BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 21/22

Silva will need to live up to the hype. Done well abroad at Sporting and Olympiacos, had spurts of results at Hull, Watford and Everton yet each one didn't last very long and left under something of a cloud. Hull he ultimately took down (though couldn't be blamed for it), Watford he seemed to lose the plot completely after Everton took an interest and then Everton he had a decent first season before it unravelled.

Think he could be a good appointment for Fulham.

I think Bournemouth appointment of Scott Parker is a quite decent one and the fact he has taken his Fulham Coaching staff with him there. 

On the Fulham possible appointment of Silva, I don't know why they have decided to select him to take over there if its happens. I think its a big job there to get them back up next season. 

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think Bournemouth appointment of Scott Parker is a quite decent one and the fact he has taken his Fulham Coaching staff with him there. 

On the Fulham possible appointment of Silva, I don't know why they have decided to select him to take over there if its happens. I think its a big job there to get them back up next season. 

Wilder looks like he is Fulham bound.

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

On about head of recruitment again ,you are 🙄

nothing to do with our head of recruitment so stop with the obsess.

I just find a strange move for Johnson leaving Blackpool for SPL team like Aberdeen. With Blackpool in the championship and looking forward under Neil Critchley

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I just find a strange move for Johnson leaving Blackpool for SPL team like Aberdeen. With Blackpool in the championship and looking forward under Neil Critchley

Aberdeen is a much nicer place to live and work than Blackpool. Aberdeen are a bigger club than Blackpool. There is probably more to do in the recruitment department at Aberdeen than there is at Blackpool. Probably more money. For a head of recruitment, I don't think what league the club is in makes much difference. These are only opinions, I have no idea of Johnsons reasons for going.

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I read it like Critchley has his own ideas and now he's got them up the chairman probably backs him. Save on a wage like....sound familiar?

How come you just see black and white?

Edited by Sparks Rover

It appears that a number of EFL Clubs will face tighter restrictions on transfers. Derby and Sheff Wed but likely to be others. Don't know if Rovers will be one. But it appears that the EFL won't go public with who these clubs are. 

29 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

It appears that a number of EFL Clubs will face tighter restrictions on transfers. Derby and Sheff Wed but likely to be others. Don't know if Rovers will be one. But it appears that the EFL won't go public with who these clubs are. 

Be surprised if we aren't one of the clubs. Would be great if not. 

Even if we had a properly run club with a good manager we would be in trouble in this current climate. The 3 teams who have come down are now even further ahead financially

11 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I read it like Critchley has his own ideas and now he's got them up the chairman probably backs him. Save on a wage like....sound familiar?

How come you just see black and white?

We should swap managers with Blackpool.....

• Like 1

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Go in hard on Derby? Someone's having a laugh.

A fine is all they got for their previous and long term shenanigans.

Then to save face the Suits then dream up rules and draconian measures for the rest.

Indeed, the EFL decided not to appeal the decision of an independent panel to only fine Derby. EFL wanted a points deduction. 

BUT...the sting might be in the tail if the EFL hammer Derby if they fail to meet P&S rules. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Be surprised if we aren't one of the clubs. Would be great if not. 

Even if we had a properly run club with a good manager we would be in trouble in this current climate. The 3 teams who have come down are now even further ahead financially

Thats where this FFP is bollocks and needs scraping. If owners want to in their clubs through their own money then whats the problem?

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thats where this FFP is bollocks and needs scraping. If owners want to in their clubs through their own money then whats the problem?

Well if they are super , super wealthy as in the case of the bigger clubs, that seems to be how it works. 

I think the issue at rovers is mis management, so even though they are putting a lot in and giving managers time, we aren't seeing progress. Those 2 things should equate to success or at least progression. 

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Agree with that.

The PL love FFP. It stops competition from mega rich owners buying to have a real go at promotion. The PL Cartel, those cnuts who wanted a ESL, like the status quo. The EFL are their left overs.

So we've allowed 10+ players to depart this summer and relied heavily on loans despite presumably knowing that FFP trouble was on the horizon and that there was a strong chance we would be restricted on signing new players this summer.

First question- what sort of morons do we have running things here?

Second question - why do they get to continue in their jobs?

• Like 2

Just now, JHRover said:

So we've allowed 10+ players to depart this summer and relied heavily on loans despite presumably knowing that FFP trouble was on the horizon and that there was a strong chance we would be restricted on signing new players this summer.

The kind of morons that believe Mowbray can get us in the play-offs.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JHRover said:

10 + gone? Is that how much shite we have let go? Doesn't feel like that many. I have no issue with that to be honest. 

They wouldn't be difficult to replace, even under restrictions. IF you had proper people behind the scenes and managing the club. 

I think "Venkys" answers both your questions 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

10 + gone? Is that how much shite we have let go? Doesn't feel like that many. I have no issue with that to be honest. 

They wouldn't be difficult to replace, even under restrictions. IF you had proper people behind the scenes and managing the club. 

I think "Venkys" answers both your questions 

Suppose if they're including loan players then it's getting close to that number.

Elliot + Harwood Bellis + Douglas + Branthwhaite + Bell + Holtby + Downing + Evans + Bennett = 9. 

EDIT - Forgot Trybull, there's your ten. 

Edited by TheRoversReturn

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Apart from the 2 loans of Elliott and THB we won't miss any of them. 

Would you have kept any of the out of contract players then and why? I'm pleased we let the lot go and we can rebuild through a few signings and playing more of up and coming players like JRC, Dolan, Carter, etc. 

And if Nyambe, Rothwell and Armstrong won't sign new contracts then I would sell them and buy replacements. Here are one suggestion for each position. 

Right back. Dion Sanderson. Impressed me at Cardiff during his loan spell there. 

Centre midfielder. Joe Powell.  

Striker. Cauley Woodrow from Barnsley. Been impressed by him for the past 2 seasons.