BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 21/22

On 12/09/2021 at 22:20, Gav said:

No and probably no.

We bought Diaz and Gallagher 2/3 seasons ago, how long are we going to go on about those 2 players?
We sold Armstrong, that more than pays for those 2, we sold Raya too for £3m and a fit Dack is worth £10m+ 

Why is the squad depleted? Why can’t we sign players to contracts? 

Im happy to sack Mowbray, then at least it will stop this reliance on bringing up Diaz and Gallagher as some sort of stick to beat Mowbray with, that’s a general observation not aimed at you Jack.

I'd swap Armstrong for both of them right now.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BRFC4EVA said:

Found the below on a Rovers Facebook group. Our results over the last 3 years when we have been in and around the playoff spots. Backs up what weve always been saying. Can we do it against Cardiff?

FB_IMG_1632093298136.jpg.a216c30e0cf221f87b5f78f41814ef05.jpg

See, this is the problem here.  We end up something like 8th or 9th and the clappers will be like, "promotion next season, new contract for Mogadon."...this would be success in their eyes....bar is low as a snakes belly

• Like 3

18 hours ago, BRFC4EVA said:

Found the below on a Rovers Facebook group. Our results over the last 3 years when we have been in and around the playoff spots. Backs up what weve always been saying. Can we do it against Cardiff?

FB_IMG_1632093298136.jpg.a216c30e0cf221f87b5f78f41814ef05.jpg

Interesting and damning stat.

Get anywhere near the play offs and the collapse.

Mowbray doesn't inspire much of a winning mentality either. "We'll go into the next game and see what happens" **shoulder shrug**

35 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Interesting and damning stat.

Get anywhere near the play offs and the collapse.

Mowbray doesn't inspire much of a winning mentality either. "We'll go into the next game and see what happens" **shoulder shrug**

To be fair it seems like a Venky trait.  Bowyer bottled it a couple of times too...

• Like 1

Steve Cooper appointed Nottingham Forest head coach

https://twitter.com/NFFC/status/1440258268115259394?s=20

Alan Tate leaves Swansea to join Cooper's coaching staff aswell Steve Rands

Report: Steve Cooper will add two coaches to Nottingham Forest staff

Why Forest and their CEO Dane Murphy wanted Cooper to replace Hughton. 

https://theathletic.com/2830390/2021/09/21/why-did-forest-want-steve-cooper-what-can-fans-expect-from-the-new-head-coach?source=user-shared-article

Edited by chaddyrovers

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Very interesting article inside the Derby County financial mess and their debts plus can the club survive

https://theathletic.com/2837909/2021/09/21/derbys-admin-bomb-what-now-for-players-rooney-and-the-club-can-it-survive?source=user-shared-article

From the article 

Screenshot_20210921-131359_The Athletic.jpg

Only £50 million, some guys have all the luck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

https://the72.co.uk/250944/reading-poised-for-points-deduction-in-the-championship/

Reading seemingly set for a points deduction in a league which is becoming even more uncompetitive as deductions are handed out so easily. 

well they knew the rules and if they broken the rules then they should be paid the consequences. 

Maybe you now realised why Rovers didnt overspend in this past window and break FFP rules. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

well they knew the rules and if they broken the rules then they should be paid the consequences. 

Maybe you now realised why Rovers didnt overspend in this past window and break FFP rules. 

I never once suggested that we should "overspend." 

There is a difference between overspending and spending a fraction of income generated, as I suspect you know yourself having regularly championed Healey, Nisbet etc who would have cost fees.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

There is a difference between overspending and spending a fraction of income generated, as I suspect you know yourself having regularly championed Healey, Nisbet etc who would have cost fees.

My Apologise Roversfan99 for suggested that cos you didn't at all

Healey would cost maybe 2 million pounds. But you could pay that over 3 seasons. I was surprise we paid for 500k for another left back/midfielder. 

I suggested players within a price range I thought we could afford. I am big fan of Woodrow but fee wise we couldn't afford it in this window

Thats why I guess the Maja loan deal with permanent deal at the end of the season was very attractive to the club cos we lose the first season spend when we spend 9 to 10 millions on pounds like Brereton, Armstrong, Rothwell and Davenport.  

Edited by chaddyrovers

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

That's to the companies they owed money to. Then the money they owed to HRMC and tax office. 

