BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 21/22

13 hours ago, JHRover said:

The top 6 is 'wide open' at the moment but that's kind of the whole point in having a play-off system so it keeps the mid-table sides in with a chance of doing something.

We've been down this road before. Come March and April it will be worth looking at how close it is.

Never seen a Championship Table so bunged up! We have the best goal difference outside the top 3, all of which were in the Premiership last season! 1 more point and we would be 5th!

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Never seen a Championship Table so bunged up! We have the best goal difference outside the top 3, all of which were in the Premiership last season! 1 more point and we would be 5th!

Shushhhhh dont mention the fif** word.

Rumour as it that if you say it twice in the mirror The Tomoman appears and gives you a lecture on tactics in 1930's Teeside that make you head away from that unmentionable place on the League table.

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 8

Not the rumour I heard.

I heard that if you say Mowbray, Mowbray, Mowbray three times in front of a mirror, a huge tombola appears before sucking you in, and then spitting you out - except now, you're a slice of drizzle cake wearing ripped jeans and your head has been replaced by Elliot Bennetts.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Interesting read on the ongoings at Cardiff.

Woah. Its appears that they will be more financial cuts there this season and next. But I expect alot of championship club will be similar tbh. 

It doesn't look a very attractive job for the next manager tbh. no money to spend and more cutbacks. Rely on academy players and free/loans signings. Can't see Wilder being interested in that job. I think they will go for someone like Michael Flynn or Bellamy with Bowen tbh. 

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Looks like Frankie has been pushed, Gally in charge for Wednesday and Callum Davidson in there.  

Oh for a club that's decisive. 

Oh man, I never thought I’d wish for PNE’s manager. 

19 hours ago, JHRover said:

http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Interesting read on the ongoings at Cardiff.

Very interesting.

MD stated categorically that there would be no transfer funds available for not only the January transfer window but also next summer. As a number of players’ contracts expire this summer it will be challenging for the incumbent manager. MD stated that Vincent Tan is looking to restructure the finances of the club

MD emphasised throughout how financially reliant the club are on VT.

Sounds familiar - but at least their owners and board communicate with the fans.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Looks like Wilder won't be becoming Cardiff next manager. Man City under 23's head coach Barry-Murphy is in the running for the job. 

Cardiff City headlines as Chris Wilder 'unlikely' to be next boss and Bluebirds chief claims squad is 'too good' to be in relegation scrap - Wales Online

Barry-Murphy just got Rochdale relegated. 

• Like 1

On 24/10/2021 at 21:01, chaddyrovers said:

Woah. Its appears that they will be more financial cuts there this season and next. But I expect alot of championship club will be similar tbh. 

It doesn't look a very attractive job for the next manager tbh. no money to spend and more cutbacks. Rely on academy players and free/loans signings. Can't see Wilder being interested in that job. I think they will go for someone like Michael Flynn or Bellamy with Bowen tbh. 

It goes to show how other clubs are finding things very difficult. I can’t help but wonder, how the foreign ownership and lack of real interest by such owners, can only be bad for the future of clubs like Rovers and Cardiff.

Unlike us, Cardiff have had a promotion to the premier league under their current owners, yet they appear to be in a perilous position. Rovers supporters seem to think, promotion to the premier league, solves all of our problems, but I don’t think that’s the case. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Looking at the squads here for the Fulham and WBA game. What a squad west brom have for this level. Including their bench they have at least14 players who would walk into our starting 11. Miles behind them we are 

Well West Brom's great squad have lost their last 3 away now, so something's not right.

Hopefully Fulham will have used up their luck for this week with a very dubious penalty and a gift goal from West Brom.

23 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Well West Brom's great squad have lost their last 3 away now, so something's not right.

Hopefully Fulham will have used up their luck for this week with a very dubious penalty and a gift goal from West Brom.

Ya, it is some squad though 

I think we will give Fulham a rattle 

5 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Looking at the squads here for the Fulham and WBA game. What a squad west brom have for this level. Including their bench they have at least14 players who would walk into our starting 11. Miles behind them we are 

West Brom were very poor today. No plan B.