BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

RoversTV Returns

9 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Nowt yet.

Mind you who provided the 8 cameras for the LUTV-LIVENow production hosted at Ewood?

The one with Leeds commentary and the Leeds team shown first.

Caveat emptor.

Did wonder if Rovers simply bought and resold the feed. Even without a volume discount it would mean a profit of over 2 quid a viewer with virtually zero effort...

1 minute ago, Roverthechimp said:

Did wonder if Rovers simply bought and resold the feed. Even without a volume discount it would mean a profit of over 2 quid a viewer with virtually zero effort...

Make that £4 from me. My PayPal was charged twice ha

• Like 1

Anyone have their Ifollow sunscription cancelled and promised a pro-rata refund?  Anyone actually got a refund?  I had.4.months left when Rover canx my subscriotion for me. .I got on to them for the refund, they bounced me on to EFL eho have given me a runaround with more than one reason as to why I am not getting one.  Even had the cheek to tell me my new payment is scheduled for 9/12/21.  They asked for a screenshot of my subscription which I provided, showing payment from 9/12/20 to 9/11/21.  they told me this was just a monthly season pass.  Season runs from sep to sep now?  I've a mind to tell rovers go fuck themselves on this one.  But then I won't be able to watch, mind you since Mowbary is ibviously still in charge am I missing much.

3 hours ago, USABlue said:

Anyone have their Ifollow sunscription cancelled and promised a pro-rata refund?  Anyone actually got a refund?  I had.4.months left when Rover canx my subscriotion for me. .I got on to them for the refund, they bounced me on to EFL eho have given me a runaround with more than one reason as to why I am not getting one.  Even had the cheek to tell me my new payment is scheduled for 9/12/21.  They asked for a screenshot of my subscription which I provided, showing payment from 9/12/20 to 9/11/21.  they told me this was just a monthly season pass.  Season runs from sep to sep now?  I've a mind to tell rovers go fuck themselves on this one.  But then I won't be able to watch, mind you since Mowbary is ibviously still in charge am I missing much.

In the USA ESPN+ are covering the Rovers v Swansea game:

https://m.livesoccertv.com/match/4039062/blackburn-rovers-vs-swansea-city/

I wonder if RoversTV is subject to the broadcast restrictions that applied to iFollow if a game was selected for international broadcast and/or Sky Red Button. I suppose so.

I'm not rushing to buy.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

Are foreigners not going to be able to stream games this year as in years past?  I've been following Rovers for a long time and had a seasons pass to iFollow since they started streaming in 2017.  Under the "View Subscriptions" button all I see is the Bolton preseason match listed.  Is there not a season streaming pass on the new RoversTV?  That would be brutal.  I'd go from watching all 46 matches a year to getting to watch 3-4 on ESPN+.  That would be devastating.  

Elsewhere on their site it said they haven’t announced subscriptions yet until they get guidance from the league. I’m in the US and streamed the last two matches. When I purchased the single pass, it showed up under that subscriptions section you’re talking about, and I had no issues streaming. 

• Like 1

On 01/08/2021 at 09:08, AllRoverAsia said:

In the USA ESPN+ are covering the Rovers v Swansea game:

https://m.livesoccertv.com/match/4039062/blackburn-rovers-vs-swansea-city/

I wonder if RoversTV is subject to the broadcast restrictions that applied to iFollow if a game was selected for international broadcast and/or Sky Red Button. I suppose so.

I'm not rushing to buy.

Thanks for that, ESPN+ I am guessing.  I do have that. I find their.video quality is really good So what about this Rovers TV.

1 minute ago, USABlue said:

Thanks for that, ESPN+ I am guessing.  I do have that. I find their.video quality is really good So what about this Rovers TV.

Click on the RoversTV section and they’re really leaving it to the last minute. “Annual and monthly audio/video streaming subscription details will be released when the club receives more information from governing bodies.

8 hours ago, USA Rover said:

Are foreigners not going to be able to stream games this year as in years past?  I've been following Rovers for a long time and had a seasons pass to iFollow since they started streaming in 2017.  Under the "View Subscriptions" button all I see is the Bolton preseason match listed.  Is there not a season streaming pass on the new RoversTV?  That would be brutal.  I'd go from watching all 46 matches a year to getting to watch 3-4 on ESPN+.  That would be devastating.  

I KNOW.  Been fretting about it too.  Wishing things were as they were.  Almost lookin like its a match by match deal.  Does anyone know how this is going to work.  There's a week till kick off so surely somebody knows something

7 hours ago, SanDimas1988 said:

Click on the RoversTV section and they’re really leaving it to the last minute. “Annual and monthly audio/video streaming subscription details will be released when the club receives more information from governing bodies.

Apparently that announcement will come today, then Rovers making a mad scramble to sell season passes.

Being in a ''dark country'' I can access all/most games so have not used a VPN to access Rovers games.

I did however see the following which may be relevant to some:

Buffering:  ''An attempt to use a VPN can also cause buffering – VPNs are prohibited and if detected your access to the stream will be revoked and no refund given''

https://www.rovers.co.uk/help-info/roverstv-faqs/

It appears that Rovers have partnered with a top class outfit at https://streamamg.com/ but as always it's caveat emptor

Edited by AllRoverAsia