BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 21/22

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Would he be the right fit for the club and bring through youth players and be able to find bargains? 

For me, He isn't the right fit for us and I feel they are better options out there currently who we bring in to replace Mowbray

TM certainly isnt.

6 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

TM has had four years to build a squad and we're now relying on academy kids. How can anyone defend that? Our four year build has resulted in a depleted squad, and a bench of untested kids - slow journey this.

Thats because the owners have refused to back him in recent windows and are refusing to the sign current players to contracts, its ludicrous. The same happened under Lambert when he first arrived, the same happened under Bowyer.

This isn't a Mowbray thing alone Jack, even though he is past his sell by date.

Edited by Gav

2 minutes ago, Gav said:

Thats because the owners have refused to back him in recent windows and are refusing to the sign current players to contracts, its ludicrous. The same happened under Lambert when he first arrived, the same happened under Bowyer.

Or, its because TM has misused the funds he had?

• Like 1

Is BB a 7 million pound player? Gallagher 5m? Would a good manager have spent that money better? Would a better manager bring in Downing for another season but not use him - or give Smallwood a few months extra contract out of generosity?

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Gav said:

Its an FFP cycle, not them refusing to back. Their hands are tied. We cant spend. Hence its down to TM and how he has spent the backing in previous seasons. We now cannot spend nothing, have players leaving in their droves, and cannot even tie down our assets with decent contracts - thats on TM for me.

Yes, owners are fckin assholes - but they have backed this guy and this is what we're left with.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

Hughton has had his day, negative defensive manager and he doesn't seem to be able to get his teams playing on the front foot anymore

Just look at today's game, he had no plan to change his team or formation when Cardiff starting to get on the front foot and Moore starting to influence the game. 

Even at 2-1 he still didn't do anything differently. 

Still think his mind set is far too defensive with the players he has there. 

He isn't the right fit for our club and wouldnt be far too negative tactical wise. Would he keep developing our good academy players. 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, J*B said:

When was Tony Mowbray’s last successful season as a manager in the Championship or above?

Answer - 2007/2008.

And I’ll even tweak this question to include League One: “When did he last overachieve?” Because I don’t see that as an overachieving season. 

Matters not anyway. I’d be on the phone to Callum Davidson already begging him to come down. 

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Is BB a 7 million pound player? Gallagher 5m? Would a good manager have spent that money better? Would a better manager bring in Downing for another season but not use him - or give Smallwood a few months extra contract out of generosity?

No and probably no.

We bought Diaz and Gallagher 2/3 seasons ago, how long are we going to go on about those 2 players?
We sold Armstrong, that more than pays for those 2, we sold Raya too for £3m and a fit Dack is worth £10m+ 

Why is the squad depleted? Why can’t we sign players to contracts? 

Im happy to sack Mowbray, then at least it will stop this reliance on bringing up Diaz and Gallagher as some sort of stick to beat Mowbray with, that’s a general observation not aimed at you Jack.

Yeah, let’s continue the journey with Mowbray as it’ll benefit a few of his best mates and provide valuable playing time for youngsters of Premier League clubs.

Let’s face it, even if and when our hopeless owners sack him, their lackeys will scour Jurassic Park for the next terrible appointment, (who will make the likes of Hughton look like a new kid on the block).

Catch 22.

Davidson did brilliantly in the cups albeit very lucky to get past rangers but league record is nothing to write home about 38 games 11 wins 12 draws 15 defeats minus goal difference 45 points, if we were punting for a Scottish manager i would go with Derek McInnes. Not that we would go with either mind

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Absurd to me

37 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Just look at today's game, he had no plan to change his team or formation when Cardiff starting to get on the front foot and Moore starting to influence the game. 

Even at 2-1 he still didn't do anything differently. 

Still think his mind set is far too defensive with the players he has there. 

He isn't the right fit for our club and wouldnt be far too negative tactical wise. Would he keep developing our good academy players. 

To you both, straight choice, Mowbray or Hughton?

10 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

Davidson did brilliantly in the cups albeit very lucky to get past rangers but league record is nothing to write home about 38 games 11 wins 12 draws 15 defeats minus goal difference 45 points, if we were punting for a Scottish manager i would go with Derek McInnes. Not that we would go with either mind

Nor should, both are not to standard required 

16 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

To you both, straight choice, Mowbray or Hughton?

Mowbray. 

Bit like I have repeatedly said my opinion is we need a new manager with fresh ideas, formation and tactics. I've said who I put on my shortlist. I can't be any more than that

6 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Nor should, both are not to standard required 

Who would you like choose Bbrovers2288 and why? 

3 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

yeah to be fair wouldn't overly disagree i do think mcinnes did a decent job at aberdeen 

Who would you like choose Pete and why?  

Edited by chaddyrovers

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray. 

Bit like I have repeatedly said my opinion is we need a new manager with fresh ideas, formation and tactics. I've said who I put on my shortlist. I can't be any more than that

Who would you like choose Bbrovers2288 and why? 

Who would you like choose Pete and why?  

If we are going on the theory we only appoint HSH managers - Cooper as he worked wonders at Swansea, outside of that Wilder i think he'll be actively wanting a job pretty soon, I wouldn't mind Ryan Lowe did brilliantly at Bury playing attacking football, took Plymouth up and is rebuilding the club. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

If we are going on the theory we only appoint HSH managers - Cooper as he worked wonders at Swansea, outside of that Wilder i think he'll be actively wanting a job pretty soon, I wouldn't mind Ryan Lowe did brilliantly at Bury playing attacking football, took Plymouth up and is rebuilding the club. 

Thanks for reply. 

Cooper would be good appointment. 

Ainswort would aswell. 

If Hughton is 'yesterdays man' then what the hell does that make Mowbray who has been drifting along going nowhere for over a decade.

Interesting those referencing his style of play as though what we churn out can be described as better or attractive to watch. Myth number one of Mowbray's career is that his sides play entertaining football.

Also interesting that the side that beat Forest today - Cardiff - are now managed by another so-called dinosaur - the same folk calling Hughton boring and finished now were saying the same about McCarthy this time last year. He's lost 5 in 29 since taking over there. Some dinosaur.

Anyone who knows anything about the Championship knows that they way for the clubs with less resources to get out of this league is to be organised and solid. McCarthy, Hughton, Dyche, Warnock, Bruce - there's a reason they've been around so long at so many clubs whilst the 'attractive' managers come and go. It isn't rocket science as much as some would want to believe.

I'll also predict now that if Mowbray and Hughton last the full season at their clubs that Forest will finish higher than Rovers. Unlike some I'm not convinced by our start to the season and won't be hailing success or labelling failures after a measly 6 games.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why wouldn't he be the 'right fit' for our club? 

He would be given control of recruitment and need to assemble a new squad given the disaster Mowbray has overseen so he could quickly get players in that would be the 'right fit'.

You don't win two automatic promotions and finish in the play-offs twice in 4 Championship seasons by being 'far too negative tactical wise' (whatever that means). 

Do you have any reason at all for suggesting Hughton would not use our academy players? The guy knows how to get promoted and quickly. Serious clubs see that and would trust him to do it, with or without academy players. The focus should be on promotion not the academy. Development of academy players is the job of the academy coaches. 

25 minutes ago, JHRover said:

If Hughton is 'yesterdays man' then what the hell does that make Mowbray

Hughton finished behind Mowbray last season and is 14 places below him this season, with a much better budget, which seems to matter to many.

Could it be bonkers owners at play here JH?

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1