BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

15 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Looking from the outside, ye must surely have a calmer option than Pickford? He's an excellent shot stopper, although a top keeper is definitely saving the Denmark free. It's just he is very hyper and edgy I would say, he would make me nervous. He gives off a nervous energy. . Put it this way, could you see him starting for any other top international team? 

I don't think there are too many countries that have top quality keepers. Germany Italy.  Thats about it

9 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Is he better than pickford?

Fair question. Calmer and more presence I think. As a former centre-half I'd feel a bit unsure with Pickford behind me. Schmeichel seems to be a good organiser. Pickford proved himself a good shot - and header -  stopper though

2 hours ago, roverandout said:

I don't think there are too many countries that have top quality keepers. Germany Italy.  Thats about it

Courtois is top class. Allison for Brazil. Martinez for Argentina. Schmeichael I would take over Pickford too. 

8 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Courtois is top class. Allison for Brazil. Martinez for Argentina. Schmeichael I would take over Pickford too. 

If we're talking world wide my pick is Oblak, from Slovenia of all places. 

44 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ederson is now seemingly first choice for Brazil. Allisson or Ederson as first choice is certainly a nice choice to have.

Now's the time to dust ourselves down and look forward to Poland and Hungary in the WC qualifiers between now and the end of the year, taking the learnings from the Euros.

IMO side we should be aiming for : 

Pickford

Walker    Stones    Maguire   Shaw

Foden    Philips   Mount  

Sancho   Kane   Stirling

Southgate should sit down with Mount, Foden, Pep and Tuschal and lay out that Mount and Foden will be targeted to play in the middle three, not the front three, and he would appreciate if they will support the plan. The expectation is that they mature off the ball, keeping shape and closing down (Mount already good at this to be fair). 

Of course it's riskier than persevering with both Rice and Philips, but we have to do it as we know we cannot compete in a possession game with both of them. Poland and Hungary will be good tests physically and tactically, we will get a flavour on how what works well and what doesn't. If there are issues Rice, Henderson, Bellingham are all on the bench to be brought on.

But if we don't commit early to taking some risks and looking to improve our possession game we will drift into the world cup with the same weaknesses we have now. Better to start practicing now, flush out the issues, and correct them. We've got 13 months so we should use that time wisely.

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The more I read about the goings on inside and outside Wembley on Sunday the worse it gets. It looks like things went badly wrong on the security front.

I have a friend in Middlesbrough and his brother bought tickets for himself and some family members for around €1000. The tickets were for the area that was stormed and when he approached the turnstiles he was refused entry due to a 'security breach'. He went to the ticket office and was told to try again at the turnstiles once he had shown them his bona fide tickets. He traipsed around Wembley again only to be refused again. At this point the game was 35 minutes old and he decided to go back to his hotel, in doing so missed pretty much all the televised coverage. The FA, once again have demonstrated they are not fit for purpose and the chances of getting the 2030 World Cup are now remote.

30 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I have a friend in Middlesbrough and his brother bought tickets for himself and some family members for around €1000. The tickets were for the area that was stormed and when he approached the turnstiles he was refused entry due to a 'security breach'. He went to the ticket office and was told to try again at the turnstiles once he had shown them his bona fide tickets. He traipsed around Wembley again only to be refused again. At this point the game was 35 minutes old and he decided to go back to his hotel, in doing so missed pretty much all the televised coverage. The FA, once again have demonstrated they are not fit for purpose and the chances of getting the 2030 World Cup are now remote.

The lack of response from all quarters and lack of coverage of this is depressing. More votes and "political currency" by only focussing on the wrongdoing that occurred after the game rather than a series of serious failures prior to and during that endangered lives and let criminal behaviour be rewarded.

And No, i am in no way condoning or mitigating the seriousness of racism.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The more I read about the goings on inside and outside Wembley on Sunday the worse it gets. It looks like things went badly wrong on the security front.

The videos on Twitter are unbelievable. Really shocking.

No chance we will get the W/C. 

