BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

17 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Colin Hendry gave me some stick on Facebook last night about using Carling and not Tennants - as if anyone cares where Carling is brewed, the joke was on the Scots it wasn't meant to be factually accurate 🙂

The Scots get very hot under the collar on social media about it all don’t they 😂

Every time I see a “it’s coming home” post it’s usually followed by a load of Scots bitter comments. Love it. 

2 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

The Scots get very hot under the collar on social media about it all don’t they 😂

Every time I see a “it’s coming home” post it’s usually followed by a load of Scots bitter comments. Love it. 

Indeed mate, and I do love winding them up. I even have 'Three Lions' as my ring tone. I just hope nobody phones me while I'm in the pub in Glasgow ha ha.

• Moderation Lead

They’re absolutely obsessed with us, in my experience. Just a bit weird tbh.

Makes smashing them to smithereens all the sweeter though!

11 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

They’re absolutely obsessed with us, in my experience. Just a bit weird tbh.

Makes smashing them to smithereens all the sweeter though!

I used to work in a Scottish bar in magaluf in April 2006 . They used to have a chalk board outside that’s said Germany v them or whoever we played. They all bought shirts of whoever we played and filled the bar and when the other team scored it was absolute scenes. He sacked me the night before our first match and hired a Lad from Aberdeen. I didn’t join the union I just wrote gazza  8 on the back of my shirt in marker and watched the first half of the first game in their before retreating to another bar for my own safety for the rest of the tournament where I met a mr Dunn and a mr stead on a stag do along with James blunt . Weird bunch , weird night . Classic times.

COE 💪🏻😝

Edited by Oldgregg86

38 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I used to work in a Scottish bar in magaluf in April 2006 . They used to have a chalk board outside that’s said Germany v them or whoever we played. They all bought shirts of whoever we played and filled the bar and when the other team scored it was absolute scenes. He sacked me the night before our first match and hired a Lad from Aberdeen. I didn’t join the union I just wrote gazza  8 on the back of my shirt in marker and watched the first half of the first game in their before retreating to another bar for my own safety for the rest of the tournament where I met a mr Dunn and a mr stead on a stag do along with James blunt . Weird bunch , weird night . Classic times.

COE 💪🏻😝

Great story.

During the 2002 World Cup the sports chain Greaves, with a prominent shop on Sauchiehall Street in Glasgow, had the shirts of England's 3 group opponents in the window for sale. Apparently they sold like hot cakes, which when you consider one of them was Argentina, who we had been at war with 20 years earlier, was embarrassing. I got into many big heated arguments with the bitter jocks during that tournament.

I hope we absolutely trounce them next week.

I hope they get slaughtered.  Same with the welsh. Cant stand either of them. Really pissed me off when the taffy players were celebrating England being knocked out of 2016 which is weird because half their squad were English.  I bet most of them were cheering on England in the previous tournament in the pubs. 

Edited by roverandout

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

Is it jealousy or genuine dislike? It is hard to tell 

One thing is for certain, you will struggle to see an English man wearing another countries shirts just because they are playing Scotland...

...but at the same time, come on Czech Republic!! 😃

My partner's then-9-year-old son actually wore a Croatia shirt (bought for him by his Scottish dad!) while watching the WC 2018 semi final on holiday in Spain. We got some puzzled looks from most people until it was explained that he was a Scot, not a Croat. That evening ended with a Scottish family taunting us with "It's no' cummin' hame the noo is it ha ha?"

Bitter as fook, the lot of them.

the welsh,irish and scots have always hated us,goes back to the empire era,ironically two of them  want their independence but don`t realise it`s the english economy that`s propping them up,give them their independence and they`ll become like the ex soviet states,dirt poor with mass emigration of their workers to other countries

• Moderation Lead

It’s mad, isn’t it? I couldn’t give a shiny shite who Scotland are playing, but whoever we are playing, they make it an event and also make an effort to become the biggest fans of our opposition. 
Not obsessed or got an inferiority complex though, obviously….

• Backroom
1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Great story.

During the 2002 World Cup the sports chain Greaves, with a prominent shop on Sauchiehall Street in Glasgow, had the shirts of England's 3 group opponents in the window for sale. Apparently they sold like hot cakes, which when you consider one of them was Argentina, who we had been at war with 20 years earlier, was embarrassing. I got into many big heated arguments with the bitter jocks during that tournament.

I was in Cardiff for that tournament. Story checks out.

The streets were filled with Brazil tops for the quarter final.

I could kind of accept them spending £20/£30 on a football top just to hate on the English. Suppose a Brazil top is seen as a fashion accessory sometimes and they could still get some future use out of it.

What still to this day blows my mind, is that they were willing to come out at 6am to do it. Imagine hating on a Country so committedly, that you're like "Right, I'm setting this alarm clock for 5.30am, and then I'm gonna show those lot just how much I hate them! "

I could barely be arsed getting up myself. Anyway, I'm sure they'll say it was worthwhile and I bet they had a right good celebratory morning session after Seaman was left flapping. 

