BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

RoversTV Returns

Really disappointed about the lack of match replays or extended highlights. They clearly edit the footage as they release clips on the club’s Twitter account. I only tend to watch interviews with new signings (ha!) so genuinely starting to question what I’m getting out of this.

Definite downgrade so far on iFollow. If there’s a legit reason for not being able to share the highlights, fine, tell us.

Also, why do they have a dedicated section on the website for ‘match highlights’ if all they’re going to stock is pre-season friendly footage???

Edited by magicalmortensleftpeg
  • Like 1

I have used ifollow in the past and, similar to our NZ based friend BRFC4EVA, I need access to full match replays.

Before shelling out my 170 pounds for the international subscription I tried to get an assurance from Rovers TV that they were included. Here is my email:

I live in Australia and previously purchased an ifollow pass to watch Rovers games. I was able to watch live matches or I could also watch full match replays on “catch up”. 
It is not clear whether the full match catch ups are available via the 170 pound international pass. (Games here kick off at midnight or 1 am so live viewing is not always convenient.)
Please confirm that I will be able to view full match replays with the international pass.
Thank you

I received this reply:

Thanks for the email.

Yes, live and on-demand are included in your pass.

Kind regards,

Alex D

Either there is a temporary blip or his reply was misleading. I am following it up.
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

We left iFollow to set up our own RoversTV.

Like most things we do these days it looks like a job done on the cheap.

I thought that was basically cosmetic and everything would run as before. Evidently not lol

I may be wrong but it could be that the current lack of extended highlights and full replay is down to cost of their acquisition from the EFL/Broadcasting partners.
They are available as they are on other clubs websites.
I assume that they were automatically included in Rovers previous iFollow package but that now they must be acquired/bought.
''Please note that the move away from iFollow to our own RoversTV, powered by StreamAMG, does not mean that we have autonomy over the streaming of league or cup games and this was not a decision made with this in mind. Broadcasting rights and eligibility are decided by the EFL and its broadcasting partners.''

14 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

Regrding the web player for live games , I have found it so far, better than the one used for ifollow (same windows based pc/same broadband connection ), no buffering, no gradual delay, no more having to click the live button to catch up. Yes it's basic but it does the job and apart from probably wanting to occasionally flick over to the other teams commentary which I did last season, does everything needed to stream live matches.

It is still carrying the same EFL match live video feed as it was in previous seasons on ifollow, so its good for comparison.

Agree about the highlights, the extended and full highlights were useful for mid week games.

I liked the ability to go back by 10 sec intervals to see immediate replay of incidents.

I also liked the availability of the away commentary and often used it.

Quality of video on RoversTV is excellent although I do have high speed fibre.

On 16/08/2021 at 05:23, tonyoz said:

I have used ifollow in the past and, similar to our NZ based friend BRFC4EVA, I need access to full match replays.

Before shelling out my 170 pounds for the international subscription I tried to get an assurance from Rovers TV that they were included. Here is my email:

I live in Australia and previously purchased an ifollow pass to watch Rovers games. I was able to watch live matches or I could also watch full match replays on “catch up”. 
It is not clear whether the full match catch ups are available via the 170 pound international pass. (Games here kick off at midnight or 1 am so live viewing is not always convenient.)
Please confirm that I will be able to view full match replays with the international pass.
Thank you

I received this reply:

Thanks for the email.

Kind regards,

Alex D

Either there is a temporary blip or his reply was misleading. I am following it up.

Did you ever get an updated response? Still nothing available as far as i can see...

On 16/08/2021 at 19:23, El Tombro said:

Getting this weird effect when the camera is moving. Happened in the single-camera Bolton friendly. Perfect picture when the camera isn't moving. Hasn't happened in the two league games so far (assume it's a different camera).

roverstv.jpg

I think it’s an interlacing issue with your stream. Try a different browser or mess with the settings for the stream I’d say. 

21 minutes ago, SanDimas1988 said:

Might be the same issue I had with a preseason game. Did you go to the Match Centre? Then scroll a little to where it says Live Video. (If you go to your Subscriptions it should also list today’s match there)

Thanks for your help , peaceful night for me now she’s sorted

• Like 1

On 15/08/2021 at 22:23, tonyoz said:

Thank you

I received this reply:

Thanks for the email.

Kind regards,

Alex D

I don't see either full replays or even match highlights.on the site for games I miss due to working.  Poor do's in my opinion.  Ifollow looking better to me at this point and $75 less.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, DackDackGoose said:

Neither Rovers or Forest club websites have the extended highlights or full match replay.. wild

Both use Streamamg.

Forest do have short, extended and full replay of their previous league games of this season so its reasonable to expect them to post the latest game soon, we have nowt.

If one is into multiple Mowbray and player interviews then all is ok.

Swansea also use Streamamg and their, Forests and our website come from the same design although the others are easier to navigate.

An update:

I sent this email to Rovers TV on 18 August:

I have not received an answer or explanation to my last query. I asked you to confirm that FULL MATCH REPLAYS would be available via the 170 pound international subscription. Alex D assured me that they would. So I paid the 170 pounds but there is no sign of any replays except for the U23 match v Everton………or old replays from pre-season……and even full replays from last season!

Ifollow always allowed this facility …..which is essential to us (Australian) viewers as kick off times are in the middle of the night! Even the “extended highlights” feature has been removed.

It seems that I have been misled. Rovers TV has reduced the service while charging a premium price. 
Is there some contractual reason why these replays are unavailable? 

I look forward to your response.

I have not received a reply as yet.

• Like 1

On 21/08/2021 at 03:37, tonyoz said:

An update:

I sent this email to Rovers TV on 18 August:

I have not received an answer or explanation to my last query. I asked you to confirm that FULL MATCH REPLAYS would be available via the 170 pound international subscription. Alex D assured me that they would. So I paid the 170 pounds but there is no sign of any replays except for the U23 match v Everton………or old replays from pre-season……and even full replays from last season!

Ifollow always allowed this facility …..which is essential to us (Australian) viewers as kick off times are in the middle of the night! Even the “extended highlights” feature has been removed.

It seems that I have been misled. Rovers TV has reduced the service while charging a premium price. 
Is there some contractual reason why these replays are unavailable? 

I look forward to your response.

I have not received a reply as yet.

I asked the same question. First response was to read the FAQ and that they would assume my problem was in there if I didn't reply/resend my question.

Next response was that I had "logged in to the audio stream - see below:

Hi there,

You were accessing the audio feed please look for the video feed you will have gained access with your pass.

Regards, 

The lack of a name isn't me being nice - they genuinely did not put anything after "regards" - not even a standard signature.

So to answer the question "are extended highlights or on-demand viewing of matches available/included as with iFollow?" is apparently that I am accessing the audio feed... 

That is either some very profound, deep, mataphysical abstract that is way above my head or politician level avoidance 🤬

Rovers TV v Any Club using IFollow

iFollow already has short & extended highlights plus a full replay of yesterday's game. (I checked Barnsley FC iFollow)

RoversTV-Streamamg have SFA, and yet cost the same for match access.

Something is simply wrong with that or it's a (whatever).

I haven't paid a penny to Rovers TV and never will unless they get at least to the same standard as iFollow, which wasn't exactly a high bar.