BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 21/22

23 hours ago, rigger said:

But if the rules come in, and you want to go to a game you should take a test and it should be negative.  If you don't want to go. then don't bother. Simple really. 

Depends on how much the test costs. Fine if its free. Spread has been shown to be minimal to non-existent in outdoor settings. Some common sense needed. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DE. said:

When we were in the PL under the likes of Souness, Hughes and Allardyce we never wrote off games against big teams at home. We made them fight for any and every point taken away from Ewood Park and I'm sure no big club fancied facing us at Ewood.

We shouldn't fear any team in this league on our own turf. Unfortunately the attitude we require to achieve this kind of mentality comes from the top, and we have a manager who makes it seem like we should be thankful to be in the presence of the bigger teams, let alone take the game to them. 

I posted something to this effect last week. We've never over achieved with Mogadon.   When he took over, had plenty of chances to keep us up but failed....he struggled to get us up when we should have walked League 1, no upsets while he's been in charge, bottled it every time we get near top 6, just a generally shit manager who has been a very lucky fucker to get his hands on this club. 

Mowbray Out.

• Like 7

So many hailed Hughton when Forest got him. Talked about how much better than Mowbray he is as a coach. They’ve got a far bigger budget than us and just look at how dross it is…

28 minutes ago, JoeH said:

So many hailed Hughton when Forest got him. Talked about how much better than Mowbray he is as a coach. They’ve got a far bigger budget than us and just look at how dross it is…

Probably because he has an excellent track record of success at this level, was hardly some baseless idea with a comparative underachievement of a manager who himself is doing a poor job.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Probably because he has an excellent track record of success at this level, was hardly some baseless idea with a comparative underachievement of a manager who himself is doing a poor job.

Personally think it was a pretty lazy suggestion at the time. Rather than people assessing the kind of football he plays and whether it would work with the type of players we have in terms of age, experience, style and ability, it was just "anyone but Mowbray".

Just now, JoeH said:

Personally think it was a pretty lazy suggestion at the time. Rather than people assessing the kind of football he plays and whether it would work with the type of players we have in terms of age, experience, style and ability, it was just "anyone but Mowbray".

Nonsense, if it was anyone but Mowbray, then so many people wouldn't have specifically mentioned one individual, makes no sense.

He has done a poor job at Forest, but success at 4 different places prior suggest that he doesn't need to be pigeon holed as a particular type of one dimensional manager only capable of working with a certain type of players regardless, and it doesn't mean that he might not have done a better job here.

Your theory assumed that there is no scope for recruitment either. To be fair, does our squad have much to work with for anyone at the moment? Needs a revamp regardless.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Spot on, beat me to it Joe.

• Like 1

Hughton didn't have a plan B or any reaction to his team when Moore came on and changed the game. He has never had a Plan B or the ability to change games during his managerial career. No emotional when Cardiff took the lead. It was coming as soon as Cardiff scored the first. 

I have never been the biggest fan of his football and find it dull and boring. He is yesterday man for me, Wouldn't want him here at all. I was saying that yestetday to a Rovers fan who ask me who would I like to take over from Mowbray if he was sack or left shortly. I gave him a couple of choices I have said on here. 

I expected Forest to make a change shortly and will be interesting who takes over and how much influence the new CEO has there. 

Like us, I suspect that the problems at Forest are much deeper than the manager, the extent to their playing staff turnover is ridiculous, many seemingly from dodgy connections regarding their ownership. That being said, Hughton and Forest dont seem to have been a good fit and he cant really complain if he is let go.

Crazy to suggest that he is now yesterdays man after one poor year at a turbulent club on the back of such a consistent CV of Championship success, even inclusive of nonsense about style.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Like us, I suspect that the problems at Forest are much deeper than the manager, the extent to their playing staff turnover is ridiculous, many seemingly from dodgy connections regarding their ownership. That being said, Hughton and Forest dont seem to have been a good fit and he cant really complain if he is let go.

Crazy to suggest that he is now yesterdays man after one poor year at a turbulent club on the back of such a consistent CV of Championship success, even inclusive of nonsense about style.

I had the same thought about Hughton whilst he was Brighton and We once had a discuss about Hughton coming here on a different social media platform and we disagree on him, his style and his performance at Brighton. 

I wouldn't want him here at all

The fans today made their feelings clear today about him. 

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Would take him in a heartbeat over Mowbray. Sometimes it just doesn’t work out at a club for one reason or another. 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Would take him in a heartbeat over Mowbray. Sometimes it just doesn’t work out at a club for one reason or another. 

Would he be the right fit for the club and bring through youth players and be able to find bargains? 

For me, He isn't the right fit for us and I feel they are better options out there currently who we bring in to replace Mowbray

• Like 1