the people - if you're a kid growing up on Tyneside it's highly unlikely you'll ever get the time or money for a day out a Wembley, but say a qualifier v. Andorra at the Stadium of Light? I accept finals and meaningful England fixtures are a different thing altogether mind.

I used to on occasion work in that corner of London; the area around the stadium, as with a lot of major cities, is a very strange mix of expensive new apartments and shops and old, run down equivalents practically right next door. I find the stadium and area a bit soulless myself, it literally just looks like a massive computer generated image with no character or anything. 

10 hours ago, bazza said:

Not getting at you GHR personally but just responding to all those who are aggrieved that Rovers have never been to the new Wembley.

Sorry, I was definitely a massive arsehole with the nature of that reply. The point about automatic promotion is a fair one, but I think it still demonstrates how practically every other team in the 92 has had some form of 'big day out' or similar over the past 15 years. Our single promotion aside, it feels a little bit like we've just existed rather than lived in the same timeframe.

• Like 1

Sunderland a decent away day but then again we rarely take many to Middlesbrough which is similar.

If Wycombe had come up every man and his dog would want to go as it would have been a new ground for most following Rovers.

Waggott will also be hoping Leeds come down then he can have the return of the annual hand Ewood Park over to the away club routine.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Waggott will also be hoping Leeds come down then he can have the return of the annual hand Ewood Park over to the away club routine.

Yeah but he could make Burnley a category A++ home game, and also charge £15 for the compulsory coach to the away game.

West Brom are seemingly signing John Swift on a free according to John Percy on Twitter. Excellent signing and along with a fit again Dike they should have a much bigger goal threat, plus they have been linked with Jed Wallace.

Steve Bruce is a bit of a weird one, so many aspects of his management especially tactically are questionable but you cant argue with his track record at this level. In a league with very little quality, I would be surprised if they dont make the top 6.

• Like 4

On 21/05/2022 at 21:40, Aqualung said:

I know where you are coming from mate but alas, none of the grounds you want to host England matches or finals or semis have the capacity of Wembley. Money talks and the FA takes. Plus they dictate ticket prices. 

As an aside, I've never been to the new stadium ( only visited on the outside), the area around there is unrecognisable to when I last visited v Leicester. 

Fucking dump of a place IMHO. 

The Challenge Cup Final is at Spurs’ new stadium this year, instead of Wembley. I’ve been to the new Wembley on three occasions, all Challenge Cup Finals watching Wigan and I’ve got to say, I think the stadium is superb. Wembley, the area of London, is a grade A sh!thole though.

From what I’ve seen of the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on tv, it looks very nice and I’m looking forward to visiting. Probably the best stadium in the country in my opinion, certainly of the new builds.

2 hours ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

The Challenge Cup Final is at Spurs’ new stadium this year, instead of Wembley. I’ve been to the new Wembley on three occasions, all Challenge Cup Finals watching Wigan and I’ve got to say, I think the stadium is superb. Wembley, the area of London, is a grade A sh!thole though.

From what I’ve seen of the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on tv, it looks very nice and I’m looking forward to visiting. Probably the best stadium in the country in my opinion, certainly of the new builds.

Hope you've not paid for your tickets....

They are giving them away for free.

On 26/05/2022 at 18:21, roversfan99 said:

West Brom are seemingly signing John Swift on a free according to John Percy on Twitter. Excellent signing and along with a fit again Dike they should have a much bigger goal threat, plus they have been linked with Jed Wallace.

Steve Bruce is a bit of a weird one, so many aspects of his management especially tactically are questionable but you cant argue with his track record at this level. In a league with very little quality, I would be surprised if they dont make the top 6.

Good signing by them overall but they will need a few good signings to make them good enough to promotion challenges. 

It will interesting to see how Bruce sets them up formation and tactically. 

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Good signing by them overall but they will need a few good signings to make them good enough to promotion challenges. 

It will interesting to see how Bruce sets them up formation and tactically. 

Its not a very good league in terms of quality hence why teams like Luton and Huddersfield made the play offs. Bruce is no tactical expert but he has a good record of promotions and with Swift signed, Dike back fit and potentially Wallace to come, im sure they fancy their chances.

• Like 3

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Its not a very good league in terms of quality hence why teams like Luton and Huddersfield made the play offs. Bruce is no tactical expert but he has a good record of promotions and with Swift signed, Dike back fit and potentially Wallace to come, im sure they fancy their chances.

That was last season but who knows what this season will be quality wise. Some clubs will have bigger budgets if key player are sold, 4 or 5 new managers at this levels, etc. 

On Bruce, I meant will he go 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 next season and will he have sell certain players to balance the books 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

That was last season but who knows what this season will be quality wise. Some clubs will have bigger budgets if key player are sold, 4 or 5 new managers at this levels, etc. 

On Bruce, I meant will he go 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 next season and will he have sell certain players to balance the books 

I suspect that the quality will continue to decline with the gap between the Premier League and Championship growing and finances allowing the better Championship players to be swallowed up quickly.

Fulham were miles better than everyone else. Bournemouth also had a very good squad and would have gone up more comfortably with a good manager. And im not too sure how the relegated sides will do but Burnley have lost their key asset in Dyche and Norwich come down with a lot of crap players.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

I suspect that the quality will continue to decline with the gap between the Premier League and Championship growing and finances allowing the better Championship players to be swallowed up quickly.

Fulham were miles better than everyone else. Bournemouth also had a very good squad and would have gone up more comfortably with a good manager. And im not too sure how the relegated sides will do but Burnley have lost their key asset in Dyche and Norwich come down with a lot of crap players.

We have to see at the start of the season and now is not the time to judge. 

Norwich squad is more than decent for championship and its will be interesting to see what changes Dean Smith makes there. 

On Burnley, Alot will depends on what their next manager will do, budget there, how many players renew their contracts and what signings they make, etc

On 26/05/2022 at 22:30, Sparks Rover said:

Hope you've not paid for your tickets....

They are giving them away for free.

From what I understand, it was a glitch in the system. They were offering a couple of hundred tickets to armed services personnel etc. and for a short while, anyone else was able to buy the tickets for nowt. Since been sorted. 😆

On 26/05/2022 at 18:21, roversfan99 said:

Swift, the player I was told would definitely go to a lower/mid PL club in January?

17 hours ago, Darrenbot said:

Might just be me but i think Forest will win easily by 2 or 3 goals.

Ye, it says a lot about the standard when the betting headlines are all about Jordan Rhodes scoring....busted flush years ago that lad.  Huddersfield are complete bang average just like the league....Forest will be inconsolable if they fuck this up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Ye, it says a lot about the standard when the betting headlines are all about Jordan Rhodes scoring....busted flush years ago that lad.  Huddersfield are complete bang average just like the league....Forest will be inconsolable if they fuck this up.

Form over last 25 league games. Bang average.

IMG_20220529_131954.jpg

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If Hudds don’t go up who would you like to see at Rovers from their team ?

I don’t know because I don’t watch them. But you can’t get more points than everyone else in the league over 25 games at the crunch-end of the season if you are ‘completely bang average’. 

21 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I don’t know because I don’t watch them. But you can’t get more points than everyone else in the league over 25 games at the crunch-end of the season if you are ‘completely bang average’. 

They are shit.  Sorry the league is crap....Best chance for a while gone

• Like 2