Venkys owed our debt

We owe £150m to Venky's London Ltd, but according to the accounts we owe as well £15m Overdraft to Bank of India, £6m to the Tax man and £5m to other clubs.

So not quite all to Venky's. We also have no idea how Venky's have provided the £150m to Venky's London Ltd, cash out of their back pocket, loans, etc or what is attached to those loans.

6 minutes ago, phili said:

We owe £150m to Venky's London Ltd, but according to the accounts we owe as well £15m Overdraft to Bank of India, £6m to the Tax man and £5m to other clubs.

So not quite all to Venky's. We also have no idea how Venky's have provided the £150m to Venky's London Ltd, cash out of their back pocket, loans, etc or what is attached to those loans.

But you see the point I am making is most of debt is owe to them. where has Derby debt is to 3rd parties and they will want it all back. Feel for the Derby county fans and staff that might lose their jobs over that

5 mil to other clubs with be transfer fees . 

40 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You don't have any idea how close we are to the limit?

So how do you know that spending a fraction of the income generated wouldn't have put us at risk of a points deduction or transfer ban?

10 minutes ago, islander200 said:

You don't have any idea how close we are to the limit?

So how do you know that spending a fraction of the income generated wouldn't have put us at risk of a points deduction or transfer ban?

None of us do, but there has been no suggestion that had we not sold Armstrong, that we was over 10m over the threshold. Mowbray has mentioned the lack of budget repeatedly but always from a perspective of how our poor sorry owners have been affected by the pandemic etc. Never anything about FFP, including when he said that we could potentially sign a forward, or when Waggott discussed to the fans forum about Obafemi rejecting us and another striker having a medical and failing it.

Hence why I think that an assumption that we are right on the line of FFP even now is a struggle to believe.

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

None of us do, but there has been no suggestion that had we not sold Armstrong, that we was over 10m over the threshold. Mowbray has mentioned the lack of budget repeatedly but always from a perspective of how our poor sorry owners have been affected by the pandemic etc. Never anything about FFP, including when he said that we could potentially sign a forward, or when Waggott discussed to the fans forum about Obafemi rejecting us and another striker having a medical and failing it.

Hence why I think that an assumption that we are right on the line of FFP even now is a struggle to believe.

Yes our owners keep putting 20 millions pounds each season to cover the debt but that isn't sustainable is it? 

We cut the wage bill and get rid of the deadwood plus Armstrong sale so that's about 20 to 24 million pounds there. And we have a younger squad than before and I believe it's the second younger in the league

Wasn't Obafemi transfer fees going to be couple of millions? 

Maja was that player who failed the medical and that's was loan to buy next season? 

54 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Perhaps Waggot will spout this important information tonight on his radio interview. Probably be justifying the cost of the beer, chips and pies though.

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes our owners keep putting 20 millions pounds each season to cover the debt but that isn't sustainable is it? 

We cut the wage bill and get rid of the deadwood plus Armstrong sale so that's about 20 to 24 million pounds there. And we have a younger squad than before and I believe it's the second younger in the league

Wasn't Obafemi transfer fees going to be couple of millions? 

Maja was that player who failed the medical and that's was loan to buy next season? 

No they don't put in £20 million each season. The figure in the last year was higher due to the pandemic. 

That is sustainable, if they are able and willing to do it. As long as they are then it is no different to what the people at City do every year. It is only an issue if they can't or don't want to do it any more or do it using borrowing.

We won't have a squad come next summer. You don't win points for having a young squad built on loans because they will be out of here with us having nothing to show for it.

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

No they don't put in £20 million each season. The figure in the last year was higher due to the pandemic. 

That is sustainable, if they are able and willing to do it. As long as they are then it is no different to what the people at City do every year. It is only an issue if they can't or don't want to do it any more or do it using borrowing.

We won't have a squad come next summer. You don't win points for having a young squad built on loans because they will be out of here with us having nothing to show for it.

It's roughly around 16 to 20 million pounds each season they put in. Give or take JH. 

Built on loans? We have 4 loans this season. Lowest we had 2 loans in our season back on this level. We have Elliott, Trybull, Douglas, Harwood-Bellis and Branthwaite last season. 3 the season previously. 

Yes we have a young squad currently but a squad that can develop and learn this season. We were right to cut the deadwood from our squad. If we had sign Maja then I would have very positive about a top 10 finish.