BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You missed the one in the early 1970’s when Gunter Netzer and co ran us ragged 3-1 at Wembley Jim.

My Dad went to that game. i still have the programme in the attic from it.It was 1972 if i remember from the last time i read it.

What I think is slightly amusing is how a lot of pundits, were pro Wales,but have suddenly become pro English. The Welsh and Scottish fans will still be supporting whoever wins between Sweden and Ukraine.

• Backroom
13 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Worst team they’ve had in years, to be fair.

But yeah, like 2001, when we banged them 5-1, they will hit reset and come back really strong. Just to pre warn…

Absolutely. Let's not forget they also crashed out of WC 2018 in the group stages after being beaten 2-0 by South Korea. Germany are at their lowest point in decades. Low probably should have gone after the WC 2018 debacle, but I'm glad he didn't!

However, as you say they'll be back - wouldn't surprise me if they rebounded in a big way at WC 2022 with a new manager and fresh ideas.

32 minutes ago, rigger said:

What I think is slightly amusing is how a lot of pundits, were pro Wales,but have suddenly become pro English. The Welsh and Scottish fans will still be supporting whoever wins between Sweden and Ukraine.

Gabby yorath was welsh during the wales games now she's trying to pass herself off as English 

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

It didn't knock us out though whereas the other defeats did. We drew 0-0 in the second leg in Berlin. Am I right?

Yeah, we obviously needed a win and Sir Alf played for a 0-0 draw right from the off. We got a draw but we stank the place out. My abiding memory is hard man Peter Storey sorting out one or two of the German players.

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Germany beat us in tournament football in 1970, 1990, 1996 and 2010.

I witnessed them all, and they were absolute agony, especially 1970.

55 years we've been waiting for tonight, so excuse me if I don't care what the younger generation think

Anyway, that's me done. I'm out to smash up a few Volkswagens

55 years you've been waiting so surely just enjoying it rather than writing Germany off as crap? 

• Backroom
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Both sides look out on their feet. 

Denmark or Czechs both look really decent teams, but Sweden and Ukraine don't really...

Injuries & red cards doing us a favour on both sides now. 

Think we should handle either of these pretty easily with the way we play, another comfortable if not thrilling 1 or 2-0 win.

We've already beaten the Czechs but the match was somewhat meangingless in the context of the group, so maybe not a good barometer. Nonetheless I wouldn't be worried about them. Denmark on the other hand I'd expect to give us a real challenge if we get through to the semis and they do as well. 

Edited by DE.

Just now, RoverDom said:

This one

Poor team by their standards doesn't mean they are the word you used. Germany teams are always hard to beat, as England know too well. Not sure what point you're trying to make except being contrary for the sake of it

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We thought that when we had Iceland to play. I’m just hoping today wasn’t our Cup Final like the England v Scotland game was Scotland’s Cup Final.

This team is too focused and professional to act like Scotland.  We are a few levels above them

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We thought that when we had Iceland to play. I’m just hoping today wasn’t our Cup Final like the England v Scotland game was Scotland’s Cup Final.

I'm not too concerned about Ukraine, but I think if we play Denmark in the semis that will be a tough one. 

Just now, roverandout said:

Ukraine look very flimsy at the back plus they struggled to break down 10 men for a long time

They looked neat and tidy on the ball and they were obviously well organised but there is quite a gulf in abilities on paper at least. You’d be expecting another 2-0 win, especially since they’ve played 120 mins tonight.

19 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I am starting to get more confident and I am starting to look at the other side of the draw, hoping some of the more fancied teams get knocked out.  

Edited by rigger

• J*B unpinned this topic