BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

• Backroom
Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Silas said:

Spain are the dullest team in the World to watch. 

Obviously, it partly the oppositions fault each time as their fear makes them sit with banks in own half.

Either way, it's a crap spectacle for a neutral. 

I respect the way the Spanish play their football, but I absolutely hate watching it. I have since 2008 when they bored their way to winning the Euros, and made the next 4 years painful to watch as far as international tournaments are concerned. 

Tonight they just lacked a goalscorer. Despite dominating the match in every conventional sense, they could still have lost 1-0 (although I think if Sweden had scored it would have changed the game entirely). Their brand of football only works with creators able to feed goalscorers, and they struggled with both tonight. I do think the creators are there for them, but are the goalscorers? Not so sure. If not a decent counter attacking team will send them out long before the final. 

Edited by DE.

I will say this about the Scots. They are very quick with the self deprecating comments in times like these. There have been some hilarious things doing the rounds tonight but I think this is my favourite. The Arches was a rave club in Glasgow in the 90s 

BC6B8234-804B-49C6-B471-7F96F3523FE5.jpeg

3 minutes ago, roverandout said:

The Scots have to come out to play on Friday.  We'll go through them like a knife through butttterr

the jocks will try to keep it tight and hope for a set piece goal,they`ll not risk getting picked off on the counter,i can see it being one hell of a boring game tbh,scotland sitting in like croatia and us passing it square lots of times,id`e play calvert lewin and mix the play up by hitting a few long balls up to him,he`s got to have a striker partner up with him though and i doubt mowbraygate will alter his tactics that much

Must have been an awful watch for the neutral spectator, but I'm happy with the point. I criticized teams that slavishly play the ball out from the back yesterday, but it's also true that you can't just launch it when playing a superior opponent, and Sweden did just that all throughout the first half before adjusting slightly in the second. Isak looks a massive talent, almost Zlatan-esque at times but with pace! 

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

the jocks will try to keep it tight and hope for a set piece goal,they`ll not risk getting picked off on the counter,i can see it being one hell of a boring game tbh,scotland sitting in like croatia and us passing it square lots of times,id`e play calvert lewin and mix the play up by hitting a few long balls up to him,he`s got to have a striker partner up with him though and i doubt mowbraygate will alter his tactics that much

I can see us getting a hatfull if we score early.  If Scotland lose they're basically out. We have too many technicians that will pick them off.  They play like an early 90s epl team. Lots of direct football.  Huffing and puffing. Archaic 

4 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

They’ll try and make it an ale house game if they can. It’s up to us to impose our more measured game on them.

Take a tip from Spain tonight. They had a player right out on each touch line making the pitch as big as they could. It didn’t go for them tonight but if they find a goal scorer they could be contenders.

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

They’ll try and make it an ale house game if they can. It’s up to us to impose our more measured game on them.

Take a tip from Spain tonight. They had a player right out on each touch line making the pitch as big as they could. It didn’t go for them tonight but if they find a goal scorer they could be contenders.

i very much doubt southgate will change much,he`s like mowbray in the fact he`s terrified of losing,even to a vastly inferior team like scotland

Scots are calling for Patterson and gilmour to start. Gilmour will be slaughtered by rice and Phillips.  Hes only played about 10 games. Patterson has played about 9 games for rangers.  He will be ripped apart if he comes up against sancho foden grealish or rashford or even sterling.  They don't have alot of options on the bench. So I can't see them making too many changes.  Clarke isn't too hopeful on Tierney being fit 

I see the England -Scotland game on friday as the same as if we played Burnley away in the FA Cup next season,if we played them 10 times we'd probably lose 7 draw 2 and win 1,it's the same odds i see Scotland having against us.We should win,a draw isn't the end of the world just don't be the 1 in 10 times of us losing.

Good article on Harry Kane's struggles  here https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2021/jun/15/harry-kane-england-euro-2020

If I was Southgate I'd work with Kane to change his game back a bit to how it was a year / 18 months ago. In our system - unlike Spurs where Son is more advanced - he needs to be more of a number 9 than a 10.

He needs to spend most of his time in it around the box, available for every cross, not rubbing shoulders with Mount and Philips in midfield.

Scotland will love it if he's walking around the centre circle..

16 hours ago, DE. said:

I respect the way the Spanish play their football, but I absolutely hate watching it. I have since 2008 when they bored their way to winning the Euros, and made the next 4 years painful to watch as far as international tournaments are concerned. 

Tonight they just lacked a goalscorer. Despite dominating the match in every conventional sense, they could still have lost 1-0 (although I think if Sweden had scored it would have changed the game entirely). Their brand of football only works with creators able to feed goalscorers, and they struggled with both tonight. I do think the creators are there for them, but are the goalscorers? Not so sure. If not a decent counter attacking team will send them out long before the final. 

I thought that Spanish team was absolutely incredible. Could watch them all day. Probably the best international team of all time.

3 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I thought that Spanish team was absolutely incredible. Could watch them all day. Probably the best international team of all time.

Not better than Brazil 1970 for me.

• Backroom
8 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

In terms of success and consistency I'd agree they may well be the best international team of all time. In terms of entertainment? Not for me, personally, but we all appreciate different things I guess. I actually stopped watching Spain matches in 2010 and 2012 until the final, as I found them an absolute chore to watch and found the lack of creativity and bravery from teams facing them a bit embarrassing! 

47 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I guess just in fitness terms the Spanish team would absolutely Muller them. But that's probably an unfair comparison to make.

Yeah Most modern teams are fitter than the previous generation. T'was ever thus.

24 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Yeah Most modern teams are fitter than the previous generation. T'was ever thus.

Fitness is not all about muscle, mental attitude can help fitness of the brain. A lot of modern teams do not have a winning mentality. Germany are usually the ones with that winning mentality

• J*B unpinned this topic