BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

RoversTV Returns

1 minute ago, USABlue said:

Thanks for that, ESPN+ I am guessing.  I do have that. I find their.video quality is really good So what about this Rovers TV.

Click on the RoversTV section and they’re really leaving it to the last minute. “Annual and monthly audio/video streaming subscription details will be released when the club receives more information from governing bodies.

8 hours ago, USA Rover said:

Are foreigners not going to be able to stream games this year as in years past?  I've been following Rovers for a long time and had a seasons pass to iFollow since they started streaming in 2017.  Under the "View Subscriptions" button all I see is the Bolton preseason match listed.  Is there not a season streaming pass on the new RoversTV?  That would be brutal.  I'd go from watching all 46 matches a year to getting to watch 3-4 on ESPN+.  That would be devastating.  

I KNOW.  Been fretting about it too.  Wishing things were as they were.  Almost lookin like its a match by match deal.  Does anyone know how this is going to work.  There's a week till kick off so surely somebody knows something

7 hours ago, SanDimas1988 said:

Click on the RoversTV section and they’re really leaving it to the last minute. “Annual and monthly audio/video streaming subscription details will be released when the club receives more information from governing bodies.

Apparently that announcement will come today, then Rovers making a mad scramble to sell season passes.

Being in a ''dark country'' I can access all/most games so have not used a VPN to access Rovers games.

I did however see the following which may be relevant to some:

Buffering:  ''An attempt to use a VPN can also cause buffering – VPNs are prohibited and if detected your access to the stream will be revoked and no refund given''

https://www.rovers.co.uk/help-info/roverstv-faqs/

It appears that Rovers have partnered with a top class outfit at https://streamamg.com/ but as always it's caveat emptor

Edited by AllRoverAsia

So regarding the EFL set the prices blurb +  on the Rovers TV site,  compared to Championship clubs on the ifollow* platform as of today, it seems ifollow clubs have early bird pricing as well as some non ifollow clubs, exceptions Rovers and Blackpool (not looked at every club just a random selection)

Rovers               A$319    = 170 GBP

Huddersfield   * A$ 236    =   125.34 GBP

Barnsley          * A$ 236   =  125 .34 GBP

Cardiff               A$264     =  140 GBP

Bristol City        A$264     =  140 GBP

Blackpool          A$319      = 170 GBP

Coventry          * A$236      = 125.34

+ In accordance with the EFL's pricing, this is now £170 for the season and will see supporters able to watch Rovers live in action on Saturdays and midweek fixtures.

Conversion to A$ done at today's rate , ifollow clubs set rate local currency pricing.

Edited by perthblue02

Just got another update.from EFL regarding my Pro Rata rebate as promised when River cut into my subscription.  Now they are , in simplified form, too busy, this is about 4 ir 5 emails now including.me fulfilling their request for screenshots of my bill.

Loosely out EFL has made the message.clear, Fuck iff your getting nowt,.on  principle I am hopping mad.

21 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I am in a 'dark country' and I can't see a match-pass option for the Swansea game and I am not forking out 170 quid until I hear it works!

It's a game that will be easy enough to get anyway so FT....

It's because it's been chosen to coverage on a foreign network. Not the club/RoversTV's fault.

11 minutes ago, JoeH said:

It's because it's been chosen to coverage on a foreign network. Not the club/RoversTV's fault.

Not how it works, any country that the game is not being broadcast live in should be available on ifollow or club platforms, as it was in previous seasons and the rules have not changed..

As ARA pointed out he is in a dark country (i.e no EFL broadcast agreement in place)

A couple of games last season and previous ones being broadcast live in  some countries but not here in Au, they were available on the ifollow platform though.

Edited by perthblue02

5 hours ago, JoeH said:

5 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

Not how it works, any country that the game is not being broadcast live in should be available on ifollow or club platforms, as it was in previous seasons and the rules have not changed..

As ARA pointed out he is in a dark country (i.e no EFL broadcast agreement in place)

A couple of games last season and previous ones being broadcast live in  some countries but not here in Au, they were available on the ifollow platform though.

And the current FAQs state that 'dark' will get all games (as indeed they did under iFollow) which I can if I pay the 170 quid.

I want to try it out using a single match-pass which appear to be unavailable.

I can 'get' it anyway do they can suck for the 170

Edited by AllRoverAsia

52 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

And the current FAQs state that 'dark' will get all games (as indeed they did under iFollow) which I can if I pay the 170 quid.

I want to try it out using a single match-pass which appear to be unavailable.

I can 'get' it anyway do they can suck for the 170

They said something about a special broadcast in the press release about the Swans game I think