BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 21/22

I've little sympathy for Derby. They've spent massively in this league for 5-6 years, now their owner has got fed up and doesn't want to put any more in.

Their attempts to fiddle to avoid sanctions also unpleasant and yet to be handed a sporting sanction although rumours one is coming. 

Most importantly a points deduction should see one place below us taken already and hopefully one relegation slot taken.

I feel most sorry for Wycombe who were relegated last year whilst Derby survived because a points deduction wasn't imposed then.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Silas said:

Rank incompetence isn't against the rules.

Derby been cooking the books for ages. There were red top articles about how the betting company had sponsored Rooney's signing and that's why he had No. 32.

Dodging up a stadium sale too wasn't it. All being done in plain sight.

No surprise they've been nailed. There's bending the rules, and there's taking the absolute piss.

Edit: Errrr allegedly. 

Would Wycombe now have grounds for legal action,by that I mean they've played by the rules and we're relegated by one point and lost out on the money generated by being a championship club.Derby on the other hand have blatantly driven over the rules and benefitted from it

In a weird way they're very very lucky. They only just stayed up by the skin of their teeth last season. Had they been in league 1 now they'd be looking at a fight to avoid league 2.

Always feel for the fans of any club in this situation, let's hope for their sake they come out of it more like Bolton and Wigan appear to be doing than those less fortunate. After the shock and disappointment often comes togetherness and the fight back.

16 hours ago, davulsukur said:

If they aren't planning on offering him a new contract, then yeah, why wouldn't they sack him?

Clearly the clubs hierarchy don't believe he's the man to take the club forward in the medium/long term, so why not bin him and appoint someone they do want, before he gets snapped up by someone else?

Not sure if we approached him or not but perhaps he wanted a break before getting back into management again.

I guess its a wait and see situation with Mowbray and his future. If he does well this season get us top 10 finish, they might offer him a new contract but if the next few months we might see change of manager cos of results. Who knows. 

Its will be Balaji decision on Mowbray's future and what will happen. 

2 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Tomorrow hopefully us, so we can start again without the baggage and a united fanbase.

Who to say any new owners will be better and we be better off? 

Also how do you united the fanbase and get fans back interested in Rovers and the team?

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

I've little sympathy for Derby. They've spent massively in this league for 5-6 years, now their owner has got fed up and doesn't want to put any more in.

Their attempts to fiddle to avoid sanctions also unpleasant and yet to be handed a sporting sanction although rumours one is coming. 

Most importantly a points deduction should see one place below us taken already and hopefully one relegation slot taken.

I feel most sorry for Wycombe who were relegated last year whilst Derby survived because a points deduction wasn't imposed then.

Well I feel sorry for the people affected by this news like the fans who support the club and the potential job losses to staff employed by the club. 

Morris chased a dream and its backfire badly. 

• Backroom
2 hours ago, The giorgis donis fanclub said:

Would Wycombe now have grounds for legal action,by that I mean they've played by the rules and we're relegated by one point and lost out on the money generated by being a championship club.Derby on the other hand have blatantly driven over the rules and benefitted from it

Sheff Utd, West Ham, Tevez and Mascherano would point towards that being a big fat no. 

Tough on WW though, you're right. 

• Like 2

Up to 6th in a really poor (thus competitive?) Championship this year, even taking into account the 'anyone being able to beat anyone in this division' mantra.

Real pity about us not being able to get our house in order. Promotion is there for the taking, but persevering with Mowbray and the failure to sign an Armstrong replacement will really come to haunt us down the line. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, BRFC4EVA said:

I know it's a lot of 'ifs' but if we'd held on against luton and nabbed a winner today we'd be sitting in 2nd. Mad really

A brilliant day in terms of results for us, pretty much everyone around us lost or drew.

I understand the sentiment but every team without exception (even after just 8 games) could undoubtably use the “what if” cliche. The fact is we are only 8 games in and the league position is largely irrelevant at this point. 
I’m encouraged by the clean sheets and settled back five. Howard Kendall built a team around that and they certainly didn’t ‘play well’ every week, but you put yourself in with a chance if you are solid.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I understand the sentiment but every team without exception (even after just 8 games) could undoubtably use the “what if” cliche. The fact is we are only 8 games in and the league position is largely irrelevant at this point. 
I’m encouraged by the clean sheets and settled back five. Howard Kendall built a team around that and they certainly didn’t ‘play well’ every week, but you put yourself in with a chance if you are solid.