2 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Is it jealousy or genuine dislike? It is hard to tell 

One thing is for certain, you will struggle to see an English man wearing another countries shirts just because they are playing Scotland...

...but at the same time, come on Czech Republic!! 😃

Please let them finish with no points, no goals for the tournament.

Edited by rigger

Some very impressive and magnificent stadiums/cities will host some games. Baku and St Petersburg stadium look great. Munich and Amsterdam stadiums are impressive as I would expect. Great that we are hosting the semi finals and final at Wembley stadium 

Edited by chaddyrovers

My view on what perhaps grinds the Scottish gears is that before most, if not all tournaments, English fans realistically talk about winning it, when that probably wasn't realistic. There is/was a bit of a hype train around players just cos they play premier League. 

I think this time it's kind of similar. Obviously there is great , young attacking talent, but ye could end up playing Germany or France with Tyrone Ming's centre half and Phillips midfield, plus I mean there are huge question marks over Southgate. 

In yer favour I suppose ye have 2 great ex Irish players who will no doubt do the business for ye 😂

Ah no, there are no stand out international teams at the moment, so if I was English I would probably see anything less than the semis as under achieving, particularly after the world cup run.  Having said that, I can't help but feel Southgate will get found out against a more astute manager. 

Don't attack me please 😃

4 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Great story.

They're an odd lot.

I worked at ASDA during my student years in Lancs.

During the 2010 World Cup some bloke with a booming Scottish accent strolled into the store wearing a USA kit. "Who's this wanker, I asked?"

Turned out it was my colleague's dad. 🤣

41 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

My view on what perhaps grinds the Scottish gears is that before most, if not all tournaments, English fans realistically talk about winning it, when that probably wasn't realistic. There is/was a bit of a hype train around players just cos they play premier League. 

I think this time it's kind of similar. Obviously there is great , young attacking talent, but ye could end up playing Germany or France with Tyrone Ming's centre half and Phillips midfield, plus I mean there are huge question marks over Southgate. 

In yer favour I suppose ye have 2 great ex Irish players who will no doubt do the business for ye 😂

Ah no, there are no stand out international teams at the moment, so if I was English I would probably see anything less than the semis as under achieving, particularly after the world cup run.  Having said that, I can't help but feel Southgate will get found out against a more astute manager. 

Don't attack me please 😃

It's interesting that you think it's similar this year.

On the one hand I genuinely think we have a decent chance this time & we have some great young players. On the other I think a lot of the 'it's coming home' attitude is more of an ongoing joke from 2018, when it was a slightly ironic display of blind optimism in the face of us not having a particularly brilliant squad.

I get what you're saying maybe about previous tournaments, but I think there's a fair amount of tongue-in-cheek, even a bit of self-deprecation surrounding England these days. It's just a bit well hidden at times!

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Don't attack me please 😃

You're correct.  Southgate is our achiles heel.  Why he picked mings over tomori, I'll never know. Though I think Ben White could start and he looks a class above mings. Our defenders aren't that bad. We have 4 European finalist fullbacks. A champions league final centreback.  Maguire who would have captained a europa league finalist.  Wolves captain.  Villa captain while grealish was out. A young Brighton defender watched by the likes of man utd Liverpool.  A la liga title winner

1 hour ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

It's interesting that you think it's similar this year.

On the one hand I genuinely think we have a decent chance this time & we have some great young players. On the other I think a lot of the 'it's coming home' attitude is more of an ongoing joke from 2018, when it was a slightly ironic display of blind optimism in the face of us not having a particularly brilliant squad.

I get what you're saying maybe about previous tournaments, but I think there's a fair amount of tongue-in-cheek, even a bit of self-deprecation surrounding England these days. It's just a bit well hidden at times!

That's interesting. I think it was mostly from the Scholes, Lampard, Gerrard, Beckham era. Some big players, but an unbalanced team (bet ye would have liked to have the Duffer there 🙂 ) and the hype about those teams kind of excluded and underestimated the strengths of some other European countries who were really, really strong at the time. Less between the teams now though and I think astute management will be huge. That's why I would think yourselves and Belgium should be a bit concerned. 

It will be interesting to see the team he picks. Potentially a front 3 of Grealish, Kane and Foden could be good enough to really do damage to other teams and bring ye deep into the tournament. 

i don`t think croatia are half the team they were at the world cup,we should`nt have any problems despatching them,then it gets interesting because you can bet your b******s to a barn dance that southgate will **** around and pick a different side against the jocks when it`s arguably an easier game,imo he`s just a gold played mowbray,can`t help himself when it comes to overthinking the tactics

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Some very impressive and magnificent stadiums/cities will host some games. Bake and St Petersburg stadium look great. Munich and Amsterdam stadiums are impressive as I would expect. Great that we are hosting the semi finals and final at Wembley stadium 

ToMo's favourite stadium 🙂

• J*B unpinned this topic