• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If this is how football has “evolved” and this is the game now as we are often told, I give up. I’d much rather watch poor quality uploaded vhs footage of games on YouTube of when you could actua

Why do we always have to focus or find negatives about the quality of the team or some mad reason why we managed to win. We played well, we deservedly won , that’s it. We where the better team and won

A tiny minority of dickheads in a football mad nation… no WC for you. Corrput micro state with myriad human rights abuses and employing slave labour… fill your boots and we’ll even move the whole

Posted Images

14 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

im`e very concerned we won`t be able to cope with concerted pressure that the top nations will bring,if he picks mings then you might as well start with ten because he`ll be sent off,thats a certainty,as a nation we ar`nt set up to defend,it`s not in our mindset,you could get away with it with the likes of terry and rio in the centre,they were world class,macguire,stones and the rest are vastly inferior to them

I believe white has the potential to be a top centre back.  Mings is terrible.  Stones is a very good defender.  Hopefully maguire will be back.  He's so underrated 

5 hours ago, frosty said:

Very impressed by Italy, thought they were excellent both on and off the ball. They kept it really well but completely suffocated Turkey whenever they did lose it and didn’t allow them to play at all. Add in the exceptional Verratti who fits this team perfectly in terms of being technically excellent but also industrious and in your face, and you’ve got a team that is capable of going far.

Looking forward to a first look at Belgium later.

Why is verrati exceptional? I've watched him many times.  He just plays it simple.  He doesn't dictate midfield.  The hype isn't justified 

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

im`e expecting a bore draw in the wales vs switzerland game,both sides equally matched and not much artillery  in attack

Looks like you are going to be right.

Wales are lucky to be in this game.  Swiss are all over them.  How did embolo not get a penalty.  He had his shirt off his back. I remember Harry kane got a few pens 3 years ago because of defenders being all over him

Just now, roverandout said:

Wales are lucky to be in this game.  Swiss are all over them.  How did embolo not get a penalty.  He had his shirt off his back. I remember Harry kane got a few pens 3 years ago because of defenders being all over him

i backed a draw and id`e be cashing out if it was`nt for 888 and their pathetic suspend market monkey,they`re only offering 50p more than i staked the ******* bandits,im`e off to take my football betting elsewhere after this match

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

useful player is that moore,id`e love him here with a normal manager,we`de be beastly on set pieces

We don’t have anyone able to deliver a cross or dead ball. We can’t even take corners 

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

useful player is that moore,id`e love him here with a normal manager,we`de be beastly on set pieces

4 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

Is that good or bad ?

2 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

We don’t have anyone able to deliver a cross or dead ball. We can’t even take corners 

like i said,with a normal manager he`d be a right handful on set pieces because he`d see it as another option if you like,be pointless under mowbray,who probably play him as a centre back

Savage is always pretty bad but today he’s been just awful on commentary 

Wales have got away with one here, the most blatant penalty and red card in the first half not given 

Yeah, Savage was massively off-putting on commentary. I'm not a stickler for total professionalism or anything but he just sounded like a random Welsh fan who'd sunk a few pre-game being let loose on the headset.

Swiss played some good stuff but were very poor in front of goal. Consistently ranked high and have some great players but never seem to achieve anything.

Wales kept working hard so you can't begrudge their equaliser, but they were lucky to escape with a point. Don't see them progressing very far, the quality just isn't there for them, Bale isn't what he was five years ago and I don't think they'll get the same wave of momentum they had back then either. 

6 minutes ago, Tom said:

Savage is always pretty bad but today he’s been just awful on commentary 

Wales have got away with one here, the most blatant penalty and red card in the first half not given 

Could u imagine an English co commentator being so blatantly biased and showing that much passion just because hes English? Hoddle or Dixon would get hammered by the other home nations 

Think it's all been said really:

Wales are poor and VERY lucky to draw. The other two teams should paste them. 

Savage - loved the guy at Rovers but my word should not be commentating. Don't know if it was because he was with Wales but inaccurate and biased would be the kinder adjectives to describe his calling the game. 

3 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Think it's all been said really:

Wales are poor and VERY lucky to draw. The other two teams should paste them. 

Savage - loved the guy at Rovers but my word should not be commentating. Don't know if it was because he was with Wales but inaccurate and biased would be the kinder adjectives to describe his calling the game. 

he`s a nightmare on 606,talks over everybody and does`nt listen to any else opinions,good player though!!

3 hours ago, roverandout said:

Why is verrati exceptional? I've watched him many times.  He just plays it simple.  He doesn't dictate midfield.  The hype isn't justified 

I assume we've watched him in the same games, i.e. when PSG have played a big Champions League game or against an English team. As he's never played in any of the other big leagues - never even played in Serie A funnily enough - and I'm quite sure this is his first international tournament. 

But I've been very impressed whenever I've watched him. His passing isn't as expansive as say Pirlo (who most people in the UK didn't appreciate fully until he was aged 33 at Euro 2012.....) but it's still really good, neat and sharp. But on top of that he's combative and always in your face and I think he makes this technically very good and hardworking Italy team even better. 

Forgot which CL game it was - might have been when they won away at Barcelona the season just gone - but all the pundits were full of praise for him. And he was Roy Keane's answer when Micah Richards asked him which CM at the Euro's he'd like to play alongside. 

• J*B unpinned this topic