The single biggest factor imo (if you can't lock up the dickheads in advance, but we're not Russia) was the 8pm kickoff. If it had been up to the FA I'm sure we would have been looking at a 3pm kick off latest. But we had 8pm as I think it was the sweet spot for US TV (which is bizarre - why is the KO time being dictated by a market not even in the competition. 8pm in London is 10pm in Russia who were actually in the comp... so the game doesn't finish till midnight their time).

So the d!ckheads had 8-9 hours to get annihilated and work themselves up. Terrible strategic error. Obviously lack of police and casual non security trained stewards also not good. 

Edited by joey_big_nose

If hooliganism is a factor in deciding the tournament then the rest of Europe and South America are out 

I wouldn’t over think it. We won’t get the World Cup because Fifa don’t like us (read “The Dirty Game” for direct testimony of that) but I think fan behaviour is an afterthought. Otherwise, why would Russia win it, with organised all out brawls, Neo-fascist supporter groups and direct racism to black players? 

What happened at Wembley won’t have one iota of an impact. Makes me laugh just how naive our journalists are. 2018 and 2022 was/will be in Russia and Qatar FFS, those paragons of virtue!

The FA and UK Gov have credit in the bank with UEFA over the Super League, so every chance they back the British bid and FIFA know we will make them far more profit then a Balkan, Spanish or South American bid would - remember the vast majority of FIFAs income comes from the World Cup.

Opening boozers at 8/9 am, to people who've had no nightclubs for 12 months and have spent a lot of it not being able to go on the lash at all ?

No it was never going to implode obviously.

Everyone seems to argue about culture wars these days but the real culture is one of stable door after the horse has bolted.  Makes for great news though.

There is no doubt that this will have an impact on the FA's World Cup bid if indeed they opt for one. This was a show piece event and it was marred by some appalling seems, that will give FIFA could feet about allowing a World Cup to best hosted here. FIFA's main interest is FIFA and this is their show piece event that takes place every 4 years and they will not want to risk scenes like that being seen at such an event.

Edited by Ewood Ace

1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

There is no doubt that this will have an impact on the FA's World Cup bid if indeed they opt for one. This was a show piece event and it was marred by some appalling seems, that will give FIFA could feet about allowing a World Cup to best hosted here. FIFA's main interest is FIFA and this is their show piece event that takes place every 4 years and they will not want to risk scenes like that being seen at such an event.

FIFA's main interest is £ and it'll go to where they can make most money from it through legal and other means.

The troubles at Wembley were due to something that has been going on for decades.

I call it The BBBP.....................bad behaviour of the British people.

This is the first time I have mentioned the BBBP. Watch out for it in many posts.

As usual the media are blowing things out of proportion, I’m surprised so many posters are lapping it up.

What we saw on Sunday was tame in comparison to years gone by, that doesn’t mean I condone any of it, but it’s hardly 500 England fans smashing everyone and every thing for 4wks solid as we used to see 20/30/40yrs ago.

The behaviour of the fans throughout the tournament has been exemplary, don’t let the gutter press convince you that a few loonies on Sunday have taken us back to 70’s.

Edited by Gav

Yep the MSM has a desire to stereotype and stir as much shit as possible.

Sadly though the boneheads never disappoint in providing the ammunition. It's a pain in the arse just like the kneeling and associated arguments but when you think of all the other issues we are facing at the moment.

It shouldn't be headline news every god damn day for weeks on end.

8 minutes ago, Gav said:

As usual the media are blowing things out of proportion, I’m surprised so many posters are lapping it up.

What we saw on Sunday was tame in comparison to years gone by, that doesn’t mean I condone any of it, but it’s hardly 500 England fans smashing everyone and every thing for 4wks solid as we used to see 20/30/40yrs ago.

The behaviour of the fans throughout the tournament has been exemplary, don’t let the gutter press convince you that a few loonies on Sunday have taken us back to 70’s.

It was more than just a 'few loonies'. For starters there were 5,000 people who gained entry to the stadium without tickets. Not to mention some of the awful scenes that we saw outside of the stadium. There was a very good article in todays Times by Matthew Syed about what he experienced at the ground on Sunday and it sounded quite shocking and certainly like a lot more than a 'few loonies'.

6 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

For starters there were 5,000 people who gained entry to the stadium without tickets

Source?

Preferably an official and not a scally.