BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 21/22

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Couldnt even get the Celtic job? Ya, because they could get better and more experienced candidates. Look at our list of managers under Venkys if you don't comprehend where we are at on the pecking order, contrary to your blinkered view that we are somehow hot property to manage. It's a rogues gallery of misfits and never weres. 

We would be lucky to have a high profile winner like Keane in the dug out. 

Proven winner as a player and done nothing so far to match it especially when no club in years as appointed as manager. You love him cos he is Ifish and nothing else 

Who cares if the next manager is high profile?

That's the way you look at the our club 

1 hour ago, Wheelton Blue said:

The same could be said for Mark Hughes, @chaddyrovers.

Weren't you promoting him not too long ago?

But he has been out of the game for 3 years and more now. Feel he left it too long. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Proven winner as a player and done nothing so far to match it especially when no club in years as appointed as manager. You love him cos he is Ifish and nothing else 

Who cares if the next manager is high profile?

That's the way you look at the our club 

But he has been out of the game for 3 years and more now. Feel he left it too long. 

I didn't know he was a fish and that wouldn't make me love him anymore, I love all species. 

Keanes nationality has nothing to do with it, I blame him for Saipan and I hate Man united. I think he would be a good fit for the club, you disagree, that's fine. Take a chill pill. 

High profile managers can attract better players, but it's his other characteristics that interest me. You keep saying he has done nothing, but he won the Championship as a manager, you know, the division we are in 🙄 Plus kept Sunderland up in the Premier league. You were slating Mick McCarthy in a nonsensical way when he was at Ipswich and they ended up being relegated immediately after he left. I'd say Keane did an alright job there, but he clearly wasn't happy and it has made him very cautious about his next move. 

It's not just how I look at the club, loads of top managers would not work for the current regime. 

14 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Keane wouldn't work for Venkys so it's all academic.

Exactly , him and many others. 

Chaddy doesn't seem to grasp that. He thinks we would be beating top candidates off with a stick, completely ignoring every single appointment they have made. Mowbray is by far the best. That tells you it's own story. 

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Exactly , him and many others. 

Chaddy doesn't seem to grasp that. He thinks we would be beating top candidates off with a stick, completely ignoring every single appointment they have made. Mowbray is by far the best. That tells you it's own story. 

Keane isn't a top manager tho. 

We have to agree to disagree on this

• Like 1

I can see the temptation of Keane - he seems to have a lot of the opposite characteristics to Mowbray and so it's easy to imagine him coming in and having an effect in raising the standards of the group, calling a spade a spade etc. We've also had the experience of Souness coming in and 'sorting the club out', so to speak, so there are comparisons to be drawn with Keane being a similar character. 

It's still a massive risk though, and one which I think is more likely to backfire than not. It has been almost 15 years since he managed to get promoted with Sunderland, where he inherited a good squad that just needed a bit of a kick-start. In the meantime the second tier has come on leaps and bounds. It's possible that he could come in and do a good job, but I'd be much happier with someone with a more recent track-record, like Hughton or (if possible) Wilder. 

2 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Forest in talks with Steve cooper

I'm not sure about Cooper.  I think he struck lucky with a crop of young lads who he had in the England youth set up....and got them on loan due to his England contacts....we will see but I'm not overly impressed 

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, unsall said:

Funny game this football lark, many Rovers fans were saying why can’t we be forward thinking management and go for decent managers like Hughton, Pearson, who on paper are decent championship managers, yet it’s strange why it’s not worked out for them, Bristol not won at home since January and Forrest having a right mare.

Sometimes it’s a lottery getting a new manager and that’s why Rovers will have to be on their mettle if TM does go at the end of his contract, the saying, better the devil you know is sometimes true, but I also agree you can be in a job too long.

Plenty folk used to say Derby had great owners, compared to us,look what’s happening to them at the moment, so it’s not all doom and gloom at Ewood but obviously it could be a lot better, keep the faith COYB.

Or that genius tactician Paul Cook about to take Ipswich  down again. 

2 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

If mowbray does eventually get canned I’d take a serious look at critchley from Blackpool 

mowbray would`nt get sacked if he took us into the conference,the only man who can relieve us of mowbray is tony himself,personally think he`ll reach some settlement and walk away at the end of this season,with a self satisfied demenour and a farewell from his telegraph groupies

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

mowbray would`nt get sacked if he took us into the conference,the only man who can relieve us of mowbray is tony himself,personally think he`ll reach some settlement and walk away at the end of this season,with a self satisfied demenour and a farewell from his telegraph groupies

I had it on good authority that was the plan for this summer so who knows 

14 minutes ago, unsall said:

Callum Davidson, IMO top manager, just signed a contract extension but he’ll have some clause in it.

Why? Because he won a couple of cups in Scotland. They didn’t pull up any trees in the league. St Johnstone are just about my local team these days and they are ok but nothing brilliant. Owen coyle had st Johnstone looking similar 

2 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Why? Because he won a couple of cups in Scotland. They didn’t pull up any trees in the league. St Johnstone are just about my local team these days and they are ok but nothing brilliant. Owen coyle had st Johnstone looking similar 

Recent success winning 2 cups. 

But we all have our choices and shortlist at the end of the day. But I suspect any new appointment will have background in bringing through young players/youth development as I think this is one of key part of our football club now. 

You mention Neil Critchley who match that description from his Liverpool under 23's and now doing well at Blackpool. Speaking to a couple of Blackpool fans at they rave about the job he's done there. 

On another topic, have you seen much of Ali McCann? Who signed for Preston 

3 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

I am right in thinking his contract is up at the end of the season?

Please 🙏 

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Recent success winning 2 cups. 

But we all have our choices and shortlist at the end of the day. But I suspect any new appointment will have background in bringing through young players/youth development as I think this is one of key part of our football club now. 

You mention Neil Critchley who match that description from his Liverpool under 23's and now doing well at Blackpool. Speaking to a couple of Blackpool fans at they rave about the job he's done there. 

On another topic, have you seen much of Ali McCann? Who signed for Preston 

All due respect to Davidson, he won’t have good contacts and he isn’t really a pull for a player, Christ he wasn’t even a good player for us. Critchley is well respected after his liverpool days and Blackpool success. 

mcann is good, I said we should’ve signed him, neat and tidy and dogged. One of those players that’s happy to do the dirty work that you sometimes don’t notice but wins games.

a good evans really