BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

RoversTV Returns

2 hours ago, tonyoz said:

Hi Joey, see my post of 11.46 Sunday (page 7) on this thread. It covers these points.

I have written in that vein to the club and to the Fans Forum. I encourage anyone in a similar boat to register their displeasure wherever they think it will have an impact. We are being ripped off!

Tony - I don't think I've had any contact with you to raise these issues with the Fans Forum?

Anyway we had the latest Forum last night and I raised your collective concerns. As you no doubt know there is nothing the club can do about games that are shown live on TV in your jurisdiction - they are contractually bound not to show them on RoversTV.

However Steve Waggott has undertaken to check about showing full game replays so I will get back to you all as soon as I get a response.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, yellowsubmarine said:

Hull's game seems to be on EFL broadcast list tonight which means overseas fans cant watch the game again, for the 2nd game running?

😡

Seems to be Bournemouth v QPR for overseas broadcast tonight

https://www.livesoccertv.com/match/4039133/afc-bournemouth-vs-queens-park-rangers/

But then again, a few hours before kick off to go so the EFL might change it for no reason like Saturday

12 hours ago, only2garners said:

Tony - I don't think I've had any contact with you to raise these issues with the Fans Forum?

Anyway we had the latest Forum last night and I raised your collective concerns. As you no doubt know there is nothing the club can do about games that are shown live on TV in your jurisdiction - they are contractually bound not to show them on RoversTV.

However Steve Waggott has undertaken to check about showing full game replays so I will get back to you all as soon as I get a response.

Thanks for your reply and your efforts at the Forum. To contact the fans forum I went to their website where it gives ************@GMAIL.COM as the appropriate contact. I didn't think of going through BRFCS! I will next time. I didn't receive an acknowledgement from the FF. I'll send you my email via private message.

Edited by tonyoz

That is my email Tony but I don't recall getting a message from you. I could easily have forgotten though at my age!

PM me your email address and I will search for it. I would be grateful if you could take out my email address on the above message as I prefer not to have it on message boards.

7 hours ago, El Tombro said:

I pay for an overseas season pass. It costs £170, having previously been £140 and £110. This season it works out at ~£3.70 per game. In its maiden season I believe it was ~£2.40 per game. To me, any of those figures represent excellent value to watch Rovers hassle free from afar.

I had a few browser glitches in the maiden season, but other than that, I largely have nothing to complain about. If you are struggling to watch from a certain country, there are ways to circumvent that.

Sorry El Tombro I can't agree:

• the price has gone up and is higher than for clubs still on ifollow.
  • ifollow allows fans to watch full match replays on demand; e.g. Rovers v Luton (also "extended highlights").
  • I don't know where you live but here in Australia the Hull match kicked off at 4.45 am and the Saturday matches at midnight (or 1 am during daylight savings.) At 70 years of age, I need the replay facility.
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, only2garners said:

That is my email Tony but I don't recall getting a message from you. I could easily have forgotten though at my age!

PM me your email address and I will search for it. I would be grateful if you could take out my email address on the above message as I prefer not to have it on message boards.

Will do. Sorry!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, only2garners said:

Waggott already knows why RoversTV are not showing full replays or any highlights,apart from a few YouTube seconds.

It would cost £££

How many times do I have to post that.

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Waggott already knows why RoversTV are not showing full replays or any highlights,apart from a few YouTube seconds.

It would cost £££

How many times do I have to post that.

Does it cost more money to show full replays? They show highlights with Rovers commentary on Twitter.

1 hour ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Does it cost more money to show full replays? They show highlights with Rovers commentary on Twitter.

Full replays and highlights are included in the iFollow package from the EFL which we had last season. Look at any club this season using iFollow and they still have them.

We came away from the EFL iFollow deal to set up RoversTV where the EFL do not automatically provide the full replay and highlights.

It is logical to assume that to get them RoversTV would have to strike a deal with the EFL. Deals involve cost.

What other reason can there be for not providing them.

The rip off is that we charge the same fees as those using iFollow but for less return.

The club will hide behind charges being set by the 'authorities' - my belief is that the 'maximum' cost may be set by such. 

Anyway I do not and will not subscribe this season to a con trick.

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/09/2021 at 20:08, only2garners said:

Thanks for your efforts at the Fans Forum. If you get the chance, please pass this on to Mr Waggott.
I checked out the info from AllRoverAsia. It’s true….you can sign up FREE to watch FULL MATCH REPLAYS with clubs using ifollow. Barnsley was the club I checked. The Rovers game is available in full. 

Cardiff this weekend, seem to have their own system: Cardiffcityfc.com.uk

I checked them too…….I could watch their full replays free without even subscribing.  (They also have extended highlights and many other options.) Check it out:

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/video/player/0_r5na45iu

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/video/player/0_4oiu0a27?feed=f5d2eca5-ff32-4b10-b5a5-cd503863359f&section=d820eb59-ff53-4f6c-bd02-00ce65baacfc

If these clubs can show replays FREE ………………….COME ON ROVERS.

Edited by tonyoz
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, tonyoz said:

Thanks for your efforts at the Fans Forum. If you get the chance, please pass this on to Mr Waggott.
I checked out the info from AllRoverAsia. It’s true….you can sign up FREE to watch FULL MATCH REPLAYS with clubs using ifollow. Barnsley was the club I checked. The Rovers game is available in full. 

Cardiff this weekend, seem to have their own system: Cardiffcityfc.com.uk

I checked them too…….I could watch their full replays free without even subscribing.  (They also have extended highlights and many other options.) Check it out:

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/video/player/0_r5na45iu

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/video/player/0_4oiu0a27?feed=f5d2eca5-ff32-4b10-b5a5-cd503863359f&section=d820eb59-ff53-4f6c-bd02-00ce65baacfc

If these clubs can show replays FREE ………………….COME ON ROVERS.

