BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 21/22

The good thing is that Moss is being crucified in the press and on social media.

No doubt he will move on to a cushy number in the extremely well paid referee management ''you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours'' circles for a job well done.

A cheat, pure and simple. This was not down to just having a bad day, even the VAR pleb was in on the con.

Football stinks, and just to give some balance I can't stand Huddersfield, but such blatant cheating needs to be called out.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

And hes a Leeds fan too...lives in Leeds...interesting appointment.....maybe he was down to do it from the beginning of season 

He's retiring so i guess it was a one last big game for you from the refs boss.

• Like 1

• Backroom
47 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

He's retiring so i guess it was a one last big game for you from the refs boss.

Very much this I think.

But it gets even worse because he's getting promoted to the refs board of control I think.

Some people claiming that's why the VAR bottled it. Didn't want to overule someone who will basically be his boss next season.

Absolute shambles.

To have not one, but two, penalty clangers not even pulled for review by VAR is inexcusable. 

Clattenburg raised concerns earlier in the week that are looking quite prohetic now:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10847013/amp/MARK-CLATTENBURG-Jon-Moss-appointment-Championship-play-final-odd-one.html

• Backroom

For perspective on what was achieved (for those of us too young to remember):

Imagine if Cooper and Forest win the PL next season, and win the CL the year after that.

That's what Brian Clough did.

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Imagine if Cooper and Forest win the PL next season, and win the CL the year after that.

Unbelievable achievement. That won't be repeated in a hurry by any Championship side again, if ever.

I wasn't around to see Brian Clough at his best, but I love listening to the stories about him from former players and colleagues who worked with him. Some of his quotes are brilliant.

"I wouldn't say I was the best manager in the business. But I was in the top one". 😂.

There are too many to choose from.

I'm pleased to see Forest to go up, even though it wasn't in the best of ways with those decisions that went for them. That's one historic club back in the big league. One more to go!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mike E said:

… and then the CL again.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

And hes a Leeds fan too...lives in Leeds...interesting appointment.....maybe he was down to do it from the beginning of season 

He is actually a Sunderland supporter although he does live in Leeds.

I really don't understand the lack of involvement by VAR for both penalty shouts. The very reason it was brought in was to make right major errors by the on field referee and they don't come any bigger than a Championship playoff final. Whilst Moss is getting the flak and abuse Tierney, the VAR is the most culpable here. In real time I can understand Moss not giving them but the major failing here is VAR and the PGMOL will undoubtedly hide behind the 'clear and obvious error' which is ambiguous to say the least. How much more of an error can it be when Moss actually cautions the Huddersfield player for simulation when it should be a penalty?

I've said before, with the benefit of being involved for high on two decades that the refereeing world at times is almost Masonic and it's getting worse. Yesterday Corberan and Cooper had to face the press and would have been asked about the game including errors by their players. Mike Riley or one of the senior management team should have done so yesterday.

• Like 4

The second one was an absolute stone waller. Check out the defenders reaction at the time - look to the ref, hands in the air, he knows he’s as guilty as sin.

I’d still be as sick as a parrot if I were a Hudds fan this morning. VAR was surely brought in for the final to get those massive decisions right?!

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Laurence Bassini. The top tier blagger that he is. How on earth is he passing any test?!

Pretty sure I heard Kieran maguire say gold or Sullivan, one of the ex Birmingham now West Ham lot has helped with some clever use of cash