The frustration lies in Mowbrays influence over those two matches.

Today his subs allowed Barnsley to come at us which almost led to us losing a point, when it was pretty even up to that. We were 2-0 up against Luton and he decided to park the bus. With a bit more imagination we could be in second place.

He did great against Hull and went for it. I've no idea why he chose Clarkson, a 19 year old midfielder, over Butterworth, when we could have nicked a goal with the amount of times we were getting forward.

Edited by booth
  • Like 1

I am very happy we are 6th in the league currently. 

Bournemouth now top of the league now. Parker doing the business there

Some surprising results, Reading beating Fulham, Blackpool beating Boro, Preston drawing with WBA. 

Well done to Interim head coach Steven Reid winning today with Forest. 

Can't wait to see Nathan Jones's face today after Luton loss their 3 nil lead

Well done to Rooney and Derby players beating Stoke today. After they found out the club were being put into administration news on SSN last night

Edited by chaddyrovers

Amazing to be in the top 6th..it's not a position we have been in too often outside of before any games have been played...and to think we could be second. 

We have sorted our defence really and that's the catalyst. Kaminski class and Ayala probably our 3rd best signing under Mowbray, after Dack and Armstrong, just slightly ahead of Kaminski. 

20 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Amazing to be in the top 6th..it's not a position we have been in too often outside of before any games have been played...and to think we could be second. 

We have sorted our defence really and that's the catalyst. Kaminski class and Ayala probably our 3rd best signing under Mowbray, after Dack and Armstrong, just slightly ahead of Kaminski. 

We were there this time last season i think - which doesn't fill me with confidence. We have a fragile squad that once a few losses sets in, we spiral. I hope it doesn't happen but history suggests we're in for one of the infamous spirals at some point. 

17 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

We were there this time last season i think - which doesn't fill me with confidence. We have a fragile squad that once a few losses sets in, we spiral. I hope it doesn't happen but history suggests we're in for one of the infamous spirals at some point. 

Fourth I think, this time last year?

• Like 1

On 18/09/2021 at 07:33, Silas said:

Rank incompetence isn't against the rules.

Derby been cooking the books for ages. There were red top articles about how the betting company had sponsored Rooney's signing and that's why he had No. 32.

Dodging up a stadium sale too wasn't it. All being done in plain sight.

No surprise they've been nailed. There's bending the rules, and there's taking the absolute piss.

Edit: Errrr allegedly. 

Plus they dodged FFP rulings by appointing him as a player/coach which did not count against FFp - they deserve it for all their wrongdoings.

23 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I am very happy we are 6th in the league currently. 

Bournemouth now top of the league now. Parker doing the business there

Some surprising results, Reading beating Fulham, Blackpool beating Boro, Preston drawing with WBA. 

Well done to Interim head coach Steven Reid winning today with Forest. 

Can't wait to see Nathan Jones's face today after Luton loss their 3 nil lead

Well done to Rooney and Derby players beating Stoke today. After they found out the club were being put into administration news on SSN last night

Much like TM with us, even an average manager can get promoted with the biggest budget in the league. 

Financial problems in football are caused partly by no maximum wage worldwide in the game. All these clubs that have suffered financially over recent years have succumbed to overpayment of employees. Even those clubs who are relegated from the riches of the Premier League often find themselves in financial difficulties.

Professional footballers; overpaid prima donnas.

2 minutes ago, bazza said:

Financial problems in football are caused partly by no maximum wage worldwide in the game. All these clubs that have suffered financially over recent years have succumbed to overpayment of employees. Even those clubs who are relegated from the riches of the Premier League often find themselves in financial difficulties.

Professional footballers; overpaid prima donnas.

Football is broken...eventually it will just be a super league like what was proposed. Sport needs reworking from top to bottom. We have teenagers that are millionaires without even featuring for the first team. Its a joke.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JacknOry said:

after 8 games last year we were 12 points behind the leader in 12th