Cardiff City TV also uses 'streamamg' as do Rovers, Forest and Swansea plus do doubt other club inhouse TV stations.

So its not a problem at the 'streamamg' end.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Cardiff City TV also uses 'streamamg' as do Rovers, Forest and Swansea plus do doubt other club inhouse TV stations.

So its not a problem at the 'streamamg' end.

Looks like Waggot has the power to stop life long Rovers fans from using a service, all other clubs have access to. No wonder fans are leaving in their droves, when we have a CEO who cares so little.

52 minutes ago, lraC said:

Looks like Waggot has the power to stop life long Rovers fans from using a service, all other clubs have access to. No wonder fans are leaving in their droves, when we have a CEO who cares so little.

It will go against Waggotts basic principles to provide inhouse full replays and extended highlights as a free service. 

He will be working out how to charge for it.

He made the decision to move away from iFollow and then pretends he doesn't know that RoversTV does not provide full replays etc etc. Beggars belief, but then he is a turd.

IMHO I cannot abide the fecker.

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

It will go against Waggotts basic principles to provide inhouse full replays and extended highlights as a free service. 

He will be working out how to charge for it.

He made the decision to move away from iFollow and then pretends he doesn't know that RoversTV does not provide full replays etc etc. Beggars belief, but then he is a turd.

IMHO I cannot abide the fecker.

Me neither.

It will have been a case of Rovers TV brings in more revenue and that was the only consideration, not the impact it has on lifelong supporters.

• Like 1

On 24/09/2021 at 16:57, lraC said:

Me neither.

It will have been a case of Rovers TV brings in more revenue and that was the only consideration, not the impact it has on lifelong supporters.

Well Waggott has lost one source of revenue - me!

Yesterday's opponents inhouse TV charges the same as us and also uses 'streamamg'.

The difference in what they provide to their fans compared to what Rovers do is quite staggering.

FFS even months old Backstage and Academy videos, both of which have not been updated for ages, are 'locked' on RoversTV and you have to login to watch. OK no big deal to login in but why? when others make access so much easier and this encourages site usage and subscription.

I'm registered on RoversTV and subscribed since the start of iFollow but not now. I'm not paying to be conned. Waggott can do one.

One way or another I've watched every game live this season apart from yesterday as I was asleep but saw a full replay this morning, no fecking thanks to Waggott.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Well Waggott has lost one source of revenue - me!

Yesterday's opponents inhouse TV charges the same as us and also uses 'streamamg'.

The difference in what they provide to their fans compared to what Rovers do is quite staggering.

FFS even months old Backstage and Academy videos, both of which have not been updated for ages, are 'locked' on RoversTV and you have to login to watch. OK no big deal to login in but why? when others make access so much easier and this encourages site usage and subscription.

I'm registered on RoversTV and subscribed since the start of iFollow but not now. I'm not paying to be conned. Waggott can do one.

One way or another I've watched every game live this season apart from yesterday as I was asleep but saw a full replay this morning, no fecking thanks to Waggott.

It’s sad really when a fleeting stint at the club by him, has a loyal fan feeling like this. He should be ashamed of himself.

Update  I wrote to the club to complain along the lines indicated in my previous posts. Here is the gist.

They repeated the obvious stuff…..ifollow has been replaced by Rovers TV (implying that the service obviously won’t be the same). The fees are repeated. They sent me a link to the live streaming offered!

They said they were aware of the replay issue and are working on a resolution. (Apparently Waggott said the same at the recent Fans Forum). They then said that highlights are available on YouTube!

Comments I made about the misleading nature of the Rovers TV promotional material have been “forwarded”. Dunno who to.

No mention of the time zone problems here in Oz. No mention of the increased fee/reduced level of service.

I wrote back informing them of the excellent service offered by Cardiff City TV for FREE via the same streaming company as Rovers TV (streamamg).

I’m not confident anything will change. Nobody seems to give a damn.

• Like 5

My opinion:

Waggott will have known of the extended highlights and full replay issue since setting up the arrangement via 'streamamg'.

Waggott has decided to charge the maximum possible under EFL rules whilst choosing to cut costs by going for minimum outlay - hence no highlights or replay. These costs would include obtaining content and/or its hosting.

The webplayer being used is the basic one. Immediate replay is available with the provider but the plugin is a cost.

The overall content of the site other than the live game is in my opinion the worst of any club who have iFollow or their own inhouse TV, and I've researched a lot.

But then again with Waggott making decisions why expect any better.

I have not subscribed this season.

I will be watching every game live - if awake!

The shambles that is RoversTV is within the remit of the Fans Forum and I do hope that they will not just accept the 'it will be looked into' routine from the person who already knows the answer.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, TonyM said:

Can't find anything on the website at the moment about watching the Huddersfield game tomorrow night .... unless I'm missing something ?

(It is available on iFollow via Huddersfield's website - so will get it that way if necessary)

Option to watch the game is now there on Rovers TV  ....nothing like leaving it until the last minute...

Edited by TonyM

5 hours ago, TonyM said:

Can't find anything on the website at the moment about watching the Huddersfield game tomorrow night .... unless I'm missing something ?

(It is available on iFollow via Huddersfield's website - so will get it that way if necessary)

Would you happen to know if I would have to uninstall the I follow app on my tablet and then re install it? 

I watched most of rovers matches on there last season as I'm in Sweden. 

I just don't want to pay via Huddersfield website only to find I'm unable to see the game.